Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Capcom Announces the Capcom Digital Collection

• CormacCormac536,704
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 03:46
    alklein92201 said:
    sm182 said:
    I will be seriously pissed off if this isn't released in the UK.
    I'm pretty sure I saw several other sites saying it was US only
    Any ideas why? That is the most stupid decision I've seen in a while.
    Put it on vibrate.
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper128,228
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 03:57
    This will be a definite buy... once it hits $19.99 US (new, not "pre-owned"). The only game that's interested me previously is "Flock!" and I don't think I've ever seen that one on sale. And I generally avoid the fighting genre entirely. But yeah, I'd take a chance on the whole set once it hits half of the MSRP. Half-price is my "tipping point" on most games.
    Mame Tobikomi! Bean Dive COMPREET-O! Completion from 37.45 to 26.65!
  • BODZ61BODZ6174,777
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 04:04
    $40...Seriously? Some of these were recently on sale for 400 points. Come on! Capcom can do a lot better than that! I want some POWER STONE 2!
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 04:10
    May when it's on sale
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,419,150
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 04:17, Edited on 15 December 11 at 04:19 by Ahayzo
    Shadow Enz said:
    Since I've already got a couple of these, I will wait for this to drop to $10 before picking it up.
    I posted a per-item price listing just above your post. You should look over the list, see what it would cost to get the games you want, but don't have. Then decide if maybe $40 is good for you.

BODZ61 said:
    $40...Seriously? Some of these were recently on sale for 400 points. Come on! Capcom can do a lot better than that! I want some POWER STONE 2!
    Look at my price breakdown above. These all combined cost $100 on the dot. They are already knocking the total price down 60%, off of (for the most part) already good prices, and that still isn't good enough? I knew the internet liked to complain, but GODDAMN SON
  • BODZ61BODZ6174,777
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 04:39, Edited on 15 December 11 at 04:44 by BODZ61
    alklein92201 said:
    Shadow Enz said:
    Since I've already got a couple of these, I will wait for this to drop to $10 before picking it up.
    I posted a per-item price listing just above your post. You should look over the list, see what it would cost to get the games you want, but don't have. Then decide if maybe $40 is good for you.

BODZ61 said:
    Look at my price breakdown above. These all combined cost $100 on the dot. They are already knocking the total price down 60%, off of (for the most part) already good prices, and that still isn't good enough? I knew the internet liked to complain, but GODDAMN SON
    I hear ya! I just can't believe it. The games were on sale a while back, so I bought some of them, and now they mix them with other games and call that a sale. I'm just disappointed.
  • A KING 84A KING 84388,373
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 05:21
    alklein92201 said:
    CoMANdo DOOM said:
    Has anyone looked at the cost of each game separate yet? I'm wondering what the saving is. $30-$40 is my guess. I don't feel like adding everything up. Haha.
    These prices are based on information from the respective TA pages

1942: Joint Strike - $10
    Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 - $15
    Final Fight: Double Impact - $10
    Flock! - $15
    Rocketmen: Axis of Evil - $10
    R:AoE It Came From Uranus Expansion Pack - $5
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - $10
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - $15
    Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 - $10

$100 worth of games, for $40. Wow, I was thinking maybe a discount of $10-20 max. But the math? It says $60 of savings!! 60% for quite a few good games, definitely picking this one up.
    even Dotw cant get down to $40 so if you dont have any of these, that seems fair. unfortunately, i will wait for a price drop since i have some of them
    King
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira231,165
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 05:32
    Hey Capcom, why not just discount the XBLA titles?

Nearly 2,000 employees and they can't see the solution that's staring them in the face.
    "The universe is change, life is opinion." - Marcus Aurelius
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 December 11 at 05:34
    alklein92201 said:
    Shadow Enz said:

I appreciate the price breakdown, but I was pretty aware of how much they were retailing for (on the marketplace) before this compilation. Since I didn't download all of those games, it means I felt they weren't worth their retail price, and thus, all combined (those that I don't have) are worth about $10 to me.

That make more sense? I never go by what an item sells for, I go by how much I'm willing to pay for it.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • CM TranceCM Trance219,429
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 06:46
    I have already 3 of these games. 3 out of 8... and 2 of them seem crappy... not worth it.

I'll just get Super Puzzle Fighter alone...
  • Gearbolt013Gearbolt0131,014,672
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 09:21
    I already have all these games apart from Flock. Was hoping to see Resident Evil 1-3 remakes or at least a Mega Man X! I wouldn't mind seeing a Mega Man Legends game either. This list is an okay list, but without Mega Man, it's not great.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 December 11 at 12:11
    Shadow Enz said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Shadow Enz said:

I appreciate the price breakdown, but I was pretty aware of how much they were retailing for (on the marketplace) before this compilation. Since I didn't download all of those games, it means I felt they weren't worth their retail price, and thus, all combined (those that I don't have) are worth about $10 to me.

That make more sense? I never go by what an item sells for, I go by how much I'm willing to pay for it.
    Too bad they don't go by your prices then eh?
    Countless the dead slaughtered in your name. Not an utter of your voice have you once repaid.
  • Master KraneMaster Krane191,483
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 13:23
    I already own half of these so I won't be getting it, but it'll be a good deal when it goes on sale (and that won't take long).
    http://sinisteralternative.blogspot.com/
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 14:18
    Master Krane said:
    I already own half of these so I won't be getting it, but it'll be a good deal when it goes on sale (and that won't take long).
    Ditto on this, I've already picked up any of these that have been on sale previously but these bargain packs tend to get dirt cheap within the year
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,419,150
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 14:27
    CoMANdo DOOM said:
    Shadow Enz said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Shadow Enz said:

Too bad they don't go by your prices then eh?
    If only... my wallet would be so much happier
  • JaggexedgeJaggexedge235,323
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 14:27
    I own most of the games already, but I will end up picking it up down the road since Disc >>>>>>>>> DLC.
  • VoltFieberVoltFieber423,244
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 16:11
    Nothing can top Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (SEGA Ultimate Collection)! ;)
    So many good and great RPGs on one 1GB Disc for just 20€.
  • TardiiTardii275,334
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 16:51
    So, do these achievements stack with the downloaded versions of the game, or is it just the same games on disc?
    EA = Erroneous Achievements
  • mehatemexmehatemex115,666
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 16:59
    Rocketmen - It came from ur-anus shocklaugh

Great to see more arcades game hitting a dics and being available to more common people
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64310,289
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 17:03
    VoltFieber said:
    Nothing can top Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (SEGA Ultimate Collection)! ;)
    So many good and great RPGs on one 1GB Disc for just 20€.
    yeah i am with u man, but 1000GS was too little, and most of those chievos were too easy too ;)

sometimes when of of the collections game comes out on XBLA with new chievos, i buy it too. if the price is right.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.