Game Discussion: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron Multi-Genre Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 11 June 16 at 09:44
    Please use this thread to discuss this games classification under the new multi-genre system.

Click here to cast your votes.
  • ネメシスネメシス1,453,628
    Posted on 11 June 16 at 12:23
    Its Bayonetta only not as good. Hack n slash.
  • misfit119misfit1191,179,210
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 20:32
    There's also a pretty heavy focus on platforming in some of the stages. So that seems like it should be noted.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • ネメシスネメシス1,453,628
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 21:06
    So does bayonetta, dmc, ninja gaiden, ninja blade, dantes inferno and so on...
    That doesnt make these games platformers and adding such a tag would piss off alot of people tbh
  • misfit119misfit1191,179,210
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 21:59
    Momiji said:So does bayonetta, dmc, ninja gaiden, ninja blade, dantes inferno and so on...
    That doesnt make these games platformers and adding such a tag would piss off alot of people tbh
    I could care less about pissing people off. I care about being accurate to the way a game is played. As such I strongly remember there being fairly substantial parts to El Shaddai that were all about platforming and not combat as opposed to those others where platforming makes up a small bit of the gameplay. And honestly this is less Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, etc. and more of its own thing. Those games are all about complicated combos and upgrading weapons, this really isn't. It's about knowing how to use each weapon.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 January 18 at 11:27
    Doesn't this game also incorporate RPG elements into it?
  • Information
    Posted on 29 April 21 at 01:28
    Mortilect has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    This game should also be classified as a platformer. There is substantial focus on platforming, with many levels being comprised mostly of platforming challenges.
  • NajayNajay143,295
    Posted on 06 May 21 at 21:35
    Our team disagreed to platforming being added. Sure, some later stages have platforming segments, but in the grand scheme of things, they're minimal, like a lot of AAA Action-Adventure games. This game is more so a basic HnS through and through.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads