Game Discussion: Dead Space Forum

Dead Space Multi-Genre Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 23 May 16 at 14:58
Please use this thread to discuss this games classification under the new multi-genre system.

Click here to cast your votes.
Momiji
Momiji
Posted on 28 May 16 at 05:45
Surhor, TPS, action?
matdan
matdan
Posted on 28 May 16 at 08:16
I would only call Dead Space 3 a shooter the others are survival horror/action.
Narcissist Code
Narcissist Code
Posted on 28 May 16 at 08:20
I would say Survival Horror with TPS. I agree that DS3 is far more of a shooter, though.
Walkthrough Manager and Platformer LEGEND
Information Posted on 04 April 17 at 18:00
IXI FalcoN has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
Action-Adventure is redundant in this case. The TPS genre covers the action gameplay in this title.

Same goes for the sequels.
Zonrith1
Zonrith1
Posted on 02 May 17 at 15:28
I agree TPS covers the Action element, but what about the Adventure aspects? The Survival Horror tag doesn't cover any story elements, nor does TPS. So, the question becomes does puzzle-solving, NPC interaction, and other adventure-type elements rise to a level of needing a tag.

Thoughts on this?
Eclectic Gamers Podcast: http://eclecticgamers.com

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 02 May 17 at 16:47
The entire Dead Space series should be Action / TPS not survival horror!
IXI FalcoN
IXI FalcoN
Posted on 02 May 17 at 17:30
I definitely don't think it warrants the Adventure tag. That would be dialing back to the early days of multi-genre where any game with a plot was voted as Adventure.

It's been a while since I played these games, but I remember the puzzle solving to be very basic, amounting to little more than dragging around some objects with telekinesis or figuring out which path to take. I also don't recall NPC interaction outside of cutscenes or in-gameplay "walk and talk" segments. No different than Gears or any other TPS in that regard.
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 13 May 17 at 02:20
Action-Adventure is fine here and is standard to be paired with TPS games such as the Tomb Raider series. As for Survival-Horror our definition for the genre should be getting updated in the near future but this should still fall under the definition.

Recommended genres - A-A, TPS and Survival-Horror
Zonrith1
Zonrith1
Posted on 13 May 17 at 03:37
Agree with Clown. Those genres are the ones already in place. Game is considered resolved. Thank you everything for the submitted feedback.
Eclectic Gamers Podcast: http://eclecticgamers.com
Ackter
Ackter
Posted on 13 May 17 at 09:54
There is nothing remotely survival horror about Dead Space.
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 13 May 17 at 10:04
The genre definition will be getting an update sometime in the near future and this will be fine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.