Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Dark Souls Bosses

• Posted on 22 May 16 at 08:09Permalink
    What's the best that Lordran, Drangleic and Lothric have to offer?

Please click here to read the story: TA Top Five: Dark Souls Bosses
  • Posted on 22 May 16 at 08:36Permalink
    Good list. I'm not far enough through 3 yet so can't comment on them all but I reckon the one that killed me the quickest was the Capra Demon in the first game. It was probably five or six attempts before I could even get a hit back.
  • HmizzzHmizzz366,757
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 08:41Permalink
    Am I the only one that never played any Dark Souls game laugh
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/zRaijin.png
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 May 16 at 08:51Permalink
    zRaijin said:Am I the only one that never played any Dark Souls game laughSo why post?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 May 16 at 08:56, Edited on 22 May 16 at 08:56 by Permalink
    zRaijin said:Am I the only one that never played any Dark Souls game laughMe neither making this top 5 redundant. (Ignore the ass) ^
  • IHeartParamoreIHeartParamore1,050,882
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:00Permalink
    Well I've played the first one to death and absolutely love it. Haven't got round to the 2nd one yet because I just have a ridiculous amount of games that need playing. But Ornstein and enough were definitely my favourites from the first one.
  • ElyohElyoh795,182
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:01Permalink
    1. Knight Artorias - Dark Souls

I'm going to have to go look up a video, because I honestly don't remember this guy...redface
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:08Permalink
    Elyoh said:1. Knight Artorias - Dark Souls

I'm going to have to go look up a video, because I honestly don't remember this guy...redface
    He's a dlc boss so if you did not buy the dlc then you did not fight manus or artorias
  • ElyohElyoh795,182
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:10Permalink
    Living Legends said:Elyoh said:1. Knight Artorias - Dark Souls

He's a dlc boss so if you did not buy the dlc then you did not fight manus or artorias
    And suddenly the world makes sense laugh Never did the DLC.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Malachai50Malachai50343,269
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:16, Edited on 22 May 16 at 09:17 by Malachai50Permalink
    No offense meant but an edit for the manus part: "...a certain feline companion..." The friend you bring in is most definitely a canine without saying too much. Anyway, really like the list. Loved each boss. As far as difficulty I thought Lud and Zallen from the DS2 dlcs killed me more than the fume knight. Even making it to them is insane so you almost always solo them.
    Malachai50-always need co-op partners for various games
  • SlavenBOSSSlavenBOSS806,055
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:19Permalink
    That feeling when you beat Ornstein & Smough for the first time
  • Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:20, Edited on 22 May 16 at 09:22 by A Boss MonsterPermalink
    Malachai50 said:No offense meant but an edit for the manus part: "...a certain feline companion..." The friend you bring in is most definitely a canine without saying too much. Anyway, really like the list. Loved each boss. As far as difficulty I thought Lud and Zallen from the DS2 dlcs killed me more than the fume knight. Even making it to them is insane so you almost always solo them.The feline in question is Alvina, who is a cat, that leads you to Sif

Edit: Nope, ignore me, didn't read it properly.
  • RedanianRedanian568,143
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:24Permalink
    Where is my boi Ceaseless Discharge?! This list just isn't complete without him.
  • DonutDonut711,260
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:24Permalink
    Living Legends said:Elyoh said:1. Knight Artorias - Dark Souls

Is this stuff in the prepare to die edition?
  • Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:32Permalink
    I loved the Moonlight butterfly, remember my first encounter with that guy, my undead was a melee fighter, didn't see the point in 'wasting' souls on arrows until then, it shaped every Dark Souls run I ever did from there on out, always carry a bow :P
  • Posted on 22 May 16 at 09:49Permalink
    Great list.

I'd go...

1. Smough & Ornstein
    2. Gwyn
    3. Looking Glass Knight
    4. Sif
    5. Sir Alonne
  • MrPiercefaceMrPierceface525,981
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 10:15Permalink
    Malachai50 said:No offense meant but an edit for the manus part: "...a certain feline companion..." The friend you bring in is most definitely a canine without saying too much. Anyway, really like the list. Loved each boss. As far as difficulty I thought Lud and Zallen from the DS2 dlcs killed me more than the fume knight. Even making it to them is insane so you almost always solo them.haha I was about to say the same thing about the "feline" part haha

Good list though.
  • Posted on 22 May 16 at 10:18Permalink
    I think Nameless King should be higher. He requires you to know his move set perfectly and know when and where to dodge. I agree with the rest, didn't play the DLC for 1 so I can't say about them.
  • Posted on 22 May 16 at 10:58, Edited on 22 May 16 at 11:00 by Marc PilkingtonPermalink
    A Boss Monster said:Malachai50 said:No offense meant but an edit for the manus part: "...a certain feline companion..." The friend you bring in is most definitely a canine without saying too much. Anyway, really like the list. Loved each boss. As far as difficulty I thought Lud and Zallen from the DS2 dlcs killed me more than the fume knight. Even making it to them is insane so you almost always solo them.The feline in question is Alvina, who is a cat, that leads you to Sif

Edit: Nope, ignore me, didn't read it properly.
    facepalm Apologies guys. Gonna change that immediately. Completely got my words mixed up. Thanks for noticing!
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite website on the Citadel.
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL361,728
    Posted on 22 May 16 at 11:27Permalink
    donut77 said:Living Legends said:Elyoh said:1. Knight Artorias - Dark Souls

Is this stuff in the prepare to die edition?
    Yeah it should contain the DLC as well
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.