The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: May 3rd, 2016

• Posted on 05 May 16 at 02:39Permalink
    KinectKid333 said:Quick question. If I have a retail BC game that is on a disc and put it into my Xbox One disc drive, will it still work/can I still earn achievements for it?In a word, yes. You put the disc in and it downloads the BC package, and you can then play it while the disc is still in the drive.
    Myself, Freamwhole and Crandy host a podcast all about achievements. Check it out! http://www.zedtozed.com/
  • Strategy OneStrategy One662,503
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 02:46Permalink
    Tons of deals!
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333522,032
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 02:46Permalink
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:KinectKid333 said:Quick question. If I have a retail BC game that is on a disc and put it into my Xbox One disc drive, will it still work/can I still earn achievements for it?In a word, yes. You put the disc in and it downloads the BC package, and you can then play it while the disc is still in the drive.Awesome! Thanks for the response.
    "I fear the day when mankind starts making up quotes about things I never said and posting them on the internet." --Albert Einstein
  • AGGT002AGGT002112,830
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 05:41Permalink
    Quite a few sales going on. Btw, is there anyone that doesnt have Battlefield and Starwars yet. Everybody has got to have picked it up by now. laugh
  • Posted on 05 May 16 at 18:18Permalink
    doowylloH said:sham93 said:Would have picked Ryse up if the dollar to pound exchange rate was as it should be.Speaking of Ryse....for those of you that have played it, is it worth picking up?It's OK. It's a hack-and-slash type game. As far as achievements go, the only one that is a pain is getting up to level 200 in multiplayer because it's a bit of a grind if you're not good at combat. It's worth $15, I think.

Note that you can get the "Legendary Edition" of Ryse (physical game with all the DLC included) right now for $13.50 on Amazon.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,395,169
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 18:24Permalink
    For those looking into Alan Wake & Forza Horizon 2 (Both 360 & One) look on ebay there are codes for cheaper than anywhere else. I've seen Alan Wake go for $5, I got 360 Horizon for $15 and just missed One Horizon for $15 by mere seconds.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm310,780
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm310,780
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 23:19Permalink
    smakzillaa said:Well I was going to get Alan Wake, but it won't let me use my currency balance for some reason on the Xbox One and shows up as $19.99 on my xbox 360... joyTry: https://store.xbox.com
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa582,827
    Posted on 06 May 16 at 01:01Permalink
    Allgorhythm said:smakzillaa said:Well I was going to get Alan Wake, but it won't let me use my currency balance for some reason on the Xbox One and shows up as $19.99 on my xbox 360... joyTry: https://store.xbox.comUnfortunately currency balance can't be used on the Xbox One or Xbox site for Alan Wake -shrugs-
  • YaevenYaeven125,133
    Posted on 06 May 16 at 06:35Permalink
    "Forza Horizon
    • VIP Membership and Cars Pack (does not contain achievements, but required to obtain them)"

I'm confused. Can anyone elaborate?
  • Pare ESPPare ESP1,246,771
    Posted on 06 May 16 at 09:45Permalink
    Please, anybody knows if the add-on on xbox 360 Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Pack has achievements? Thanks
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash329,809
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead508,547
    Posted on 07 May 16 at 00:31Permalink
    Yaeven said:"Forza Horizon
    • VIP Membership and Cars Pack (does not contain achievements, but required to obtain them)"

I'm confused. Can anyone elaborate?
    The 1000 Club Expansion Pack for Forza Horizon does not include any cars, so you need to buy extra cars to be able to get some of the achievments.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash329,809
    Posted on 07 May 16 at 14:53Permalink
    XI AlphaMale IX said:WhyattThrash said:XI AlphaMale IX said:Is Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet really BC?Maybe in the future but not according to my downloadable games right now.Is this confirmed? I'd like to buy it if it's BC, but I think it might be a typo.There was some other game that TA had the inside scoop on becoming BC before it actually went live recently, so this might be another one of those cases.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead508,547
    Posted on 07 May 16 at 19:53, Edited on 07 May 16 at 20:00 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 08 May 16 at 09:46Permalink
    I bought so many games, my credit card company called me about suspicious activity. Seriously.
  • SpilnerSpilner772,295
    Posted on 08 May 16 at 11:21Permalink
    XI AlphaMale IX said:I bought so many games, my credit card company called me about suspicious activity. Seriously.Ive had that before, least they got our back for real fraud rock
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • Pare ESPPare ESP1,246,771
    Posted on 08 May 16 at 11:40Permalink
    Please, anybody knows if the add-on on xbox 360 Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens Pack has achievements? Thanks
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.