Game Discussion: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Forum

Achievements language

AuthorMessage
REAPERMRDEATH
Posted on 11 June 16 at 21:39
So my achievements for the MGS PW are all in Japanese. Is there a way to change this or am I going to have to learn Japanese?
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 11 June 16 at 23:30
Weird, is your profile's region set to Japan by any chance? That's the only thing I know of that would cause that. If not, try redownloading your profile, that might shake something loose.
REAPERMRDEATH
Posted on 12 June 16 at 14:31
I don't think my profile is the problem. My settings are Brazil/Portuguese, so nothing weird there, the thing is: I bought the game from the Xbox live store and I guess that the problem is there.
FunkyAriberto
FunkyAriberto
Posted on 12 June 16 at 15:36
I noticed a while back that my achievements in Lost Odyssey switched from English to Japanese. My game is on disc.
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 12 June 16 at 19:31
Ok, from the moment I read this thread I had this nagging feeling that I'd heard this about this game before so I did a quick search.

It turns out this is something of a known issue. I was able to find multiple people reporting the same issue, though nobody seems to have figured out the cause. Oddly enough, one of the other people I saw who had this problem also mentioned that their region is set to Brazil, which seems like an odd coincidence to me but I kinda doubt that's the issue. Either way, you're certainly not alone.
KDiamond1973
KDiamond1973
Posted on 21 July 16 at 10:17
Russian locale and the same thing.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.