The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

List Of Free Content (DISCUSSION)

AuthorMessage
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 23 May 16 at 14:31, Edited on 23 May 16 at 14:32 by Beanpotter
Please use this thread to discuss anything from the main thread: - List Of Free Content (Games, Apparel, Themes)

Thanks.
Mame Tobikomi!
CalculatdRisque
Posted on 23 May 16 at 15:41
RE changing region, I just use the xbox.com page, at the very bottom left it has your language, just change that to the country you want to purchase from. Seems the simplest way. I usually have it changed to Russian by default as purchasing credit for that region is simple, and games are around half UK prices.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 23 May 16 at 16:25
CalculatdRisque said:RE changing region, I just use the xbox.com page, at the very bottom left it has your language, just change that to the country you want to purchase from. Seems the simplest way. I usually have it changed to Russian by default as purchasing credit for that region is simple, and games are around half UK prices.Some games do not have DLC in some regions. That's the only downside, as I think RUS games is hit the hardest in this situation.

-Question for all in this thread. I know it's unlikely but is there a workaround for avatar stuff? Is it only an account region change to do this? What's the downside if I change from DK to UK for 3 months?
gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 23 May 16 at 16:28
If you change to the UK now, the downside is you have to get listen to the EU in or out debate everywhere.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 23 May 16 at 16:47
LuckyConquerer2 said:If you change to the UK now, the downside is you have to get listen to the EU in or out debate everywhere.I already do. English family members on facebook. But.. why would changing to UK account do that?
gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 23 May 16 at 17:30
It was a joke regarding relocation.
CalculatdRisque
Posted on 23 May 16 at 19:25
I'm just happy both sides have a crystal ball and can see the future so well.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 23 May 16 at 22:17, Edited on 23 May 16 at 22:20 by HolyHalfDead
Beanpotter said:Please use this thread to discuss anything from the main thread: - List Of Free Content (Games, Apparel, Themes)You give them a thread to discuss Free Content, and they immediately go off topic. At least people probably won't subscribe to this thread.

CalculatdRisque said:RE changing region, I just use the xbox.com page, at the very bottom left it has your language, just change that to the country you want to purchase from. Seems the simplest way. I usually have it changed to Russian by default as purchasing credit for that region is simple, and games are around half UK prices.This only works for Xbox One content, because it is region free. For Xbox 360 content you must change the region of your account, not the region of the web site.

This also does not mean you can buy Xbox 360 avatar items through the Xbox One, or Xbox 360 Games with Gold just by changing the region on your Xbox One either, you still have to change the region of your account.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Handydarkness
Handydarkness
Posted on 23 May 16 at 22:49
How do you change your region on the one btw?
Beanpotter
Beanpotter
Posted on 23 May 16 at 23:10
HolyHa1fDead said:You give them a thread to discuss Free Content, and they immediately go off topic. At least people probably won't subscribe to this thread.
Anything goes that arises from the other thread so it's all been vaguely on topic and it keeps the other clean for those subscribing, yes.
Mame Tobikomi!
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 23 May 16 at 23:44
Handydarkness said:How do you change your region on the one btw?Settings -> System -> Language & Location
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Handydarkness
Handydarkness
Posted on 24 May 16 at 00:22
Yep. Did it one minute after posting. Bad news is that everything is region locked now. Credit card wasn't recognized.
zzUrbanSpaceman
Posted on 24 May 16 at 02:11
You need a payment method that is valid for the region you have changed to, such as credit (via a code) in the local currency.
Handydarkness
Handydarkness
Posted on 24 May 16 at 02:17
Currency code still work?
zzUrbanSpaceman
Posted on 24 May 16 at 03:21
Um, yes? Why wouldn't they? They sell them, after all.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 24 May 16 at 06:51
CalculatdRisque said:I'm just happy both sides have a crystal ball and can see the future so well.Maybe we should create an EU debate thread in the debating chamber. wink
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 24 May 16 at 16:04
Handydarkness said:Yep. Did it one minute after posting. Bad news is that everything is region locked now. Credit card wasn't recognized.I know when I change my account region to JP & want to use a credit card, it has to be a credit card with a JP blling address.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 25 May 16 at 01:37
Allgorhythm said:Handydarkness said:Yep. Did it one minute after posting. Bad news is that everything is region locked now. Credit card wasn't recognized.I know when I change my account region to JP & want to use a credit card, it has to be a credit card with a JP blling address.I use my own local card (New Zealand) for US purchases, I just have aUS Billing address set up for it.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
CalculatdRisque
Posted on 25 May 16 at 09:33
Same I just use my UK credit card and made a Russian address up when it asked.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 June 16 at 06:24, Edited on 01 June 16 at 06:25 by HolyHalfDead
QuickMythril said:HolyHa1fDead said:* A free XBL Gold trial allows you to get Gold Exclusive deals on the Xbox One, including Games with Gold, but not on the Xbox 360.just to mention, i believe this is because on the xbox one, you lose access to GWG if you don't have an active gold subscription (like the PS Plus games). however on 360 the license is permanent.That makes some sense, but you also still qualify for DwG and permanent Free with Gold content (eg Battlefield add-ons) on the Xbox One, but not on the Xbox 360. I just think the Xbox One store checks if you have Gold, whereas the Xbox 360 store checks if you have an active Gold Subscription (ie not just a free trial).

Microsoft are much more liberal with the Xbox One (eg region free, sharing Gold membership, etc) than they were with the Xbox 360.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.