Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Introduces Xbox Play Anywhere And New Xbox Live Features

AuthorMessage
terrett101
terrett101
Posted on 13 June 16 at 22:14
A uniform platform for Xbox and Windows 10

Please click here to read the story: Microsoft Introduces Xbox Play Anywhere And New Xbox Live Features

External link: http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/13/xbox-e3-2016-briefing-news-r...
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 13 June 16 at 22:18
Language region independence, doesn't do anything for me but I'm glad they're finally doing it for those who wanted it!
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
The High Python
Posted on 13 June 16 at 22:22
Do I have to purchase the games digitally to get them for free on Win 10? Hopefully I can purchase physical copies and get the game digitally on Win 10.... Anyone know for sure?
pauldnb
pauldnb
Posted on 13 June 16 at 22:24
All I heard was the word Digital so not sure about if a physical copy would let you have both I am sure there will be more information soon.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 13 June 16 at 22:25
Almost guarantee digital only.
The High Python
Posted on 13 June 16 at 22:31
Damn that's what I thought :/
LAZY SHIKAMARUX
Posted on 13 June 16 at 22:36
Smithy440 said:Do I have to purchase the games digitally to get them for free on Win 10? Hopefully I can purchase physical copies and get the game digitally on Win 10.... Anyone know for sure?I highly doubt physical copies will get cross buy. People will pop in the game to get a free copy then return it, or people will sell off their extra codes like Quantum Break. I'm willing to bet they'll automatically apply the game to your account without a code.

As a collector who prefers physical games, I would be annoyed (but understanding) if they went down that route.
I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
The High Python
Posted on 13 June 16 at 22:40
LAZY SHIKAMARUX said:Smithy440 said:Do I have to purchase the games digitally to get them for free on Win 10? Hopefully I can purchase physical copies and get the game digitally on Win 10.... Anyone know for sure?I highly doubt physical copies will get cross buy. People will pop in the game to get a free copy then return it, or people will sell off their extra codes like Quantum Break. I'm willing to bet they'll automatically apply the game to your account without a code.

As a collector who prefers physical games, I would be annoyed (but understanding) if they went down that route.
Same here man, that's why I was hoping physical copies would be included. Oh well, can keep focusing on my 360 collection lol
FUBL
FUBL
Posted on 14 June 16 at 01:00
What could be intresting is if i remeber right Microsoft did do that Poll about "trading in" digital games a few months back if they do something like that or some sort of discount program it could make the play anywhere a real deal
RJ7
RJ7
Posted on 14 June 16 at 01:27
Can't wait for arena.
Other than that the cross play is awesome, not that i have any PC's that could run any of these games, but its good to know its there.
Kyo
Kyo
Posted on 14 June 16 at 04:27
Smithy440 said:Do I have to purchase the games digitally to get them for free on Win 10? Hopefully I can purchase physical copies and get the game digitally on Win 10.... Anyone know for sure?The only way that could work is if they started selling the discs with CD keys to prove you own the game, and I don't see that happening with console games. Most likely will be digital only.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 14 June 16 at 08:59
I just watched the part of E3 that this is in, and you have missed one of my most wanted features!

Background music!!!
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 14 June 16 at 13:15
Elyoh said:Language region independence, doesn't do anything for me but I'm glad they're finally doing it for those who wanted it!Finallyyy I can change my Xbox One locale to DK and language to ENG. wink
gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
Delith
Delith
Posted on 14 June 16 at 13:20
Wait, background music? Like we can play Pandora and a game at the same time? Or does the music have to reside locally on the Xbox? Ugh, now I got to search the web!
Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
terrett101
terrett101
Posted on 14 June 16 at 20:40
Elyoh said:I just watched the part of E3 that this is in, and you have missed one of my most wanted features!

Background music!!!
Thanks for the reminder Elyoh, I've included it now.
SPARTAN FITZY
SPARTAN FITZY
Posted on 12 September 16 at 00:41
what i really wanna know is if i unlock all the achievements out of the xbox one version then take my save to the win 10 version will they all unlock as well or will i have to do it all again
Bad boy fitzy1
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 12 September 16 at 00:46
bad boy fitzy1 said:
what i really wanna know is if i unlock all the achievements out of the xbox one version then take my save to the win 10 version will they all unlock as well or will i have to do it all again
One list of achievements, no stacks.
gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.