Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA Access Will Be Free During E3 2016

• EurydaceEurydace623,672
    Posted on 20 May 16 at 05:17
    Soundgoodizer said:So how does this work? If I sign up during the free period I can download all of those games, but I can only play them during that period? Will I be cut off once that ends unless I buy a subscription?Yes.
  • SkormsGhostSkormsGhost740,760
    Posted on 20 May 16 at 17:12
    With EA Access do you get the DLC for free, for a discounted price, or still have to pay full amount?
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,321,770
    Posted on 20 May 16 at 17:29
    SkormsGhost said:With EA Access do you get the DLC for free, for a discounted price, or still have to pay full amount?You get it at a 10% discount if you have EA Access (note, this free period won't include the free period). However, they do occasionally do permanent giveaways (the first two Battlefield 4 DLCs were given away permanently to EA Access members during certain promotions), and currently Battlefield 4's and Battlefield Hardline's Premium subscriptions are included in the Vault.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion874,913
    Posted on 20 May 16 at 20:28
    Eurydace said:Racxie said:Eurydace said:Value is 100% subjective.It's not 100% subjective. Look up intrinsic theory of value for example. Also if a game in a shop is £40 you can't say to the sales clerk "I don't value this game that high. I'll give you £20 for it" or "I think this game is worth more so I'll give you £50 for it" (a branded store isn't likely to let you do that after all). So in essence its objective value is its set price. If you then want to value it at £20 when you sell it on then its objective value has changed because you've set it. It becomes more subjective in a scenario such as an auction because you have no control over what others value it at that point (unless of course you set a "minimum" it has to go for).Value is subjective. There are plenty of games on sale for $50 that I think are worth $10. That is its value to me regardless of what the store thinks. No, they won't sell it to me for $10, but that's because they believe the value is higher.

Under your theory it's impossible to reconcile stores putting a game on sale when another store does not. Those are two set values, but they are different. If it were objective, it could not be different.

Value is subjective. You can set an objective value for an object, but that does not mean an individual will agree with that value. It's just that sometimes what an individual believes the value is doesn't matter (it matters at a macro level and is based on supply and demand).
    You are completely and unequivocally wrong, and clearly don't understand the concept. Keep trying though.
  • Gizmo2kGizmo2k1,256,436
    Posted on 20 May 16 at 20:48
    Value is as subjective as an opinion is.
    I perform all my own stunts.
  • Posted on 21 May 16 at 04:01
    FYI for anyone wanting to tackle EA Sports UFC achievements, the online is almost non-existent. The Community Manager over on the official forums insists that everyone open and forward their ports, but when they respond the CM is nowhere to be found.

The online sucks. Wasn't like this late 2015.
    I do what I does, I does what I do!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 May 16 at 08:42
    are there any easy completions that one can complete quickly?
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 May 16 at 18:36, Edited on 21 May 16 at 18:39 by
    UltraAmoeba said:How does anyone not have EA Access already?Agreed. But look how many salty butthurt people responded. Especially the ones bashing EA while they have 500K Gamerscore and literally play every piece of garbage that comes out. There's no telling how many Activision games they've all bought, which is far worse than supporting EA. Oh the irony.

XPhiles in IA said:are there any easy completions that one can complete quickly?Peggle 2, but you'll need to buy the DLC if you want to complete it.

Gizmo2k said:Value is as subjective as an opinion is.If someone finds no value in EA Access, they probably don't find value in anything.
  • gothmogesgothmoges650,174
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 08:31
    Boots Orion said:Eurydace said:Racxie said:Eurydace said:Value is 100% subjective.It's not 100% subjective. Look up intrinsic theory of value for example. Also if a game in a shop is £40 you can't say to the sales clerk "I don't value this game that high. I'll give you £20 for it" or "I think this game is worth more so I'll give you £50 for it" (a branded store isn't likely to let you do that after all). So in essence its objective value is its set price. If you then want to value it at £20 when you sell it on then its objective value has changed because you've set it. It becomes more subjective in a scenario such as an auction because you have no control over what others value it at that point (unless of course you set a "minimum" it has to go for).Value is subjective. There are plenty of games on sale for $50 that I think are worth $10. That is its value to me regardless of what the store thinks. No, they won't sell it to me for $10, but that's because they believe the value is higher.

Under your theory it's impossible to reconcile stores putting a game on sale when another store does not. Those are two set values, but they are different. If it were objective, it could not be different.

Value is subjective. You can set an objective value for an object, but that does not mean an individual will agree with that value. It's just that sometimes what an individual believes the value is doesn't matter (it matters at a macro level and is based on supply and demand).
    You are completely and unequivocally wrong, and clearly don't understand the concept. Keep trying though.
    The intrinsic value is not the only theory of value in economics, and in fact is not even the most spread.

Having said that, I think you guys are approaching the "value" term from different definitions, and hence the confusion.

As the other user says, value can be subjective, because if for me something doesn't have value enough to justify spending X amount of money, then I simply don't buy it. As simple as that, and you cannot influence the value I give to a product. Now one can say that "the value" is determined by the price tag, and therefore the product has a value, which is derived from the price, and that would be correct as well under that point of view.

This difference is clearer to see in fleamarkets, bazaars and the like, where you can negotiate what you pay for a product.
  • Posted on 22 May 16 at 08:54
    Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If I'm willing to pay a certain price, obviously it's worth it... if you're not, obviously it's not.
  • test23mantest23man1,134,606
    Posted on 13 June 16 at 18:25
    Soundgoodizer said:So how does this work? If I sign up during the free period I can download all of those games, but I can only play them during that period? Will I be cut off once that ends unless I buy a subscription?I tried just now with secondary account, Only the Vault games seem to be Installable, but none of the Game Trial games.

can anyone try it out if Trial games work or not ??
    Would be nice to try out all Trial games without involving main tag to popping any achievos.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.