Game Discussion: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

Consuming boss souls

• fighterx93chippfighterx93chipp1,013,642
    Posted on 09 June 16 at 20:06Permalink
    Is there certain boss souls I need to keep in dark souls 2?? I want to consume them for leveling purposes but I want all the achievements... I know the first dark souls you need almost all souls twice and sif 3 times but what about this one?
  • Posted on 09 June 16 at 21:20Permalink
    There are a couple you need for miracles/hexes/pyro/spells but not too many. I can't remember the exact ones but the'll be on the lists for the "collect all spells" achievements.
  • Posted on 09 June 16 at 21:20Permalink
    I don't remember if you need all the boss souls but I do know you at least need certain ones. I'd take a look at the sorceries/pyromaniacs/etc solutions to figure out what you need before you start using anything.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • misfit119misfit119910,454
    Posted on 10 June 16 at 07:34Permalink
    You need two of them for Sorceries first playthrough, two more in New Game +. One soul for a miracle and one soul in NG+. Two for pyromancies in the first playthrough and one in NG+. Two souls for Hexes in the main game and one in NG+. So yeah, you might want to look them up so you don't accidentally use those souls for something else and waste them.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL361,409
    Posted on 10 June 16 at 12:28Permalink
    Copied from their achievement guides, because I wanted a list for myself as well.

Sorceries:
    - Crystal Soul Spear Acquired by trading the Old Paledrake Soul with Straid (10,000 soul cost). This soul is dropped by The Duke's Dear Freja only in NG+ and onward.
    - Soul Shower - Acquired by trading the soul of Scorpioness Najka with Straid (1500 soul cost).

Miracles:
    - Blinding Bolt - Trade the Old King Soul with Straid (10000 soul cost). The soul is acquired by killing the Old Iron King on NG+ onwards.
    - Sacred Oath - Trade the Soul of Velstadt with Straid (3000 soul cost).

Pyromancies:
    - Toxic Mist - Acquired by trading the soul of the Royal Rat Vanguard with Straid (1500 soul cost). The Vanguard is encountered in the Grave of Saints, reached through the pit in Majula.
    - Acid Surge - Acquired by trading the soul of the Royal Rat Authority with Straid (1500 soul cost). The Authority is encountered in the Doors of Pharros area which you'll pass through on your way to Brightstone Cove Tseldora, and is fittingly enough best fought using pyromancy.
    - Flame Weapon - Acquired by trading the Old Witch Soul with Straid (10,000 soul cost). This soul is dropped by the Lost Sinner only in NG+ and onward.
    - Outcry - For this you will need all the fragments of Nadalia's soul, which you get from destroying her idols with Smelter Wedges. This will require full exploration of the DLC, minus the bonus area (the caves), both to find more wedges and to find all the idols. You will also need to defeat Sir Alonne in the Memory of the Old Iron King, since you find the last Wedge after that. Fume Knight also drops a piece of Nadalia's soul. When all soul fragments are collected, wait a few seconds and Nadalia's full soul will be added to your inventory. This can then be traded with Straid for 45,000 (!) souls, which will give you Outcry.

Hexes:
    - Repel: Trade the Giant Lord Soul to Straid of Olaphis
    - Numbness: Trade the Old Dead One Soul (from the Rotten in NG+) to Straid of Olaphis
    - Lifedrain Patch: Trade the Darklurker Soul to Straid of Olaphis
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.