Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

December's Permanent Discounts

• MKLKTMKLKT227,634
    Posted on 14 December 11 at 20:52
    PunkyLiar said:
    alklein92201 said:
    I hope the Battlestations: Pacific DLC is also price dropped in the Games for Windows version.
    Serious question as I don't use GFWL games. Does Games for Windows LIVE even have a Recently Reduced section?
    There are deals on GFWL games through the marketplace but I'm not sure if reductions are ever advertised. (Deal of the Week is though.) Check Steam as well because a few of the games are GFWL enabled and you can get sweet deals there.
  • MtldMtld2,143,226
    Posted on 14 December 11 at 20:56
    JMJimmy said:
    Zombie Wranglers and Boogie Bunnies for me!
    Same here!

I have everything elsesmile
  • Posted on 14 December 11 at 21:23
    What a terrible selection of Arcade games...
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,421,691
    Posted on 14 December 11 at 21:26
    MKLKT said:
    PunkyLiar said:
    alklein92201 said:
    I hope the Battlestations: Pacific DLC is also price dropped in the Games for Windows version.
    Serious question as I don't use GFWL games. Does Games for Windows LIVE even have a Recently Reduced section?
    There are deals on GFWL games through the marketplace but I'm not sure if reductions are ever advertised. (Deal of the Week is though.) Check Steam as well because a few of the games are GFWL enabled and you can get sweet deals there.
    No, GFWL doesn't really a section for... well... anything. You just have to look around, it isn't really advertised at all. I don't generally expect GFWL reductions to be posted here for exactly that reason. It would require Newshounds to look at every single price for GFWL, and noone in their right minds would do that.

MKLKT - Yes, Steam does usually have good prices (hell, usually great prices) on GFWL games. Unfortunately, as far as I know, Section 8: Prejudice and Fable III are the only GFWL games that sell their DLC on Steam. Otherwise you need to go through Xbox.com, the GFWL client (doesn't work for all Steam GFWL games), and most I believe can purchased through the game.
  • CASS190684CASS190684248,851
    Posted on 14 December 11 at 21:31
    *Sigh* More disappointment :(
    It's been a constructive day if I've unlocked at least one achievement.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice323,680
    Posted on 14 December 11 at 21:46
    Tried the demo for Arkadian Warriors the other dayand thought itseemed decent enough, and with one exception the achievements don't look too bad so I'll be picking that up next time I get some points
    D
  • UzzbuzUzzbuz68,727
    Posted on 14 December 11 at 23:44
    Hmm, may get the Arkandian one now, I was going to get it last DotW (A looong time ago) but never did. Don't bother getting Texas Hold em seperately. Because you can get that and 5 other games on one disc for less than $5. Don't get me wrong, Texas Hold em is awesome wink
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 00:10
    Steam says pfff lol, what a joke.
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM90,645
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 00:17
    I've always wanted Zombie Wranglers. I may finally get it. smile
    "War does not determine who is right, only who is left." -Bertrand Russell
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 00:47
    Hey this month works for me. I'll be grabbing up Arkadian and Interpol, maybe AH2. Jeeze I think I've spent well over $50 worth of arcade games this holiday season.

I do agree though we should have seen some more recently released games as these are pretty old ones
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper128,245
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 01:40
    Crimson Drifter said:
    Hey this month works for me. I'll be grabbing up Arkadian and Interpol, maybe AH2. Jeeze I think I've spent well over $50 worth of arcade games this holiday season.

I do agree though we should have seen some more recently released games as these are pretty old ones
    Newer ones will probably be in the "end of the year countdown" sale between Christmas and New Year's Day. Those are usually daily deals, though, so you'll have to check back each day. compute
    Mame Tobikomi! Bean Dive COMPREET-O! Completion from 37.45 to 26.65!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 December 11 at 02:00
    Arkadian's Achievements are not very difficult, but they do add a be of repetition near the end.

Interpol sounds like it might be an okay distraction one day. The other ones either aren't to my taste, I own (Curse you Texas Hold'em "Luck of the Draw"), or they have really bad reviews.
  • CASS190684CASS190684248,851
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 02:18
    On second look, maybe Interpol sounds ok for a rainy afternoon? Will have to look into it...
    Boogie Bunnies sounded kinda fun too until I read the review and saw the TA ratio :O
    Texas Hold'em I would have gotten but not liking the look of the achievements on that either :(
    It's been a constructive day if I've unlocked at least one achievement.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 December 11 at 03:39
    These deals are garbage compared to what's going (and been) on at Playstation Network for the month of December.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • A KING 84A KING 84388,403
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 03:52
    JMJimmy said:
    Zombie Wranglers and Boogie Bunnies for me!
    im with you on those
    King
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 04:02
    I might get interpol but nothing I'd pick up otherwise
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 04:25
    Highly recommend Homefront. Its a rare original shooter and some of the best and, at the time, innovative multiplayer. Also enjoyed Interpol though doubt it is much of a success.
    Thin Blue Line
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 December 11 at 07:04
    You guys should stay away from Boogie Bunnies. It's really not worth the headache to try to go for that TA ratio. You play much better games with your time.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 08:33
    Mystic Typh00n said:
    Interpol for 400 is what I'd get
    yer - this is the only one i have just got
    GT: Mike United 007
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen739,749
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 13:00
    Just a heads up, Zombie Wranglers is still showing as 800 m$p on xbox.com. Is it working through the xbox advert on the dashboard?
    Confucius say: Man who stand on toilet is high on pot!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.