Game Discussion: Gems of War Forum

TrueAchievementElite Guild Thread

AuthorMessage
BoGcHiKa
BoGcHiKa
Posted on 16 June 16 at 10:41
Howdy team!

Wyrmling slowly rising through the ranks headspin
However desperately need more souls! I can't seem to decide on a permanent team so I keep chopping and changing.

It seems when I get to around rank 5 PvP, the matchmaking is terrible (for me at least) in matching me with someone of similar level, is it the same for anyone else? Most of the time it matches me with lvl 100+ players which is a little unfair when they have all legendaries at max level with most traits already.
Having said that, someone attacked me that was lvl. 136 and after a revenge battle, I ended up winning!

Damn neeker75, can your wife get the achievement for me too please? Haha.
I seem to get a single vault ok, then it all goes down hill from there.

PS VegaDark541: I have 2 Goblin Kings! Wish I could gift one to you somehow!
Ocarina of Tom
Posted on 16 June 16 at 12:20
Hello, friends. Moving update: I arrived in my new city yesterday. Movers are due today with my stuff and precious, precious Xbox. I am hoping to resume normal activity by this weekend or early next week at the latest. I appreciate your patience with my mini hiatus!
DemonVexx8
DemonVexx8
Posted on 16 June 16 at 19:18, Edited on 16 June 16 at 19:38 by DemonVexx8
Hello again all hope everyone is well, just wondering if anyone else has been suffering with about a 1-2 minute wait any time they try to swap the team they are using for a task?
Also I have the glory to buy my mythic card now but don't want to waste it, is it worth waiting for the best card (which COULD take ages) or just buy what's up for grabs at the time?

Annnnnd shout out to Firmino who's playing exceptionally well this week WOOP WOOP top 100 here we COME! ;)
VegaDark541
VegaDark541
Posted on 16 June 16 at 19:55, Edited on 16 June 16 at 20:13 by VegaDark541
DemonVexx8 said:just wondering if anyone else has been suffering with about a 1-2 minute wait any time they try to swap the team they are using for a task? Yes, it's a known issue. From what I've read (and can personally attest to based on my experience), the longer you have the game open, the longer it takes to switch teams out. Therefore, a way of addressing this is to completely quit out of the game and restart it, although that's annoying to have to do. If you regularly switch teams it's probably worth it though.

I read in the official GoW forums that the devs are aware of this issue and are currently trying to figure out why this is happening, and don't have an immediate cause/solution.

DemonVexx8 said:Also I have the glory to buy my mythic card now but don't want to waste it, is it worth waiting for the best card (which COULD take ages) or just buy what's up for grabs at the time?I'd make this decision based on what arcane traitstones you need most, as that is going to switch weekly with the featured troop.

Also, there is a good way of gauging what troops may be coming up in the future. This post:

http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/coming-soon-to-a-console-ne...

details all the troops that are released on the PC version but not yet on the console version. All of the new featured weekly troops are going to be one of the listed troops here. Using that information you can see how likely a legendary will be the featured troop in the near future.
DemonVexx8
DemonVexx8
Posted on 16 June 16 at 20:19
Ah, well I wish them luck in figuring it out, I'm glad I'm not the only one I recently moved house and had my fingers crossed that it wasn't poor connection. I wasn't sure of the cause of it either but had a few theories:
1. This problem only started when I made full use of all my team slots and thought there was a connection.
2. When they reset the PVP rank things tend to go out of sync for a few days and thought it was during these times.

But thinking on your explaination makes sense as I play this game for hours at a time lol.

Thanks for the info laugh
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 17 June 16 at 03:25, Edited on 17 June 16 at 03:25 by neeker75
Does anyone know if the rewards in the treasure hunt game are random?

I'm hoping to farm enough glory to buy this week's bundle to unlock the mythical achievement. Sometimes, I played really well in Treasure Hunt, and ended up with 4 glory. Other times, I played badly, and was rewarded with 35!

PS: My donation will be noticeably lesser this week as I'm dumping gold into gold chests as well, hoping to get 20 Glory as reward.
Afney
Afney
Posted on 17 June 16 at 17:28, Edited on 17 June 16 at 20:49 by Afney
Yes, treasure hunt rewards are partially random as the chests can give you gold, souls, glory, gems or keys.

Here's an overview of the possible rewards for each chest : http://gems-of-war.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunt
There might be a few mistakes (I think the vault gives only 1 gem key, not 2), maybe due to differences between PC and XBox versions.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 18 June 16 at 02:42
That's very helpful. I'll make as many chests as I can to increase the chances of getting glory. I've painstakingly grinded 1,500+ glory over the past two days. 500+ more to go for the final achievement.

Thanks for the reply!
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 19 June 16 at 01:34
Finally, I got my first Mythical troop after a few days of glory farming! Many thanks for helping me with tasks that give treasure map! Without the maps, this wouldn't be possible.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 20 June 16 at 02:45
I was messing around with my new cards yesterday, and ended up losing and retreating a bunch of times. I found that retreating now seems to -1 trophy. Can anyone confirm this?

On the subject of cards, I never found a team for my minty new Mythical troop and my Legendary Berseker, all found during my recent glory farming. However, the chest opening (I found hundreds of glory just by opening chests) have allowed me to Epic-ized my Goblin Shaman and a Boar Rider (which I previously never used). This is my current setup:

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc376/neeker75/Zaej....png

Once again, all the extra turns are extremely useful. The Goblin Shaman becomes a beast - he's a support (make green gems for Goblin and Boar Rider), a tank (16 skull damage), and a healer (+3 HP on a random troop each time he casts) rolled into one. I think I'll stick with this team for a long, long time.
ARMaximus
ARMaximus
Posted on 20 June 16 at 22:19
I have noticed that also, not sure if they fixed it though, I rarely retreat, but when the game kinda cheats on you (yes, skulls dropping in cascade and/or endless next turns for your enemy), I end using retreat before it kills my last card, however I don't know yet if it affects your rank, as I was rank 1 already, so let's see tomorrow how it goes.

I have also changed my PvP team to face ridiculous high player ranks with maxed mythic cards (the higher I have seen so far was at Lv 945), after seeing a few setups using Zaejin troops I gave it a go, and those extra turns makes a big difference, so far I have used Hobgoblin, Boar Rider, Goblin Shaman and Goblin, together they activate 2 bonus!

http://armaxweb.free.fr/GemsOfWar/Zaejin.png
ARMAX
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 20 June 16 at 23:48
They may add losses for PvP retreats in a future update, like how it works in the broken spire arena.
Here be dragons.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 21 June 16 at 00:54
Retreats definitely lead to a -1 trophy now. I'm not even aware that they updated it. It happened over the weekend.

@ARMaximus - just look at your enemy armor and HP on the screenshot! Ridiculous!
cnirvana
cnirvana
Posted on 21 June 16 at 03:17
First post updated. We are really on a roll. Should easily clear top 200 this week.

Need Phoenix XB1's new tag.... Link broke when he changed his tag and I do not believe he is on my Friends List....

Noticed some odd things with the roster.... Anyone else see where KillingDisorder is showing Inactive for over 3 weeks.... Yet it shows that he has earned us 10 trophies and donated 6,000 gold this week. Strange.....

Opening the guild back to the public. Can't believe we aren't finding enough active players on TA. I know we must have some more here.... Guess they just do not use the forums.

I'm going to be out of town on vacation with the wife and kids for the next week. So no Gems for me cry If you see my box / tag come online it's because I'm having my Dad keep an eye on my downloads/updates while I'm gone (Stupid slow internet...) He's going to be here multiple times a day.... Might as well have him take care of the Xboxes while he is letting out and feeding the dogs laugh

Those of you who have messaged me here and on XBL via PM..... So very sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. Been very busy. I'll have some ample downtime / relaxing time on vacation so I should be able to return my messages soon.

Off to bed... I have 5 hours of sleep before a 15 hour drive.....shock
ARMaximus
ARMaximus
Posted on 21 June 16 at 03:48
neeker75 said:Retreats definitely lead to a -1 trophy now. I'm not even aware that they updated it. It happened over the weekend.

@ARMaximus - just look at your enemy armor and HP on the screenshot! Ridiculous!
That was me playing a challenge against enemies on Warlord IV difficulty, it's a nice training, but only play that way to farm Runic and Arcane Traitstones, the match will be long though... laugh
ARMAX
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 21 June 16 at 04:11
So I can repeatedly play challenges to farm traitstones? I need an Arcane Storm and two Arcane Skulls to finish the third traits for the Shaman and Rocket, and according to the Gems forum I can find them in Adana and Darkstone. Is there any specific difficulty that I should play on to ensure better drops?
VegaDark541
VegaDark541
Posted on 21 June 16 at 07:38
neeker75 said:So I can repeatedly play challenges to farm traitstones? I need an Arcane Storm and two Arcane Skulls to finish the third traits for the Shaman and Rocket, and according to the Gems forum I can find them in Adana and Darkstone. Is there any specific difficulty that I should play on to ensure better drops?According to everything I have read difficulty is irrelevant. It's also very hard to farm arcane traitstones, apparently one drops on average every 200 or so matches. Your best bet for arcanes is the weekly glory purchase. I believe blade is the arcane set to drop tomorrow if the forums are correct.
ARMaximus
ARMaximus
Posted on 21 June 16 at 12:44
Difficulty does improves the chance of a drop of an Arcane Traitstone, I have got a few this way, however it takes a few matches, less than 100, not 200 as you said, in the least it will give you any Traitstone, it been giving me Runic Traitstones mostly, maybe the way I play or the time the match takes, I do not play on this difficulty everytime though, until I have better stats I choose to play on Warlord II difficulty, where I end the match very quickly!

As VegaDark541 said, if you want loads without playing matches, aim to farm your glory instead, and buy the weekly reward, that is what I been doing too! wink
ARMAX
VegaDark541
VegaDark541
Posted on 21 June 16 at 16:28, Edited on 21 June 16 at 16:36 by VegaDark541
ARMaximus said:Difficulty does improves the chance of a drop of an Arcane Traitstone, I have got a few this way, however it takes a few matches, less than 100, not 200 as you said, in the least it will give you any Traitstone, it been giving me Runic Traitstones mostly, maybe the way I play or the time the match takes, I do not play on this difficulty everytime though, until I have better stats I choose to play on Warlord II difficulty, where I end the match very quickly!

As VegaDark541 said, if you want loads without playing matches, aim to farm your glory instead, and buy the weekly reward, that is what I been doing too! wink
According to a post I just read on the GoW forums,

"You get a better chance at getting any traitstone if you raise the difficulty. Hard should be more than sufficient for this. But difficulty doesn't affect the kind of traitstone dropped. So on Hard you should have just about a 100% chance that something will drop, but no guarantee if it would be a Minor, Major, Runic, Arcane, or Celestial."

So I was wrong that difficulty doesn't affect it, but apparently you need only bump up to hard difficulty, and higher than that seems unnecessary if this is correct.

Another VERY important piece of information that is helpful to know:

"As of now, though it was unintended, 300 glory troops (Ultra Rares) come with 2 Traitstones. This will be corrected to match the PC version with the next update where 300 glory troops will only come with 1.

400 glory troops (Epics) and 500 glory troops (Legendaries) will come with 2 Traitstones."

Not to mention the error where some Epics are only 300. Basically, it's a good idea to stock up on 300 cost epics or even ultra rares that come with 2 traitstones before the next update. I purchased 9 of last week's epic troop for the Forrest traitstones, which is looking like a good decision :D
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 22 June 16 at 01:47
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll have to wait for a week when they'll have the traitstones I need to finish up what I need.

This week's bundle is another Epic troop at 400 Glory. I believe it comes with Arcane Blade traitstone as well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.