Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

December's Permanent Discounts

• Solario32Solario32349,056
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 13:16
    May finally give Fable 3 a shot.
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice341,742
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 13:33
    Solario32 said:
    I'm certain that with even minimal effort you can find it cheaper on disc.
    D
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen755,842
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 13:50
    DakotaThrice said:
    Solario32 said:
    I'm certain that with even minimal effort you can find it cheaper on disc.
    http://amzn.com/B002I0JGDM

Here it is at amazon new for $17.99

(not sure what the GoD deal is, but xbox.com still shows it as $29.99 download)
    Confucius say: Man who stand on toilet is high on pot!
  • MsrossMsross1,018,925
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 13:56
    alklein92201 said:
    MKLKT said:
    PunkyLiar said:
    alklein92201 said:
    I hope the Battlestations: Pacific DLC is also price dropped in the Games for Windows version.
    Serious question as I don't use GFWL games. Does Games for Windows LIVE even have a Recently Reduced section?
    There are deals on GFWL games through the marketplace but I'm not sure if reductions are ever advertised. (Deal of the Week is though.) Check Steam as well because a few of the games are GFWL enabled and you can get sweet deals there.
    No, GFWL doesn't really a section for... well... anything. You just have to look around, it isn't really advertised at all. I don't generally expect GFWL reductions to be posted here for exactly that reason. It would require Newshounds to look at every single price for GFWL, and noone in their right minds would do that.

MKLKT - Yes, Steam does usually have good prices (hell, usually great prices) on GFWL games. Unfortunately, as far as I know, Section 8: Prejudice and Fable III are the only GFWL games that sell their DLC on Steam. Otherwise you need to go through Xbox.com, the GFWL client (doesn't work for all Steam GFWL games), and most I believe can purchased through the game.
    Does steam have a section there that shows GFWL only based games? or is it a case of having to check elsewhere and then head onto to steam to look for the prices?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,501,642
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 14:26
    Msross said:
    alklein92201 said:
    MKLKT said:
    PunkyLiar said:
    alklein92201 said:
    I hope the Battlestations: Pacific DLC is also price dropped in the Games for Windows version.
    Serious question as I don't use GFWL games. Does Games for Windows LIVE even have a Recently Reduced section?
    There are deals on GFWL games through the marketplace but I'm not sure if reductions are ever advertised. (Deal of the Week is though.) Check Steam as well because a few of the games are GFWL enabled and you can get sweet deals there.
    No, GFWL doesn't really a section for... well... anything. You just have to look around, it isn't really advertised at all. I don't generally expect GFWL reductions to be posted here for exactly that reason. It would require Newshounds to look at every single price for GFWL, and noone in their right minds would do that.

MKLKT - Yes, Steam does usually have good prices (hell, usually great prices) on GFWL games. Unfortunately, as far as I know, Section 8: Prejudice and Fable III are the only GFWL games that sell their DLC on Steam. Otherwise you need to go through Xbox.com, the GFWL client (doesn't work for all Steam GFWL games), and most I believe can purchased through the game.
    Does steam have a section there that shows GFWL only based games? or is it a case of having to check elsewhere and then head onto to steam to look for the prices?
    Sadly there is no way to sort GFWL games on Steam.

I use this link for an alphabetical list of GFWL games, and usually games pop out that I've seen on Steam. Others I think look interesting, and look around on Steam for them.
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/games/pc/
    Keep in mind the list doesn't have the cross-platform games (games that have 1 list combined for 360 and PC versions). So games like Lost Planet: Colonies Edition, Shadowrun, and Universe at War will not be on that list.
  • MsrossMsross1,018,925
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 15:01, Edited on 15 December 11 at 17:06 by Msross
    cheers.

Already picked up shadow run when it was cheap last year.. Id be tempted on Batman, but I've no idea how that would run here (not really a PC gamer anymore), & theres nay demos to see if it would run, or stutter along like fallout 3 used to. laugh

Ill have to have a check & comapre specs & benchmarks for them.
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 16:51
    grr zombie wranglers still doesnt show as 400 for me...
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 18:43
    Crimson Drifter said:
    grr zombie wranglers still doesnt show as 400 for me...
    same D:
    totally agree with you [smile]
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,086,419
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 23:09
    BOOGIE BUNNIES! clap

But it's so hard... =(
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy603,824
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 01:05, Edited on 16 December 11 at 01:05 by JMJimmy
    alklein92201 said:

I use this link for an alphabetical list of GFWL games, and usually games pop out that I've seen on Steam. Others I think look interesting, and look around on Steam for them.
    Keep in mind the list doesn't have the cross-platform games (games that have 1 list combined for 360 and PC versions). So games like Lost Planet: Colonies Edition, Shadowrun, and Universe at War will not be on that list.
    why link to x360a? https://www.trueachievements.com/searchresults.aspx?search=%...

There are only 7 titles that don't appear on the TA search which are combined achievement lists... those can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_for_Windows_%E2%8...
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 16 December 11 at 01:07
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    BOOGIE BUNNIES! clap

But it's so hard... =(
    that's what she said.....laugh

on a serious note, even at 400 msp, is zombie wranglers worth getting?
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy603,824
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 01:20
    If it was 400msp... still showing as 800 :(
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,501,642
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 01:50
    JMJimmy said:
    alklein92201 said:

why link to x360a? https://www.trueachievements.com/searchresults.aspx?search=%...

There are only 7 titles that don't appear on the TA search which are combined achievement lists... those can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_for_Windows_%E2%8...
    Honestly I completely forgot there was a way to filter all existing games by platform.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy603,824
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 02:04
    alklein92201 said:
    Honestly I completely forgot there was a way to filter all existing games by platform.
    Right, filtering works too! lol - I've just always searched (PC) (WP) (JP) etc
  • A KING 84A KING 84393,958
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 02:30
    JMJimmy said:
    alklein92201 said:
    same here... and wranglers better hurry up and fix itself! wonder how many people bought it at 800 cuz they dont pay attention!!!!!!!????
    plKing
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 12:39
    A King 84 said:
    JMJimmy said:
    alklein92201 said:
    same here... and wranglers better hurry up and fix itself! wonder how many people bought it at 800 cuz they dont pay attention!!!!!!!????
    laugh hopefully not many, since the "buy line" reads "Buy Now 800"
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,501,642
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 14:55
    Das Kuhnen said:
    A King 84 said:
    JMJimmy said:
    alklein92201 said:
    You would think, but a huge number of people bought the second Gears 3 DLC even after owning the Season Pass, which the DLC says "Don't buy if you have the Season Pass". So sadly... I'm sure a lot of people bought it yesterday at 800.
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 15:35
    alklein92201 said:
    Das Kuhnen said:
    A King 84 said:
    JMJimmy said:
    alklein92201 said:
    You would think, but a huge number of people bought the second Gears 3 DLC even after owning the Season Pass, which the DLC says "Don't buy if you have the Season Pass". So sadly... I'm sure a lot of people bought it yesterday at 800.
    laugh can't fix stupid..
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,501,642
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 15:53
    Das Kuhnen said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Das Kuhnen said:
    A King 84 said:
    JMJimmy said:
    alklein92201 said:
    laugh can't fix stupid..
    Sure you can. KILL THEM
  • dancrozierdancrozier597,376
    Posted on 16 December 11 at 17:50
    YA BILLY said:
    I tried to buy boogie bunnnies, but it still wants 800...this game has ta score of 700+ and I that interests me enough to buy it to see what's up...once it becomes 400 of course.
    iT's a tough old game, trust me! smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.