Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Batman: Return to Arkham Officially Revealed, Coming This July

• RedDeadKBIIRedDeadKBII388,651
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 15:52
    Spiderman Noire said:Xbox One - play all the games you loved on the 360...for 499.99Ouch.

Still, it's quite cogent given the multitude of titles.
  • Mad HecticMad Hectic469,029
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 16:30
    More of the same pish! Love Batman and the games were good but are no longer dynamic. :(
  • Posted on 19 May 16 at 17:24
    Mad Hectic said:More of the same pish! Love Batman and the games were good but are no longer dynamic. :(I haven't found a game with a better melee combat system than the Arkham games or Shadow of Mordor...but that's not fair because they're made by the same people!
    War...war never changes.
  • MemoMemo321,318
    Posted on 19 May 16 at 17:51
    I loved Arkham Asylum and will gleefully play through it again!
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.
  • Posted on 20 May 16 at 00:16
    Awesome news! Some of my favorite games remastered!
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl179,182
    Posted on 05 June 16 at 03:27
    Alright, so everyone thought I was crazy for thinking the challenges in City were way easier than Asylum. Now that I've all but finished them as Batman I have to say I haven't changed my mind.

Yes, you only get three lives in a campaign, but those only matter in the second and third challenges because you have unlimited lives in the first one. Also, the developers did a really good job of ordering the challenges so that you go from hardest to easiest most of the time. If you know how to do each challenge in the campaign, and you load up all the hardest debuffs for the first challenge so you don't have to worry about them later, it's a lot easier than doing the combat challenges in Asylum.
  • BlackTiboBlackTibo469,038
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 07:52
    I totally agree with you: even if you have to do four times every challenge in City (Batman, Robin, Nightwing & Catwoman), they were really easy compared to combat challenge with time limit in Asylum!

Other big difference was about free flow system: Asylum system is less permissive than City system: it's easier to keep the combo in City. You can easily break your combo in Asylum because every mistake (in direction or in timing) break it in Asylum!
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 10:07, Edited on 06 June 16 at 10:07 by zeldafanjtl
    Only the Shock & Awe challenges had a time limits if I remember, so that wasn't normally a problem for me.

But yes, City is so much more forgiving and I love it for that. You can use multiple quickfire gadgets in a row and spam Y when countering, both of which would've cost you your freeflow in Asylum. And I think the quickfire gadgets are way easier to use, which helps prevent mistakes.

But overall also the target scores are a lot more reasonable. Asylum combat challenges were nearly impossible without a variation bonus. In City, if you build up a high combo you can breeze through most of them with nothing but X button attacks and counters.

Granted, I've only done City's challenges as Batman, so I don't know if the other characters are a lot harder or not.
  • Posted on 06 June 16 at 14:22, Edited on 06 June 16 at 14:25 by JeDiMlnDTrlcks
    It's not the combat challenges that are the problem in City with the 4 characters, it's the damn predator missions with 4 characters and campaign missions....and I would know cause I completed the game twice, on pc and xbox 360. And doing 12 combat challenges, 12 predator challenges, and 12 campaign missions with EACH character is a real drag and gets boring really fast.facepalm

Hopefully those achievements don't return.
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 17:06
    JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:It's not the combat challenges that are the problem in City with the 4 characters, it's the damn predator missions with 4 characters and campaign missions....and I would know cause I completed the game twice, on pc and xbox 360. And doing 12 combat challenges, 12 predator challenges, and 12 campaign missions with EACH character is a real drag and gets boring really fast.facepalm

Hopefully those achievements don't return.
    My point was that the combat challenges, predator challenges, and campaigns in City are all easier than the combat challenges in Asylum.
  • Posted on 07 June 16 at 21:43
    Have you played Asylum recently? Specificaly after City? I completed it on this tag 2 years ago and it was piss easy, did all 8 in 50 mins. I certainly didn't do them that easy the first time.
    Posted on 07 June 16 at 22:24
    The Allslayer said:Have you played Asylum recently? Specificaly after City? I completed it on this tag 2 years ago and it was piss easy, did all 8 in 50 mins. I certainly didn't do them that easy the first time.The last time I touched Asylum was a few months ago, right before I started City, so fair enough, I can't argue with you there. Having played the hell out of Asylum certainly makes City easier, but I swear the timing was more strict in Asylum.
  • Posted on 08 June 16 at 01:54, Edited on 08 June 16 at 01:54 by JeDiMlnDTrlcks
    Combat challenges are easier in City, predator challenges are easier in Asylum. But, my argument was that Asylum has you doing only 4 of each challenge plus their extreme counterparts, while in City you need to do 12 combat, 12 predator, 12 campaigns with Batman, and the same plus some extra with the other 3 heroes. Ridiculous....angry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.