Site Wishlist - Archive Forum

Archived site wishlist posts

Game Info Unobtainable Warning box on-click behaviors

Implemented
AuthorMessage
Ashen Seraph
Ashen Seraph
Posted on 28 April 16 at 17:34
This is probably a small little page behavior I'd like to see. In the side-bar game info box on a game page, we have an extra warning box that appears when discontinued or unobtainable achievements exist in the game. Could we possibly get some on-click behaviors on this box? I personally would like it to show only those achievements when clicking the box. Some people might prefer to filter those achievements out. Maybe it could rotate through normal view, only those, and filtered out?

And before it comes up, yeah, you can use the View settings to filter those achievements, but it's realistically a LOT of clicks compared to what could be a single click.
My signature keeps changing itself.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 28 April 16 at 21:02
If the View box weren't practically right next to the box I might agree, but it's only a few clicks more not far from where you want. I just want see any real benefit to it.
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 28 April 16 at 21:36
+1 from me, maybe link it to the flag submission thread where you have the discussion?
RIP Trueachievement App http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=491015
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 29 April 16 at 12:36
I don't see the point of doing this for discontinued or unobtainable, but it would be awesome for games with Partly Discontinues/Unobtainable. You could click the box and see what situation would make the achievements discontinued or unobtainable. That way you can tell if you are able to unlock them or not.
Endanehm
Endanehm
Posted on 29 April 16 at 12:51, Edited on 29 April 16 at 12:52 by Endanehm
I would like to be able to click on the warning box to see which achievement is unobtainable.
Right now, I have to scroll down through a list of 50 (or more with DLC) achievements and watch for the tiny unobtainable symbol next to it.
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 29 April 16 at 12:53
Endanehm said:I would like to be able to click on the warning box to see which achievement is unobtainable.
Right now, I have to scroll down through a list of 50 (or more with DLC) achievements and watch for the tiny unobtainable symbol next to it.
Refer to the first two posts that mention the view box.
Endanehm
Endanehm
Posted on 30 April 16 at 13:00, Edited on 30 April 16 at 13:03 by Endanehm
napoearth said:Endanehm said:I would like to be able to click on the warning box to see which achievement is unobtainable.
Refer to the first two posts that mention the view box.
First of all, thanks for pointing that out, I've missed that option completely until now.

However, I feel my point still stands:

Right now, I have to: click view box > click "Clear all flags" > click the unobtanable flag > click "Apply"

vs. one click on the big red "This game has unobtainables!" box.

I agree that this is only a minor issue, but it would still improve site usability in my opinion.
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 20 December 17 at 07:07
Brilliant idea! Especially for partially discontinued/unobtainable. Bump.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 13 February 18 at 13:49
This would be nice, but more importantly, we need to be able to see WHY an achievement has a buggy/discontinued/unobtainable flag. Far too many times have I seen an achievement flagged with one of these (particularly buggy) and not been able to figure out why. That information should be available right there on the game page.
What can change the nature of a man?
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 13 February 18 at 19:22
Awoo said:
This would be nice, but more importantly, we need to be able to see WHY an achievement has a buggy/discontinued/unobtainable flag. Far too many times have I seen an achievement flagged with one of these (particularly buggy) and not been able to figure out why. That information should be available right there on the game page.
Always end up having to search through the game’s forum or that particular achievement’s solutions/comments. The only game I can think of that does this currently is Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360). This would be very useful if they did this for more games with those achievement flags.
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 13 February 18 at 21:16
Awoo said:
This has been in the works for a while; we plan to have achievement PIBs. It will briefly say why an achievement is flagged as such.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 14 February 18 at 09:22
Good to hear!
What can change the nature of a man?
TrueAchievement
Posted on 04 April 18 at 14:34
We've added a link to the Game Information panel to show the Discontinued/unobtainable achievements.
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 04 April 18 at 14:38, Edited on 04 April 18 at 14:39 by MakeMeACoffee
TrueAchievement said:
We've added a link to the Game Information panel to show the Discontinued/unobtainable achievements.
Thanks - nice addition (although it would still be nice to know the exact reasoning quickly)

However, currently this doesn't work for

Super Dungeon Bros Achievements

edit:
also
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Achievements
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 04 April 18 at 14:42
It seems to not be working for Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable but Rich is looking into this now.
Game Info Assistant Manager
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 04 April 18 at 15:01
ChinDocta said:
It seems to not be working for Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable but Rich is looking into this now.
In my limited testing, it seems to only be a problem when there is only one achievement, and that achievement is PD/U

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Achievements works for isntance (4 PDU) and WWE 2K16 Achievements (6 DC/1 PDU)
TrueAchievement
Posted on 04 April 18 at 16:12
MakeMeACoffee said:
ChinDocta said:
In my limited testing, it seems to only be a problem when there is only one achievement, and that achievement is PD/U

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Achievements works for isntance (4 PDU) and WWE 2K16 Achievements (6 DC/1 PDU)
Yes, we are on it
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 04 April 18 at 17:18
This is fantastic! I don't know if it would ruin the design but would it be possible to move the info box to the top on mobile? You have to go through all of the achievements right now to see it. If it's too much maybe make it collapsed by default and expand on click. Even if you don't move it this helps a lot on mobile
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 04 April 18 at 23:48
MakeMeACoffee said:
ChinDocta said:

I don’t think that’s it, since it works on Gears of War: Judgment Achievements

Whatever the case is, I’m sure it’ll get sorted out quickly. Great addition! toast
Information Posted on 20 April 18 at 00:28
This post was archived by DaveKinetic

7 up votes (88%)
1 down vote (12%)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.