Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Forum

Assassin's Creed Multi-Genre Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 09 May 16 at 16:06
Please use this thread to discuss this games classification under the new multi-genre system.

Click here to cast your votes.
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 10 May 16 at 07:02
Action, adventure, stealth
EmprorofPrussia
Posted on 11 May 16 at 17:25
What about sandbox? I know you're limited early on, but after opening the new areas, you're free to go around and collect flags and whatnot. Would that apply here?
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 11 May 16 at 17:40
LOL, I ticked sandbox but did not type it. It is a sandbox, at a push.
EmprorofPrussia
Posted on 11 May 16 at 21:33
Agreed.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 12 May 16 at 11:54
I also said Action, adventure, stealth. I would not agree with sandbox as the only thing you can do outside of the main story is collect collectables - there are no side quests.
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 12 May 16 at 12:37
I8ITackyticsI8I said:I also said Action, adventure, stealth. I would not agree with sandbox as the only thing you can do outside of the main story is collect collectables - there are no side quests.Templar kills are a mix of collectables and quests. IMO, it is only just a sandbox. Just.

Side quests are not what defines a sandbox, according to https://www.trueachievements.com/newgenres.aspx

Sandbox games feature an open world for the player to explore. While there is usually an overarching story, a hallmark of this genre is the ability to put this on hold in favour of exploration and free play, often differing largely from the main game’s style, within the environment.With that definition, AC fits sandbox.
MC0REBE
MC0REBE
Posted on 13 May 16 at 19:22
LuckyConquerer2 said:Action, adventure, stealthCasted the same votes. Sandbox would still fit in too
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.