Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Capcom Announces the Capcom Digital Collection

• StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS587,068
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 18:11, Edited on 15 December 11 at 18:11 by StarshadeFPS
    Where is Resident Evil classics we've been waiting for? I'll probably skip this, I have enough XBLA backlog.
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 18:33
    Looks pretty turd to me - none of those games appeal.
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 18:34
    Flock is the only title out of this that is of any interest to me.
    Sincerely,Your Dread Lord[img]http://homepage.mac.com/cyberskull/.Pictures/Me/FF6-CyberSkull_Long_Si
  • Posted on 15 December 11 at 19:33, Edited on 15 December 11 at 19:34 by Mike Langlois
    Here I was thinking it would involve Dead Rising...

Or Resident Evil....

Or, god forbid, atleast not include Street Fighter.

But I guess 24+ Street Fighter games just isn't enough.

....God, I really fucking hate Street Fighter.
    www.twitter.com/Mike_Langlois
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 December 11 at 20:26
    alklein92201 said:
    CoMANdo DOOM said:
    Shadow Enz said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Shadow Enz said:
    Since I've already got a couple of these, I will wait for this to drop to $10 before picking it up.
    I posted a per-item price listing just above your post. You should look over the list, see what it would cost to get the games you want, but don't have. Then decide if maybe $40 is good for you.

Look at my price breakdown above. These all combined cost $100 on the dot. They are already knocking the total price down 60%, off of (for the most part) already good prices, and that still isn't good enough? I knew the internet liked to complain, but GODDAMN SON
    I appreciate the price breakdown, but I was pretty aware of how much they were retailing for (on the marketplace) before this compilation. Since I didn't download all of those games, it means I felt they weren't worth their retail price, and thus, all combined (those that I don't have) are worth about $10 to me.

That make more sense? I never go by what an item sells for, I go by how much I'm willing to pay for it.
    Too bad they don't go by your prices then eh?
    If only... my wallet would be so much happier
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe we can get Shadow to start setting every game's price point from now on.
    Countless the dead slaughtered in your name. Not an utter of your voice have you once repaid.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,419,150
    Posted on 15 December 11 at 23:49
    Tardii said:
    So, do these achievements stack with the downloaded versions of the game, or is it just the same games on disc?
    It will likely be like the Plants vs Zombies / Zuma / Peggle disc. Where the achievements don't stack, and count towards the same list as their downloadable counterparts
  • Posted on 16 December 11 at 01:07
    's a pretty decent compilation - shame I've got all 'cept one of the titles, but I'll still pick it up once the price drops far enough... as someone already pointed out, it's nicer to have the disc than the download...

Hope it's a success though. It might encourage Capcom to release more of the games we'd like to see. Hell, they've already done some of them on the original Xbox, and the PS2, PSP, etc... I'm not even that fussed about HD remakes... I'd settle for the original games, unchanged...but with achievements :D

A lot of the CPS2 games would go down a treat - Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, etc. I'm guessing licensing would be the problem though...
    Drink the kool-aid!
  • Posted on 16 December 11 at 05:18
    Dude Rain said:
    I'd be stoked on this if I didn't already own all of the titles that I'm interested in.
    Thanks for posting my thoughts before I did :)
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 December 11 at 03:20, Edited on 17 December 11 at 03:21 by
    CoMANdo DOOM said:
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe we can get Shadow to start setting every game's price point from now on.
    The consumer base would be better off. But then my video game backlog would probably go 6 generations deep (so far my backlog goes 2 generations back to the PS1, Saturn, and N64).

alklein92201 said:
    Tardii said:
    So, do these achievements stack with the downloaded versions of the game, or is it just the same games on disc?
    It will likely be like the Plants vs Zombies / Zuma / Peggle disc. Where the achievements don't stack, and count towards the same list as their downloadable counterparts
    Namco's greatest hits does the exact same thing.
    "You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka312,686
    Posted on 18 December 11 at 16:03
    FLOCK!

The one game I wish would just fuckin' lower in price!
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.