Windows Forum

Forum for general Windows discussion. Come here to talk about everything associated with the OS, from games to apps to updates.

Windows 10 Games that Run on Surface Pro

AuthorMessage
coip
coip
Posted on 06 May 16 at 14:36, Edited on 07 May 16 at 22:00 by coip
My goal with this thread is to create a comprehensive list of Windows 10 Store games that run on a Surface Pro--that is, games that are playable on at least minimum graphical settings. Yes, we're all aware that the Surface Pro line is not a gaming PC, but it is a lot more portable than an Xbox One and is therefore a great device to achievement hunt on the road.

If you have a Surface Pro and any Xbox-enabled Windows 10 Store games, please post your device information (model, processor, RAM) and a brief review of whether the game is playable or not.

List of Games Confirmed to Work on Surface Pro 4 (i7, 8GB)
*Forza Motorsport 6: Apex: unplayable; don't download
* Killer Instinct: works on lowest graphical settings; cleared for online play in fullscreen mode
* Project Spark: works well in fullscreen mode
* Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition: works well in fullscreen mode
* Oxenfree: works okay in windowed mode
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 06 May 16 at 18:32, Edited on 06 May 16 at 18:33 by xPut Name Herex
Why are you limiting this to Surface Pro? Literally any laptop running Windows 8 or 10 that meets the minimum specs can play games/apps from the Windows store listed on the individual game's page. There's nothing unique about the Surface Pro line compared to another Windows PC/tablet except the form factor.
coip
coip
Posted on 07 May 16 at 04:46
xPut Name Herex said:Why are you limiting this to Surface Pro?... There's nothing unique about the Surface Pro line...except the form factor.First of all, yes, there is quite a bit unique about the Surface Pro line compared to other Windows devices, such as the specific graphics card and driver, heat dissipation differences due to form factor, etc.

Second, many people who have a Surface, like me, aren't PC gamers. When we look at the minimum/recommended spec list for PC games, it's gibberish, particularly because the specs listed always list specific graphics cards which the Surface Pro does not have and which we cannot swap out.

Therefore, this thread is meant to be a place for Surface owners to save each other the work or money of buying games in the Store that don't run on Surface. Just because a game runs like X on a similarly spec'ed device does not mean it will run exactly like X on a Surface. There's nothing wrong with sharing knowledge with each other.
The Globalizer
Posted on 09 November 17 at 19:37
Is FM6: Apex unplayable or confirmed to work? I have the game and a similar SP4 (I think I have the 16MB version).

Agree this is useful and working from specs is often unhelpful.
ScottMacFreedom
Posted on 08 February 19 at 17:27, Edited on 08 February 19 at 17:30 by ScottMacFreedom
I bet Dark Souls would work.
Running it on a Surface Pro 2 with DSFix right now...
With that being said... I havent made it to Blight town yet... So I will let you know how things go...

Edit:
Running Windows 8.1 for the record.
Also I can launch Fallout 3... So you could complete that with console commands.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.