Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 30 April 16 at 08:23
    Please use this thread to discuss the The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 walkthrough
  • angelskangelsk994,818
    Posted on 15 May 16 at 15:57
    This is complete, just need to check all my spelling and send for review.
  • Information
  • EverStoned77EverStoned77677,868
    Posted on 07 August 17 at 18:59
    Let me just start by saying thanks for making this walkthrough toast
    It has helped me quite a bit so far but it would seem that I've found a small error. . .
    On the page called: Story walkthrough - Chapter 3 just after the 3rd achievement called:
    The Book of Unwritten Tales 2You've got a friend in meThe You've got a friend in me achievement in The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 worth 36 pointsStrengthen a friendship
    the WT says:
    Take the v-belt.
    Take the firework (x2) on the left and on the right.
    Go into the cave.

Cave:
    Take the firework.
    Look at the coal vein.
    Go back to the rubbish heap
    and climb the rubbish heap.

Rubbish Heap:
    Take the firework (x2) on the left and right.
    Go down and enter the workshop
    Workshop:
    Take the firework.
    Look at the machine in the bottom right.
    Take the firework. Go back.
    Go to the scrap yard workshop
    Take the firework
    Look at the machine in the bottom right.
    Take the firework
    . Go back.
    Go to the scrap yard
    and go into the cave
    The error is in the 2nd quote where the same part is repeated twice,so instead of saying "Go to the scrap yard workshop" etc. etc. . . It should simply just say:
    Go to the scrap yard
    workshop and go into the cave
    Kicking Grass & Smoking Ass,wait,what?!?
  • angelskangelsk994,818
    Posted on 07 August 17 at 20:19, Edited on 07 August 17 at 20:25 by angelsk
    EverStoned77 said:
    Let me just start by saying thanks for making this walkthrough toast
    It has helped me quite a bit so far but it would seem that I've found a small error. . .

The error is in the 2nd quote where the same part is repeated twice,so instead of saying "Go to the scrap yard workshop" etc. etc. . . It should simply just say:
    Go to the scrap yard
    workshop and go into the cave
    :)

Thanks!! Will fix

EDIT: Fix submitted. Good catch! :)
  • Posted on 09 October 17 at 22:58
    well im done with this game. apparently auto saves are not a thing and when my game crashed it brought me back an entire chapter to where I manually saved last. How is nobody telling people this?
  • angelskangelsk994,818
    Posted on 10 October 17 at 06:22
    STOUTASSASSIN67 said:
    well im done with this game. apparently auto saves are not a thing and when my game crashed it brought me back an entire chapter to where I manually saved last. How is nobody telling people this?
    It is in the notes on the second page.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite3,374,805
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 11:04
    There are auto saves.
    Posted on 14 November 17 at 16:06, Edited on 14 November 17 at 16:13 by Dwaggienite
    "Look at the desk again (x4) and make all four laws, to get "Smoking dried leaves", "Respect for pregnant elves", "Only marry for love" and "Ban of Magic Amulets" laws. "

You can't undo the ban of magic amulets until you talk to Zloff/Blout (the ogre) about the amulet, and then go back to write that law, before going back to the ogre to get the amulet to givie to Wilbur.
  • angelskangelsk994,818
    Posted on 14 November 17 at 18:27
    Dwaggienite said:
    "Look at the desk again (x4) and make all four laws, to get "Smoking dried leaves", "Respect for pregnant elves", "Only marry for love" and "Ban of Magic Amulets" laws. "

You can't undo the ban of magic amulets until you talk to Zloff/Blout (the ogre) about the amulet, and then go back to write that law, before going back to the ogre to get the amulet to givie to Wilbur.
    I'm following it on the 360 version. I shall double check my steps there. Thanks for pointing this out!
    Posted on 23 November 17 at 14:44
    Village:
    Open your inventory (cn_Y) and select the white bed sheet (x2). Wilbur automatically enters the shop.
    Open your inventory (cn_Y) and select the old axe. Break the knot (of the washing line).
    Open your inventory (cn_Y) and combine the thin wooden stick with the tear-proof washing line. Tie the washing line onto the wooden stick to get homemade fishing rod.
    Leave the village.

Chapter 5 is above. You CANNOT select the white bed sheet twice, nor can you go into the shop with it selected.
  • angelskangelsk994,818
    Posted on 23 November 17 at 15:03
    Thanks Dwagggie. Shall check and update when I get to chapter 5!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 June 18 at 06:01
    I just cannot give the fine doily to the troll nothing shows up.. i guess this is a game breaking bug
  • angelskangelsk994,818
    Posted on 27 June 18 at 06:19
    Hahaman4real said:
    I just cannot give the fine doily to the troll nothing shows up.. i guess this is a game breaking bug
    Are you sure you’ve done all the other steps? Tried highlighting all the points?
  • Ando0420Ando0420456,211
    Posted on 01 January 19 at 21:13
    I’m having an issue in chapter 1 where you have to look at all the student and faculty files. The file I need to look in to get the yellowed design drawing isn’t showing up. I’ll looked at all the other files twice and I haven’t gotten the achievement and the drawing isn’t in my inventory. Anyone have any ideas about what I might have missed?
  • angelskangelsk994,818
    Posted on 18 February 19 at 22:15, Edited on 18 February 19 at 22:15 by angelsk
    Dwaggienite said:

Fixed (sorry it took so long)

Dwaggienite said:
    Village:
    Open your inventory (cn_Y) and select the white bed sheet (x2). Wilbur automatically enters the shop.
    Open your inventory (cn_Y) and select the old axe. Break the knot (of the washing line).
    Open your inventory (cn_Y) and combine the thin wooden stick with the tear-proof washing line. Tie the washing line onto the wooden stick to get homemade fishing rod.
    Leave the village.

Chapter 5 is above. You CANNOT select the white bed sheet twice, nor can you go into the shop with it selected.
    Just did this bit. Selected the sheet twice and it auto entered the shop. Maybe you missed a step before?

angelsk said:
    Hahaman4real said:
    Are you sure you’ve done all the other steps? Tried highlighting all the points?
    Following my own guide had no problems with this. You may have missed a step.

Ando0420 said:
    I’m having an issue in chapter 1 where you have to look at all the student and faculty files. The file I need to look in to get the yellowed design drawing isn’t showing up. I’ll looked at all the other files twice and I haven’t gotten the achievement and the drawing isn’t in my inventory. Anyone have any ideas about what I might have missed?
    Following my own guide had no problems with this. You may have missed a step. Try pressing cn_X to highlight all the interactions.
  • DonkeyBong71DonkeyBong711,213,183
    Posted on 19 May 19 at 12:18
    Dwaggienite said:
    Village:
    Leave the village.

You have to exhaust all conversation options with Gulliver in the scene before at the campfire, not just ask him to fix the broken press.
  • angelskangelsk994,818
    Posted on 14 October 19 at 17:47
    DonkeyBong71 said:
    Dwaggienite said:
    Village:
    Leave the village.

You have to exhaust all conversation options with Gulliver in the scene before at the campfire, not just ask him to fix the broken press.
    Sorry I missed this comment. I will clarify this in both versions of the walkthrough.
  • EverStoned77EverStoned77677,868
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 00:13, Edited on 24 October 19 at 00:22 by EverStoned77
    Dwaggienite said:

Sorry but why isn't this fixed yet... It even says it's fixed but it isn't warning

Edit: ok so anyone stumbling in to this, you can easily go to Zloff/Blout (the ogre) after you written the 3 first laws & then go back to the school & write the 4th so not game breaking ... I read the guides saying it was missable so were freaking a bit out with the prospects of having to start all the way from scratch just because of this 1 achievement shock
    It's not like I'm saying that I am Batman, I'm just saying no one has EVER seen us at the same time. . .
  • angelskangelsk994,818
    Posted on 24 October 19 at 07:10, Edited on 24 October 19 at 08:35 by angelsk
    EverStoned77 said:
    Dwaggienite said:

Sorry but why isn't this fixed yet... It even says it's fixed but it isn't warning

Edit: ok so anyone stumbling in to this, you can easily go to Zloff/Blout (the ogre) after you written the 3 first laws & then go back to the school & write the 4th so not game breaking ... I read the guides saying it was missable so were freaking a bit out with the prospects of having to start all the way from scratch just because of this 1 achievement shock
    I know I made the changes to both walkthroughs. Maybe the change didn’t get published? I’ll check with the overseer!

Edit: Just checked, changes were made to both versions of the WTs when I said I made them. But they were never published. I've pinged the overseer again.

Thanks for letting me know. I knew I wasn't going mad :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.