Game Discussion: Age of Sparta (Win 8)

Revenge Achievement

• Jony MumblesJony Mumbles152,586
    Posted on 24 May 16 at 14:17
    I only have 2 achievements left.
    One of them being the revenge achievement!

I am looking for someone to attack me so i can get this one finished.
    Can anyone help?
  • BU7ZZBU7ZZ651,045
    Posted on 06 June 16 at 21:54
    did you get it yet?
    Jared Childers
  • BahaumautBahaumaut1,288,991
    Posted on 31 July 16 at 14:50
    Since you can't pick someone's gamer tag to directly attack them (so that someone else can assist), here are some notes:

Your best units are automatically used for defense, + any offense/defense buildings. This may include your God as well. Before attacking someone, you are given a comparison of your best units against their best units. Easy means you have a higher power. Normal means they are about equal. Hard means they have much better units than you. This calculation is separate for Land units and for Air units.

Given the above, most people would only attack another person who is Easy or Lower. So if you have very high-powered units for both Land and Air, it's not worthwhile for them to attack you when there is easier prey. If you were to destroy those units (keep using in battle and don't pay gems to restore when they die), your overall power will go down, making you an easier target. And as an easier target, you're more likely to get attacked by others.

Conversely, you need high-powered units for some of the other achievements, particularly the 500 bounties. Using up all your best units for a chance at revenge might make this grind more difficult.

One other possibility is to rank yourself up. Higher-ranks likely have people that have much higher levels, and thus better units. At that point, your threat level in comparison should drop, and again make you a much more tempting target.

Lastly, there's a known, unpatched trick for re-using someone's attack on you to revenge multiple times. After you get an alert about being attacked (check your Headquarters, then Reports, then Combat), and if the opponent beat you, you should have an option on the right to counter-attack. Selecting that option will take you into battle with them. At this screen, and before actually going into battle, you need to kill the game.
    1) WP: Hold the BACK button until it shows all open apps, then click the X on the game
    8) Win8: Close out the game (drag from the top of the screen to the bottom)

Restarting after this will reload the game and take you back to your city. At this point, you can go back to your HQ and see that you can still attempt revenge. You can also go to your Achievements page ingame and see that the counter for revenge has gone up by +1. At this point, keep revenging and shutting out of the game to get the 10 revenges you needed.
  • ChooseMyFateChooseMyFate488,777
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.