The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: May 24th, 2016

AuthorMessage
foreverzerov2
foreverzerov2
Posted on 26 May 16 at 11:31
went vesperia which i have on disc but i was worried about scratches so win. And Devil may cry collection was going to get dmc but then i saw that it has a dlc which made me decide not to
Hagagagagagaga
Posted on 26 May 16 at 15:09
xQuesoo said:Anyone else get tempted to buy games just because they're so cheap even though you've already got a backlog and have no intention of playing it for at least a long while? Happening more and more..... My god yes.
Dead M3tal
Dead M3tal
Posted on 26 May 16 at 17:17
Bioshock and Dead Island for me clap
LAZY SHIKAMARUX
Posted on 26 May 16 at 17:18
Hagagagagagaga said:xQuesoo said:Anyone else get tempted to buy games just because they're so cheap even though you've already got a backlog and have no intention of playing it for at least a long while? Happening more and more..... My god yes.Must fight the urge...
I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
xCRiMZoNx
xCRiMZoNx
Posted on 26 May 16 at 21:38
Bought GG Bundle 2015...well worth it! I didn't know Outlast was on sale shock might have to pick it up if I can spare the money.
zzUrbanSpaceman
Posted on 27 May 16 at 03:41
LAZY SHIKAMARUX said:Hagagagagagaga said:xQuesoo said:Anyone else get tempted to buy games just because they're so cheap even though you've already got a backlog and have no intention of playing it for at least a long while? Happening more and more..... My god yes.Must fight the urge...Obsessive Bargain Game Buyers Anonymous
Smoky Brenneth
Posted on 27 May 16 at 12:51
ChewieOnIce said:I'm aware of a few omissions. Will add them ASAP when I awake. Fast and Furious: Showdown £3.99 :)
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 27 May 16 at 16:24
ChewieOnIce said:We use Ireland as the Euro zone for pricing and it's available there so maybe try that?

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/NBA-JAM-On-Fire-E...
Thanks for the answer and research, Chewie, but doesn't work neither. cry

AGGT002 said:I have bought many US games that were not available in my region. What i have to do is on a computer, go to xbox.com, sign in and after that set the page to english united states. then on a different tab i go to microsft store online and set that to US. Buy a gift card for the amount you want to spend plus tax. then head back to the xbox.com page and redeem the gift card and purchase the game. wont guarantee it but it has worked for me.Thanks for the tip, AGGT, but even if it's only 5€, don't wanna waste that money if I'm not sure it works... Where are you from? As you said you bought many US-only games in the past, just wondering.
WilliamRSPOA
WilliamRSPOA
Posted on 27 May 16 at 16:38
How long this sale gonna last?
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 27 May 16 at 17:22, Edited on 27 May 16 at 17:23 by ChewieOnIce
N3r4s 8J LIVE said:How long this sale gonna last?It says this (or similar depending on who it's available for) in the article:

The above sales are available to Silver & Gold Xbox LIVE members and run until May 30th.Four times. In bold. wink
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
CanaDa Fwend
CanaDa Fwend
Posted on 28 May 16 at 02:03
Just bought The Golf Club for $9.90 USD. I think the price has been updated.wink
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 28 May 16 at 10:34, Edited on 28 May 16 at 10:50 by HolyHalfDead
vegansound said:ChewieOnIce said:We use Ireland as the Euro zone for pricing and it's available there so maybe try that?

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/NBA-JAM-On-Fire-E...
Thanks for the answer and research, Chewie, but doesn't work neither. cry

AGGT002 said:I have bought many US games that were not available in my region. What i have to do is on a computer, go to xbox.com, sign in and after that set the page to english united states. then on a different tab i go to microsft store online and set that to US. Buy a gift card for the amount you want to spend plus tax. then head back to the xbox.com page and redeem the gift card and purchase the game. wont guarantee it but it has worked for me.Thanks for the tip, AGGT, but even if it's only 5€, don't wanna waste that money if I'm not sure it works... Where are you from? As you said you bought many US-only games in the past, just wondering.
The Xbox 360 is not region free, but many Xbox One owners aren't aware of that.

For Xbox 360 you MUST have an XBL account in the region (not just currency) you are making the purchase from. You can only change the region of your XBL account once every 3 months, so creating a second account is usually better, but then you will need to pay for a second XBL Gold membership to take advantage of many of these deals. You must also have a valid payment method, such as Visa/Mastercard/Amex with a billing address in that region, or some regions accept PayPal, or you can purchase gift cards in that currency. You may still not be able to purchase certain content from a different region if it is region locked, or if the video format is different (NTSC/PAL/NTSC-J), or if it is IP address locked. However you will not be charged for content you cannot purchase and use. Sure, you can use a VPN to get around some of these restrictions (such as to buy games that have been banned in your country), but you do that at your own risk.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 28 May 16 at 14:49
HolyHa1fDead said:The Xbox 360 is not region free, but many Xbox One owners aren't aware of that.

For Xbox 360 you MUST have an XBL account in the region (not just currency) you are making the purchase from. You can only change the region of your XBL account once every 3 months, so creating a second account is usually better, but then you will need to pay for a second XBL Gold membership to take advantage of many of these deals. You must also have a valid payment method, such as Visa/Mastercard/Amex with a billing address in that region, or some regions accept PayPal, or you can purchase gift cards in that currency. You may still not be able to purchase certain content from a different region if it is region locked, or if the video format is different (NTSC/PAL/NTSC-J), or if it is IP address locked. However you will not be charged for content you cannot purchase and use. Sure, you can use a VPN to get around some of these restrictions (such as to buy games that have been banned in your country), but you do that at your own risk.
Agreed. Some additional information. Play-Asia.com sells digital JP gold cards and digital yen cards. That meets most of the needs but sometimes you will run into an issue where the content is IP locked:

Here's the Play-Asia digital content:

http://www.play-asia.com/digital_codes/xbox_live/14/711z5#fc...

Play-Asia also sells JP consoles since the 360 is not region free and you must have a JP console to play JP non-region free games. Play-Asia is a great resource for players who are casually interested in playing JP games.

The more serious aficionado is best served by using a mediator like https://www.rinkya.com/en. Rinkya allows much fuller access to the JP market for people living outside Japan. You can use Rinkya to order buy new or used merchandise from any retailer online or brick and mortar.

Rinkya will not only order existing items for you but you can also use them to pre-order items. Of particular value is that you can order from a number of different merchants and have Rinkya hold the items until you are ready to ship. When you do ship, you do so with a cost-effective consolidated shipment. I am an enthusiastic Amazon.jp customer.

Rinkya allows me to buy items that Amazon.jp will not ship outside Japan. Also, you have access to all of Amazon.jp's partners who have great deals on new and used merchandise.
zzUrbanSpaceman
Posted on 28 May 16 at 22:34
I'd just like something clarified regarding digital currency: it was my understanding that for some time now it's been impossible to use digital currency to purchase digital 360 content. This changed some time back with one of the Xbox One store revamps. Is this still the case, or am I mistaken?
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 28 May 16 at 22:48
zzUrbanSpaceman said:I'd just like something clarified regarding digital currency: it was my understanding that for some time now it's been impossible to use digital currency to purchase digital 360 content. This changed some time back with one of the Xbox One store revamps. Is this still the case, or am I mistaken?You can use digital currency to purchase Xbox 360 content from the console marketplace itself (not the website marketplace). The 360 marketplace on the One is really just a UI friendly link to the 360 website marketplace, not another console marketplace. So you cannot purchase 360 content with digital currency from the One. Only the 360 itself.
zzUrbanSpaceman
Posted on 28 May 16 at 22:50
xPut Name Herex said:zzUrbanSpaceman said:I'd just like something clarified regarding digital currency: it was my understanding that for some time now it's been impossible to use digital currency to purchase digital 360 content. This changed some time back with one of the Xbox One store revamps. Is this still the case, or am I mistaken?You can use digital currency to purchase Xbox 360 content from the console marketplace itself (not the website marketplace). The 360 marketplace on the One is really just a UI friendly link to the 360 website marketplace, not another console marketplace. So you cannot purchase 360 content with digital currency from the One. Only the 360 itself.Good to know, thanks. toast
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Posted on 28 May 16 at 23:41
LAZY SHIKAMARUX said:Hagagagagagaga said:xQuesoo said:Anyone else get tempted to buy games just because they're so cheap even though you've already got a backlog and have no intention of playing it for at least a long while? Happening more and more..... My god yes.Must fight the urge...I bought Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures for $3 once cuz it was 90% off and I love platformers, but if I knew how awful this game was, I would have never bought it.
"I fear the day when mankind starts making up quotes about things I never said and posting them on the internet." --Albert Einstein
Iceman2pnt0
Iceman2pnt0
Posted on 29 May 16 at 00:28
gobey17 said:Yeah, PQ2 I haven't read anything good about it so I probably won't ever play that.

Someone told me PQ had a lot of luck to it with the battle system and the AI suddenly defeating you when they are losing, so he didn't recommend the game which made me skeptical. But I may consider it so thanks! :)
There is some luck involved, as the gems and skulls are dropped from the top of the board at random. But once you know the system and your spells, it's fine. I can't remember ever losing and feeling like the AI cheated me. Bottom line - the game is a must play imo. There still should be a demo up, I remember sinking hours into that one night before deciding on a purchase. Give it a shot.
“Above all, video games are meant to just be one thing: Fun for everyone.” R.I.P. Satoru Iwata
vegansound
vegansound
Posted on 29 May 16 at 04:48
Allgorhythm said:HolyHa1fDead said:The Xbox 360 is not region free, but many Xbox One owners aren't aware of that.

Agreed. Some additional information. Play-Asia.com sells digital JP gold cards and digital yen cards. That meets most of the needs but sometimes you will run into an issue where the content is IP locked:

Here's the Play-Asia digital content:

http://www.play-asia.com/digital_codes/xbox_live/14/711z5#fc...

Play-Asia also sells JP consoles since the 360 is not region free and you must have a JP console to play JP non-region free games. Play-Asia is a great resource for players who are casually interested in playing JP games.

The more serious aficionado is best served by using a mediator like https://www.rinkya.com/en. Rinkya allows much fuller access to the JP market for people living outside Japan. You can use Rinkya to order buy new or used merchandise from any retailer online or brick and mortar.

Rinkya will not only order existing items for you but you can also use them to pre-order items. Of particular value is that you can order from a number of different merchants and have Rinkya hold the items until you are ready to ship. When you do ship, you do so with a cost-effective consolidated shipment. I am an enthusiastic Amazon.jp customer.

Rinkya allows me to buy items that Amazon.jp will not ship outside Japan. Also, you have access to all of Amazon.jp's partners who have great deals on new and used merchandise.
Thank you, Allgorhythm and HolyHa1fDead for the details. But just to sum up the situation, I guess I won't ever be able to download this game from France, and that's what is a pity... cry
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 30 May 16 at 14:37
Dragon Age: Origins is a great buy for two thirds off.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.