The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

List Of Free Content (DISCUSSION)

AuthorMessage
SweetArkhane
SweetArkhane
Posted on 12 March 19 at 11:30
mrbellek said:
Weird, it shows as unavailable here in Europe. I see it's available if I change my region to US, but clicking 'get' just launches the store.
Change region to en-us in the url, add the game to your cart, then go to checkout, buy the game *flies away*
Kennyannydenny
Posted on 12 March 19 at 11:57, Edited on 12 March 19 at 12:34 by Kennyannydenny
SweetArkhane said:
mrbellek said:
Weird, it shows as unavailable here in Europe. I see it's available if I change my region to US, but clicking 'get' just launches the store.
Change region to en-us in the url, add the game to your cart, then go to checkout, buy the game *flies away*

EDIT
Ok maybe i'm going crazy and wasn't it doing correctly, that seems to also work. The solution I described works too so i'll leave it here in case people rather use that one.

Doesn't work. You'll have to change your region in the PC setting to the US, as when clicking the button it opens the Microsoft Store App instead of buying the regular way, like mrbellek said. The Windows Store App uses your PC region setting so that will show it's not available in the EU.

I normally also just change the region in the url, but in this case, because it opens the Microsoft Store app, you'll have to change the settings in your PC.

So:
Go to settings > Time and Language > Country/Region and change the top drop down menu to the US. Press get in the marketplace, it opens the US Microsoft Store App, and you'll be able to download it. Set your region back to what you want it to after it started downloading and you're set.
mrbellek
mrbellek
Posted on 12 March 19 at 12:41
Thanks, will try that when I get home from work today.
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 12 March 19 at 12:51
You can also just go to en-us, add it to the cart, then checkout the cart (with one item)
Kennyannydenny
Posted on 12 March 19 at 14:08, Edited on 12 March 19 at 17:58 by Kennyannydenny
Yeah that's what SweetArkhane already said before my post...
mrbellek
mrbellek
Posted on 12 March 19 at 16:59
SweetArkhane said:
Cheers, this worked for me.
RainbowWonka32
Posted on 13 March 19 at 00:04
Call Of Duty ghosts season pass is currently free on the russian store

https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/p/call-of-duty-ghosts-season...

Disclaimer as always with these sort of things, this is a do at your own risk type of thing. i'm not held responsible if any suspensions or bans happen
TangerineGamer
Posted on 13 March 19 at 05:53
RainbowWonka32 said:

Disclaimer as always with these sort of things, this is a do at your own risk type of thing. i'm not held responsible if any suspensions or bans happen
I already own it, but it's showing as having a discount of $49.99 on the en-us page and a discount of £34.99 on the en-gb page so it looks like it's free on those stores too... be good if someone could confirm though
Yours sincerely, TG
HyruleBalverine
Posted on 13 March 19 at 07:23
TangerineGamer said:
RainbowWonka32 said:

I already own it, but it's showing as having a discount of $49.99 on the en-us page and a discount of £34.99 on the en-gb page so it looks like it's free on those stores too... be good if someone could confirm though
I'm currently seeing it priced at $49.99 on the US page.
mrbellek
mrbellek
Posted on 13 March 19 at 07:59
It's showing as $0 on the Russion locale but I still need to add a payment method.
planchetflaw
planchetflaw
Posted on 14 March 19 at 22:22, Edited on 14 March 19 at 22:24 by planchetflaw
TangerineGamer said:
I don't own the content. Shows up full price in those two regions for me, but free in Russia if you had a Russian payment system. I'll pass on this one. Too risky.

Does anyone know why the Freebie thread went from 80 pages of posts to 74 just this week?
MakeMeACoffee
MakeMeACoffee
Posted on 15 March 19 at 10:57
MakeMeACoffee said:I don't know if/how many achievements will be unlockable in this version. If it's like DOA5 they should all be doable, but the MS store page description says "story mode" is also behind a paywall this time. Not sure if that's relevant to any achievements.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 15 March 19 at 17:01
A quick look at them makes it look like they are all obtainable with the free version, but I can't say for sure.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 15 March 19 at 17:34
Shinnizle said:
A quick look at them makes it look like they are all obtainable with the free version, but I can't say for sure.
Looks like it's all available to me. There's an achievement tied to getting an outfit, but thre's an event going on until the 28th where you can get scraps by playing anything except unranked PvP.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.