Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Another Set of Titles Become Backwards Compatible

• Posted on 05 May 16 at 18:47
    Hot damn, I absolutely LOVE Phantasy Star 2; still own my old Genesis cartridge. I'll definitely be replaying it on the One.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE489,745
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 18:51, Edited on 05 May 16 at 18:55 by WestsideSxE
    MrZombieChicken said:I take it these are for the standalone arcade games, not for the ones included in compilations (Genesis collection & Namco collection). It doesn't matter to me since I own both versions, but it would be nice to know.Saint Harri said:Can any of you guys pop in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection into their Xbox One to see if Phantasy Star II and/or Sonic & Knuckles start to download? I was told the disc allowed you to download the XBLA versions of a few of the games.Namco collection will work, but like regular XB1 games, you'll have to keep the disc in the drive to play them as that's how the DRM deigns dems

The Sonic Genesis/MD disc does not have any of the XBLA versions, so it's not going to work - it's a standalone title with its own 1k
  • JamPound32JamPound321,020,938
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 18:55
    WestsideSxE said:Saint Harri said:Can any of you guys pop in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection into their Xbox One to see if Phantasy Star II and/or Sonic & Knuckles start to download? I was told the disc allowed you to download the XBLA versions of a few of the games.The Sonic Genesis/MD disc does not have any of the XBLA versions, so it's not going to work - it's a standalone titleThis is true but I have heard the same thing, it's an apparent way to get the delisted Golden axe. Might be worth a try.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,189,407
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 19:31
    UnstoppableKD said:There is probably a good explanation as to why this is, but I don't understand why they waste time making these random games backwards compatible vs big name games. I just don't understand. I would think more people would buy the big name games vs these games.Microsoft HAVE to have the developers permission! And you know alot of them will say no so they can re-release a cash grab! Sorry I meant a re-master which this generation is rammed with already
  • Posted on 05 May 16 at 19:42
    hopfully that will fixed that Buggy Glitchy Dig achievement in Dig Dug....Lol
    OV
  • Posted on 05 May 16 at 19:48
    we want bioshock!!!!cry
    perfectionist
  • Posted on 05 May 16 at 20:11, Edited on 05 May 16 at 20:13 by MeticulousMight
    NO1KEV said:UnstoppableKD said:There is probably a good explanation as to why this is, but I don't understand why they waste time making these random games backwards compatible vs big name games. I just don't understand. I would think more people would buy the big name games vs these games.Microsoft HAVE to have the developers permission! And you know alot of them will say no so they can re-release a cash grab! Sorry I meant a re-master which this generation is rammed with alreadyThis!
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/mkolanko <== EASY $$ DOING SURVEYS, WATCHING VIDEOS, MAKING ONLINE PURCHASES, ETC. AT SWAGBUCKS!
  • Posted on 05 May 16 at 20:16
    pezboyben said:I want to be able to buy backwards compatible games with the money I put on my Xbox One.You can. Go to the store on the One dashboard, and there is a BC area.
  • TheSign88TheSign881,461,489
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 20:19
    I'm getting the error message asking me if i'm surethegame is released? And if not to wait for the release day. (sonic and knuckles)
  • Posted on 05 May 16 at 20:31
    Maybe this will actually get me to play Phantasy Star II. It was the first XBLA game I bought; didn't end up playing it for years then finally popped an achievement in it but now it's been almost three years since I did that. facepalm
    Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
  • VeezatronVeezatron219,297
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 20:36
    Maelstorm95 said:KingyOwl said:UnstoppableKD said:There is probably a good explanation as to why this is, but I don't understand why they waste time making these random games backwards compatible vs big name games. I just don't understand. I would think more people would buy the big name games vs these games.There is and it's explained every time one of these articles come up listing new backwards compatible titles!This. You can also check on their site to see which games are in progress.Can someone explain this more? Like you can see on XBOX.com which games are being made BC?
  • PuRe PretzelPuRe Pretzel485,387
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 20:36
    ComboChrist said:Yeah, more BS no one asked for. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEJust so you know I personally asked the developers on Facebook for Runner 2 to make it backwards compatible so I'm quite happy right now
    twitter.com/jay_smith
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face585,762
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 20:54
    wish those ultimate alliance titles would go BC. I would buy both right now as they are only 10 bucks each.
    [quote gamer=Kexol]Haha loved the first execution. You can count on me abusing it when GOW4 comes out.[/quote] Oh, I thought the w
  • Posted on 05 May 16 at 21:00
    JamP0und32 said:WestsideSxE said:Saint Harri said:Can any of you guys pop in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection into their Xbox One to see if Phantasy Star II and/or Sonic & Knuckles start to download? I was told the disc allowed you to download the XBLA versions of a few of the games.The Sonic Genesis/MD disc does not have any of the XBLA versions, so it's not going to work - it's a standalone titleThis is true but I have heard the same thing, it's an apparent way to get the delisted Golden axe. Might be worth a try.Ok I just tried it. Popped the Genesis collection disc in and it fired straight into Sonic The Hedgehog strangely. It then said there was an update for this game (around 500mb). I started the download, quit out of Sonic and went into queue and low and behold, standalone Golden Axe is downloading!

So I can confirm that is true. :)
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • CRZYSPZCRZYSPZ729,355
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 21:05
    T0tin0sPizzaBoy said:wish those ultimate alliance titles would go BC. I would buy both right now as they are only 10 bucks each.We can only hope that we'll get the Marvel UA games or a Battlefield game BC tomorrow.
    Between Civil War and the new Battlefield reveal I hope we get at least one of those two options fulfilled.
  • Flava1975Flava19751,528,333
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 21:20
    I think any BC games are welcome, give it time & you'll start to see more desirable titles being added. Bigger games like Bios hock will take longer to convert, hence the release of smaller XBLA games.
  • Posted on 05 May 16 at 21:24
    Gleaming Cube said:JamP0und32 said:WestsideSxE said:Saint Harri said:Can any of you guys pop in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection into their Xbox One to see if Phantasy Star II and/or Sonic & Knuckles start to download? I was told the disc allowed you to download the XBLA versions of a few of the games.The Sonic Genesis/MD disc does not have any of the XBLA versions, so it's not going to work - it's a standalone titleThis is true but I have heard the same thing, it's an apparent way to get the delisted Golden axe. Might be worth a try.Ok I just tried it. Popped the Genesis collection disc in and it fired straight into Sonic The Hedgehog strangely. It then said there was an update for this game (around 500mb). I started the download, quit out of Sonic and went into queue and low and behold, standalone Golden Axe is downloading!

So I can confirm that is true. :)
    I also popped in my disc. It is installing the sonic games and Golden Axe. I had already downloaded Phatasy Star from the store as I owned it stand alone.

That is cool, I do not know you could do that.
  • bennjjeebennjjee399,884
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 21:27
    Interested in Phantasy Star II and Dig Dug - classics!
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333708,238
    Posted on 05 May 16 at 21:27
    I have one Dig Dug achievement that is somehow glitched. Hopefully playing it on BC will solve the problem.
    "I fear the day when mankind starts making up quotes about things I never said and posting them on the internet." --Albert Einstein
  • Posted on 05 May 16 at 21:36
    More titles are always great. I'm hopeing Charlie murder becomes backwards compatible
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.