Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Five More Now Backwards Compatible

• SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,466,914
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 09:28
    Why no MTG 2013? It was GWG...
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL500,762
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 12:14
    AirNath said:Come on,Bioshock,PLEASE!I know right, it's been almost a year!
    Can't wait to start on Infinite, which I've been holding off because I know it's coming to Xbox One.
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye219,423
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 14:53
    Check out the store links to grab them, or remind yourself that you already impulse-bought them years ago!ha so true
  • xx Hollywoodxx Hollywood394,515
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 15:32
    Would sure like to get Civilization Revolution as backwards compatible. My wife loves playing the heck out of that game!
    Requiescat in pace
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414332,320
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 17:03
    Hexic.

laugh
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl249,880
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 20:21
    matdan said:AirNath said:Come on,Bioshock,PLEASE!Yep waiting on Saints Row and Bioshock to be BC. With Blops out hoping it will be soon.The Bioshock games were confirmed months ago. They're coming eventually, along with Skate 3.

Ereaser NL said:AirNath said:Come on,Bioshock,PLEASE!I know right, it's been almost a year!
    Can't wait to start on Infinite, which I've been holding off because I know it's coming to Xbox One.
    Why not just start it? If you put your saves in cloud storage you can resume where you left off on Xbox One.
    Posted on 25 May 16 at 20:22
    SweetArkhane said:Why no MTG 2013? It was GWG...A game being on Games with Gold in the past doesn't mean anything for backwards compatibility. It's just guaranteed for future titles.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 May 16 at 22:48
    ducktales was a semi easy completion, couple of annoying achievements. but i am going to get the disc to stack it at some point
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,466,914
    Posted on 26 May 16 at 01:26
    zeldafanjtl said:SweetArkhane said:Why no MTG 2013? It was GWG...A game being on Games with Gold in the past doesn't mean anything for backwards compatibility. It's just guaranteed for future titles.I know but, since it was already given for free, and since they're basically the same games (MTG 2013 is the only one I own^^) it would have been cool to have this one instead.
  • Posted on 26 May 16 at 01:31
    I will never forget that XOne wasn't supposed to be BC. Or that's what she said, back then...
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
    Posted on 26 May 16 at 03:00
    SweetArkhane said:zeldafanjtl said:SweetArkhane said:Why no MTG 2013? It was GWG...A game being on Games with Gold in the past doesn't mean anything for backwards compatibility. It's just guaranteed for future titles.I know but, since it was already given for free, and since they're basically the same games (MTG 2013 is the only one I own^^) it would have been cool to have this one instead.It's possible it's coming in the future. They do have to fully test every game to make sure nothing's wrong.

togethawiistand said:I will never forget that XOne wasn't supposed to be BC. Or that's what she said, back then...Xbox One backwards compatibility is technically impressive. Usually for any kind of emulation of a different processor architecture, you need a computer at least a order of magnitude more powerful than the one you're emulating. That's not the case with the One and 360, so it's amazing BC works so well.
  • Posted on 26 May 16 at 11:15
    MustaPastori said:Hairy Cabbage said:If the retail version does work (although id be surprised if it did), i wonder how it will handle the region of the disk. Since Ducktales is NTSC only, it would be interesting to see if this game would play on all Xbox one regions.

Would probably be interested in importing the game if it did work, although i don't think the disk version will work at all.
    It should work, X1 is basically a region free 360. I've played US Witcher 2 on my X1 without any troubles.
    Can confirm this too. Bought South Park: TSOT for my Xbox One and it downloaded the uncensored copy from the Store despite my region not supporting/selling it.
  • Lt DavoLt Davo250,965
    Posted on 26 May 16 at 15:24
    Kedrix said:X-COMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! One of my two most wanted games for BC (other being Skyrim), One would think XCom: Enemy Within can't be too far behind UNLESS...they are going to use it as a pack in for X-Com 2 console announcement (Yes, I realize this is a pipe dream but one can hope.)Exactly. I still play Enemy Within on a regular basis and am holding out hope that I'll be able to play XCOM2 on the Xbox eventually.
  • RascaaalllRascaaalll516,494
    Posted on 26 May 16 at 17:30
    Ssx is now backward compatible.
  • Posted on 26 May 16 at 22:45
    There is a Domino's game for the xbox? Wow. I wonder how many that sold.

Not being sarcastic, though it sounds like I am. I'm genuinely am both surprised and curious. This site says that 2,581 tracked gamers have this game, 70 have completed it (2.71%).
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL500,762
    Posted on 27 May 16 at 12:46
    zeldafanjtl said:Ereaser NL said:AirNath said:Come on,Bioshock,PLEASE!I know right, it's been almost a year!
    Why not just start it? If you put your saves in cloud storage you can resume where you left off on Xbox One.
    Because if my friends get online and I want to play with them I have to switch consoles #lazy :P
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads