Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Lesser Known ID@Xbox Games

• White WyvernWhite Wyvern499,510
    Posted on 15 May 16 at 10:09, Edited on 15 May 16 at 10:24 by White Wyvern
    SlidGore230 said:no submerged? and never alone?Wouldn't say they are lesser known tbh

Also Never Alone wasn't great IMO, was really short and the AI was awful
    I like tortoises
  • Posted on 15 May 16 at 15:30
    Har Miggido said:MotoX Champ88 said:No thanks to all of them. In fact, no thanks to any ID@Xbox title.What the hell is that supposed to mean?It means that they hold a very ignorant and sheltered mindset.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 May 16 at 17:48
    Swinny Costello said:Har Miggido said:MotoX Champ88 said:No thanks to all of them. In fact, no thanks to any ID@Xbox title.What the hell is that supposed to mean?It means that they hold a very ignorant and sheltered mindset.This is what I was thinking
  • Posted on 16 May 16 at 04:05
    I could be missing something but I don't really know how white night is an id@xbox title when it was published by Activision
  • Posted on 16 May 16 at 05:22
    No Roundabout? For shame...
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,271,702
    Posted on 16 May 16 at 07:01
    sorry but oxenfree is the worst gaem I have played in a long time. Boring as shit.... I am sorry I ever started this game... if you can call it a game... highschool work project more like it.
  • T JoobT Joob383,143
    Posted on 16 May 16 at 09:02
    Never alone was alright, bit meh considering it got some perfect score reviews. Not lesser known at all though, so don't get why you'd be mad at it not being on this list.

& #IDARB? Probably the worst game I've ever played on any platform ever, they should be ashamed to call that a game.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 May 16 at 13:23, Edited on 16 May 16 at 13:34 by
    Har Miggido said:Swinny Costello said:Har Miggido said:MotoX Champ88 said:No thanks to all of them. In fact, no thanks to any ID@Xbox title.What the hell is that supposed to mean?It means that they hold a very ignorant and sheltered mindset.This is what I was thinkingIt means they'll be free with gold someday. Some people are just smart enough to save their money. It also means it's fun to watch you kids get salty about your little overpriced indie games. Do you also listen to indie emo bands and cut yourselves? You kids are too sensitive.

Just because someone doesn't choose to waste their money, they're close minded? Exact opposite actually. You're all close minded for expecting everyone else to agree with you. Must be liberals. It's not surprising the people talking crap also have played over 1000 games between them. What would you know about quality if you play every single game under the sun? You obviously only care about quantity. Plus, we all know you wouldn't have played any of these games if they didn't have any achievements. I didn't see any rabid indie fans during the 360 generation, despite the fact that it had a huge library of indie games at $1 each. Back then they were priced what they were worth too.

Fanta Morgana said:SlidGore230 said:no submerged? and never alone?Probably because these games are shit.This guy gets it.
  • Posted on 16 May 16 at 13:46
    I always enjoy reading these top five lists. I understand that other may differ from the writers opinion but I also understand that its his/hers opinion. Keep it up Mark, I also like to see other games mentioned in the comments that other people think should have made the list. It makes almost every top 5 a top 25, which gives more suggestions of good games that help me avoid bad ones.
    AND THAT'S . . . . . THE REST OF THE STORY.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 May 16 at 07:11, Edited on 17 May 16 at 07:11 by
    MotoX Champ88 said:Har Miggido said:Swinny Costello said:Har Miggido said:MotoX Champ88 said:No thanks to all of them. In fact, no thanks to any ID@Xbox title.What the hell is that supposed to mean?It means that they hold a very ignorant and sheltered mindset.This is what I was thinkingIt means they'll be free with gold someday. Some people are just smart enough to save their money. It also means it's fun to watch you kids get salty about your little overpriced indie games. Do you also listen to indie emo bands and cut yourselves? You kids are too sensitive.Ah, you're trolling.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,340,280
    Posted on 17 May 16 at 17:30
    MotoX Champ88 said:It means they'll be free with gold someday.No it doesn't. There are over 170 ID@Xbox titles out, and many more to come. At 2 free Xbox One games a month, even if they were only picking from ID@Xbox titles for GWG, and even if there weren't any other ID@Xbox titles to come out, you'd still be looking at over 6 years for all of them to become free.

MotoX Champ88 said:Some people are just smart enough to save their money.And some people just want to play games they enjoy, your point?

MotoX Champ88 said:It also means it's fun to watch you kids get salty about your little overpriced indie games. Do you also listen to indie emo bands and cut yourselves? You kids are too sensitive.Nice ad hominem roll Moreover, that claim makes absolutely no sense. There is no logical standpoint with which you can associate ID@Xbox Games and emo bands. None.

MotoX Champ88 said:Just because someone doesn't choose to waste their money, they're close minded? Exact opposite actually. You're all close minded for expecting everyone else to agree with you. Must be liberals. More ad hominems from you. Can't say I'm surprised since you completely MISSED THE POINT. You are acting very close-minded in your original statement not because of not wanting to "waste your money", but by saying "no thanks to any ID@Xbox title". You are deliberately ignoring a category of games based on an arbitrary component that has no bearing whatsoever on what that particular might bring forward. You might as well say, "This game came out in November and it sucks, and therefore, from now on, I won't buy any more games that come out in November". It is anecdotal at best, and false cause at worst. Either way, it can't be used to build a compelling argument for or against ID@Xbox titles.

MotoX Champ88 said:It's not surprising the people talking crap also have played over 1000 games between them. What would you know about quality if you play every single game under the sun?Wait, what?! That makes even less sense than what you have said before, and that's saying something. It is completely the opposite! The more someone plays different games, the more someone can actually draw parallels between them, compare similar titles, and have more of an "educated opinion" about the state of one game.

Say for example, you call yourself a steak lover. How well can you elaborate on what type of steak cut and cooking technique will bring forth what flavor (or combination of) if you have only tasted Sirloins and T-Bones? Your opinion is not worthless, but you won't able to take as many factors into account if you haven't tasted more types of steak cuts.

And now I'm hungry.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,250,321
    Posted on 17 May 16 at 18:04
    I agree with everything you're saying, Shinizzle, but given that the guy is completely and totally convinced that he's correct I don't think you're going to say anything to change his mind. Might as well just not spend the time at some point
    FLIPPIN FLAMINGO, MAN!
  • Posted on 17 May 16 at 18:08
    Shinnizle said:A whole bunch of awesome.clap
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,340,280
    Posted on 17 May 16 at 18:12
    ORIGENxGarboMan said:I agree with everything you're saying, Shinizzle, but given that the guy is completely and totally convinced that he's correct I don't think you're going to say anything to change his mind. Might as well just not spend the time at some pointMakes sense. But I'm still hungry laugh I need to stop talking about food.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 18 May 16 at 12:19, Edited on 18 May 16 at 12:23 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    YaIrishMick96 said:Fanta Morgana said:SlidGore230 said:no submerged? and never alone?Probably because these games are shit.laughTotally agree. Hated never alone. Nothing special about it whatsoever and a bit of a let down after the hype.

I would have said Child of Light, D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (are these lesser known?).

MotoX Champ88 said:Just because someone doesn't choose to waste their money, they're close minded? Define 'waste'. Surely if you want a game and buy it and enjoy it, it isn't a waste. If we say they could be games with gold one day - Sunset Overdrive, Rayman Legends and Assassin's Creed Black Flag have all been games with gold. Should we stop buying games at all and just play what's given for free?
  • Posted on 18 May 16 at 12:32
    I8ITackyticsI8I said:I would have said Child of Light, D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (are these lesser known?).Neither of these are part of ID@Xbox.
  • Posted on 18 May 16 at 16:37
    What's up with the indie hate from the guy above?? Some of them are incredible! Ark survival evolved looks pretty awesome and that's out next month.

Most of these games are extremely easy 1000G as well. I own almost every single id@xbox game, just haven't started them until i get my crappy completion ratio up haha. I'd say investing in them for the price of 10 AAA games could someone a good 50,000G easy!

Unlike arcade titles only holding 200-400 gs, they all carry 1000.

Just wait for deals like i do. Quite often, they're marked down to 50-75% off. You can get a vast majority of them for like $450 CAD when on sale (4 AAA) brand new games with the season pass. That's how much I probably spent on them and like i said, i own almost every single one. I started buying id@xbox games probably 3 months ago. I tend not to be interested in games that were originally made for phones though.

On average, mosy most of them can be completed in a day. For the price of a smoothie, yeah, they're worth it.

One of the main reasons i buy them is to try and get my girlfriend into games too. I tried to play borderlands with her, but absolutely detested it. She loves the id@xbox games though, they're easy for anyone to get into (she's almost done jumpjet rex for example). She used to be pissed if i spent a couple hundred on games, now she can sort of appreciate it too for a bonding experience.

Don't count on all these treasures being gwg! At 2 games a month for xbox one, you'll be waiting forever... Especially with more than 2 releasing every month!

Just buy them on sale and you won't be upset if they do become gwg.

Don't compare them to indie music either. I hate that shit too, but I really love a lot of these indie games! Play party hard and beat the game. Let me know if you dont think it's worth the price of a sandwich at subway.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.