Game Discussion: Dark Souls III Forum

The Dark Soul

AuthorMessage
PoisonedTruth
PoisonedTruth
Posted on 28 April 16 at 14:41
So recently (within the past 24 hours), I completed the game via obtaining all the the achievements, but the final achievement for the game has not unlocked, instead in the achievement list it says it is only 97% completed.

Is anyone else facing this issue? Are there any fixes for it ?
Frankies Back
Frankies Back
Posted on 28 April 16 at 18:20
Did you do all the achievements on one character? I know it doesn't say it has to be one character but that might be why.

If you did do all the achievements on one character then maybe the xbox achievement servers were messed up when you got one of the achievements. Do you know which achievement didn't increase the percent?
iseedeadgamers
Posted on 28 April 16 at 18:41
Might be bugged. I'd say give it a week (as annoying as that sounds) but that has happened to me as well. Also try uninstalling the game and then re installing, maybe doing a hard reset or even clearing your cache.
Don't cry over spilled milk, it could have been whiskey. - Pappy Maverick
PoisonedTruth
PoisonedTruth
Posted on 28 April 16 at 23:21
Unfortunately I wouldn't know which achievement didn't count, but all of them were completed on the one character,

I've tried all of those possible situations, it seems I might just have to wait for the 1 week.

If that does not work, I might just have to start a new character and redo achievement requirements
vSully
vSully
Posted on 29 April 16 at 00:56
Most people who play this game have at least one bugged achievement. For me it was master of sorceries. It shows 100%, locked and has never popped for me. I completed the requirements on March 28- four weeks ago. The dark soul popped without issue.

All we can do is wait. Completing requirements again doesn't do anything.
AP 8T8
AP 8T8
Posted on 02 May 16 at 22:47
vSully said:Most people who play this game have at least one bugged achievement. For me it was master of sorceries. It shows 100%, locked and has never popped for me. I completed the requirements on March 28- four weeks ago. The dark soul popped without issue.

Did you start up a new character and collect all the sorceries again? I am only missing a couple of boss achievements and maxing out my bonfire. I beat the bosses again on ng+ and ng++ with no luck. Was going to run through quick with a new character but won't bother if it won't force them to unlock.
AP
vSully
vSully
Posted on 02 May 16 at 23:51
I haven't personally but it won't fix it.
Alice2183
Alice2183
Posted on 08 May 16 at 18:51, Edited on 08 May 16 at 18:54 by Alice2183
AP 8T8 said:vSully said:Most people who play this game have at least one bugged achievement. For me it was master of sorceries. It shows 100%, locked and has never popped for me. I completed the requirements on March 28- four weeks ago. The dark soul popped without issue.

Did you start up a new character and collect all the sorceries again? I am only missing a couple of boss achievements and maxing out my bonfire. I beat the bosses again on ng+ and ng++ with no luck. Was going to run through quick with a new character but won't bother if it won't force them to unlock.
I can tell you from experience that this *may* fix it, but it would likely not work to just start a new character. You would probably need to delete all your save data (from the console and the cloud, there is no way to back it up on a hard drive like you used to be able to on the 360, so be absolutely sure you want to try this before doing it).

My gestures achievement was stuck at 100% and locked, but I was able to get it to pop by deleting my saves and starting fresh, then collecting all of the gestures again. After collecting the last one again it popped (it took 30-60 seconds or so for it to unlock, it didn't happen immediately like most do). And the achievement was date stamped back to the original date when it should have unlocked rather than when it rescanned. So I know for certain that I should have gotten it before, and this whole process was just to trick the system into rescanning the achievement.

I think people who just try to collect everything again have trouble because their old save file is still there, so the game thinks you have already completed the requirements, but if you delete everything and start fresh, it can force it to rescan. It's a gamble because if it doesn't work you have deleted your old character and spent a while going back through and collecting again, but for me it was better than waiting an indefinite amount of time for either Microsoft or From Software to do something about it.

I took all of the equipment that I wanted to keep and left what I could for a friend to pick up, so he can give it back to me on my new character. That makes it so that I didn't lose everything that I had worked for (all the rings and armor and weapons), but you can't transfer covenant items, souls, keys, or upgrade materials. You also can't leave spells, so you would have to collect them all again if you want them.

I would say, try to get everything that you can and hopefully unlock the collectible ones that are not bugged and hopefully the Dark Soul achievement as well. Then give items you want to keep to a friend, delete your saves, and start fresh to try to get any achievements that were bugged for you.

Another note for the rings. I started as a Sorcerer and had the Young Dragon Ring from the start. When I picked up my last ring, my achievement didn't pop, but after I dropped (use "leave" not "discard") the Young Dragon Ring and picked it up again, the achievement popped. So I know that sometimes it doesn't count a starting ring for whatever reason. Hopefully that might help someone who is having trouble with the rings. You can try dropping them all and picking them up again.
AP 8T8
AP 8T8
Posted on 12 May 16 at 10:37
My achievements have unlocked now! clap
AP
Titanous Arrow
Posted on 17 March 18 at 05:14
I guess I’m the first person to have this issue in a very long time. I restarted the campaign numerous times before first because I was garbage at that boss . Two years later I’m stuck at 97% after 10 days of waiting for the day dark soul to pop still. How many people had this achievement bug? Did any of you not ever get it to unlock?
Nite Owl III
Nite Owl III
Posted on 25 September 18 at 18:16
Just following up, Titanous Arrow- how did you get it to unlock? I saw it did for you a couple weeks later. It’s been a month for my Pontiff Sulyvhan and I’m just wondering if there’s any hope at all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.