Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Latest Windows 10 Update Enables Unlocked Frame Rates For UWP

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 11 May 16 at 23:59
Could make Quantum Break's ironically slow FPS a thing of the past

Please click here to read the story: Latest Windows 10 Update Enables Unlocked Frame Rates For UWP
Lvx
Lvx
Posted on 12 May 16 at 01:56
About time. Forza also desperately needs SOME way to control and display fps. Aside from DXtory, there is no way to monitor fps.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 12 May 16 at 13:03
Maybe games on PC's should "just work" without any tweaking at all. Why would I want to re-enter that PC world of unknown crap, when a console "just works?"
kh
Lvx
Lvx
Posted on 12 May 16 at 14:16
halohogg said:Maybe games on PC's should "just work" without any tweaking at all. Why would I want to re-enter that PC world of unknown crap, when a console "just works?"Because graphically speaking any game looks far better on PC than it does on console. I personally prefer keyboard and mouse over a controller for FPS shooters too, but that's a personal preference.
kris37
kris37
Posted on 12 May 16 at 14:33
Forza 6: Ram eater should be it's name
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 12 May 16 at 22:30
some people aren't into the whole pc settings tweaking and just want to play. it can be as daunting as making a character on skyrim, which of course can also be very easy if you just pick whatever. but i agree, there should be some more of an automated setup. maybe auto-detect best settings and ask if you'd like to make changes. if so, you can go thru a "setup wizard" or just straight to the options. maybe games already do this, i haven't played anything more than windows app games on a PC in so long.
HiradC
HiradC
Posted on 13 May 16 at 06:43
Blame Essence said:halohogg said:Maybe games on PC's should "just work" without any tweaking at all. Why would I want to re-enter that PC world of unknown crap, when a console "just works?"Because graphically speaking any game looks far better on PC than it does on console. I personally prefer keyboard and mouse over a controller for FPS shooters too, but that's a personal preference.I don't think he was slating PCs necessarily, I read it more as. Why do you need to manually adjust settings for optimum performance, your PC should just do that itself.
take me seriously at your own risk
Lvx
Lvx
Posted on 13 May 16 at 12:25
HiradC said:Blame Essence said:halohogg said:Maybe games on PC's should "just work" without any tweaking at all. Why would I want to re-enter that PC world of unknown crap, when a console "just works?"Because graphically speaking any game looks far better on PC than it does on console. I personally prefer keyboard and mouse over a controller for FPS shooters too, but that's a personal preference.I don't think he was slating PCs necessarily, I read it more as. Why do you need to manually adjust settings for optimum performance, your PC should just do that itself.PC world of unknown crapThat's what felt like slating to me. PC games do actually optimize themselves most of the time, that has been the case for years now. Usually a preset quality is chosen, allowing a user to change settings as they see fit afterwards.
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 25 May 16 at 20:51
While my PC exceeds the requirements, my graphics card isn't up to par, so can't launch the game. Too bad there isn't a workaround where I could trick it and just let my motherboard handle the load. Ha.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.