Game Discussion: Gems of War

TrueAchievementElite Guild Thread

• RPGDaveyRPGDavey2,301,791
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 11:39
    GameTagwastaken said:
    Honestly, Davey, looking at your collection, I wouldn't worry about building specific color attack teams yet. I'd focus on getting a solid attack team going. Based on your roster, I'd start with dragons -the dragon soul, krystenax, sylvanimora, and one of celestasia, shadow dragon, or dragonian monk. Another good place to start would be Khaziel, you will use Gorgotha as a tank in many different teams, and you have lady ironbeard. Eventually you'd put in stonehammer when you trait him and king high forge when you unlock him. For now, you may want to just use deep borer and rock worm and keep that brown mana flowing.

Also, if you have a few souls laying around, upgrade 1 khetar troop to unlock the 3rd gold star. At this phase, you want to maximize kingdom levels until you get all your kingdoms to 5 stars (for the double skill bonuses).
    Thanks for the advice...funny enough as soon as I got home yesterday I opened some chests and unlocked King Highforge. I'll start working on both of those teams and go from there.

Any suggestions on what mythic I should look to unlock next in the soulforge?
  • el tuaya argel tuaya arg300,117
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 12:33
    Famine
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 14:00
    Yeah, definitely Famine first. It is solid on D and can go in your offense teams for those colors, too. It would be followed by Infernus or Pharos Ra, but I'm not sure what order those two go in.
  • AgentZachMorganAgentZachMorgan2,378,980
    Posted on 22 March 18 at 02:00, Edited on 23 March 18 at 10:48 by AgentZachMorgan
    I've sent Sargal 2 messages to leave his guild, 1 on Monday and 1 yesterday, he still hasn't replied. LEAVE YOUR DAMN GUILD ALREADY! Why bother trying to get you in asap if you're not even playing the game.

It's now been 12 hours since i sent an invite, 18 hours after you left your guild. Still not joined. You're not making a good first impression dude.

We have no reserves at the moment. Anyone out there looking to join get your name on the waiting list, there might be an opening sooner than you think.
    I came here to eat donuts and drink coffee... and I'm all out of donuts.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

• AfneyAfney198,365
  • Posted on 26 March 18 at 14:31
    Any one have any non-infernus teams for this week? I'm thinking maybe Mang, event troop x2, flame troll.
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513697,996
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 18:12
    When and how are we implementing Raid battles? I believe they should be mandatory to a certain degree as they do help other guild mates, however they cost Gems to be effective overall. Members might not have the resources and that tells me they don't play enough Treasure Hunt or open enough chests to get gems and keys to get event sigils. I would like an open discussion about this now as we had a few members do nothing this past event yet they get the rewards. We would have gotten the last rewards tier if they had participated, not sure if they were 'excused' or not but its time we discuss this openly.
    DEATH IS CERTAIN.
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 18:48
    I second this. :)
  • Its Uncle KevIts Uncle Kev2,958,352
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 19:24
    I demand we make it to where everyone works on the totals and I do my 4 battles to finish the final tier.wink
  • Fury87Fury87999,819
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 20:01
    I'm generally opposed to spending gems to get more tiers for the raids because I think they are a waste of gems compared to what you get in return. I also feel like it is a bit of a cash grab as well.

But all of that aside, I still completed all of of my battles and did fairly well with a Mang based team. I definitely think participation should be required. Is there any way to track this aside from the amount of damage done to the raid boss?
  • Posted on 26 March 18 at 20:21
    Certainly the people with the boss still on level 2 and 0 damage done are easy to spot. I'd be fine with setting a floor that was only maxing out your free sigils and ravens. I was abel to get top 50 with only level 6 store purchases this week, so there is certainly no need to demand buying out the store.
  • VegaDark541VegaDark541354,276
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 20:37, Edited on 26 March 18 at 20:39 by VegaDark541
    I think requiring Tier 3 is reasonable. You get a weapon with tier 3 that you otherwise would have to spend resources in the soulforge crafting, so I think Tier 3 is a no-brainier to get every raid. But, that being said, there are plenty of people who didn't even use their free sigils at all and that would make sense for a baseline at first until we can get more data to determine if requiring a gem tier is even needed.
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 20:40, Edited on 26 March 18 at 20:51 by AgentZachMorgan
    Yeah i think doing the minimum of your daily sigils should be mandatory, along with whatever the ravens drop. They might not be happy about it but then i bet you're happy enough to collect all the rewards that you contributed nothing towards.

The first 2 tiers are a no brainer for me, they're cheap and you get the new troop, even if it is only really useful for just 1 week.

It's worth noting that unlike GW that requires you to be in before it starts, the other modes you can still participate in if you're a new member that joins midweek, so you can't use that as an excuse.
  • CampoCampo876,100
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 21:06
    Using free sigils should be the minimum.

Is there still a question whether you have to log in to the game each day to get the free sigils? If someone is a heavy player but only on a few days then they will not have that many free sigils to play with.
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 21:18
    Yes I agree with the comments above. Buying tier one and two for such low amount of gems should be included in our weekly events requirements.

If your an end game player this won't affect your gem stock.
    And in the case of newer players, you'll be receiving troops that you straight up may not have, so your gems will be well spent.

Also, yes a million times: the 28 free weekly sigils (four sigils granted daily on login) should always be played by every member.
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 21:28
    GameTagwastaken said:
    Any one have any non-infernus teams for this week? I'm thinking maybe Mang, event troop x2, flame troll.
    Ironbark, Flame Troll, Mang, Garuda? I don't really know because Infernus is a must have for me, i'd be lost without him lol.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan493,153
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 23:28
    Using your sigils each day should not only be required, but come on - its just the fair thing to do. The rewards collected should make everyone want to contribute. I always buy at least tier 3 regardless, but even that shouldn't be an issue for members - you get more than enough gems each week just from the weekly guild rewards to cover up to tier 3.

We have been dropping in guild wars, and missed out on the last reward yesterday, if everyone contributed like they should we would be fine. Why else would you be in a guild like this anyway if you can't (or won't) contribute at least the bare minimum each week?
  • Posted on 26 March 18 at 23:41
    I don't think negativity towards other members helps in the transition from one form of this game to another.

Lots of people are leaving the game because of the changes, and its a difficult time of adjustment.

Member poaching is at record levels, and the top ten guilds - full of whales - are wrecking many others.

I believe being supportive and being positive is the only way forward at the moment.
  • Its Uncle KevIts Uncle Kev2,958,352
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 05:15
    So did anyone have a chance to get a decent team sorted out?

I’m usualy always at a bad disadvantage with these new events because tons of my troops don’t have all traits or any traits at all.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads