The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: June 14th, 2016

• Posted on 15 June 16 at 07:24
    Akirakorn said:Wow 2 free games, and I'm not sure if it's still there or why it was 50% off but I saw both Xbox 360 and Xbone versions of Halo Spartan Assault were on sale yesterday... just saying.Thanks man. I went on Xbox.com and the discount wasn't showing but it was on the 360 store, so at least in Ausralia it is discounted ($6.75 I think)
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 15 June 16 at 09:45
    ixnay37 said:Anybody with the slightest interest in the original forza horizon should jump on that season pass for $5, since going by the licensing schedule for previous forza games all the DLC for it will disappear without warning this fall.^ This.

It happened with FM2, FM3 & FM4 - one last big discount, then removed from marketplace.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 15 June 16 at 11:51
    i must be tired, i read the Forza Motorsport sale as

Forza Motorsport 6 "Douche Expansion" lol
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,995,230
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82553,724
    Posted on 15 June 16 at 13:07
    So far I'm enjoying Battlefield 4 thanks to the free EA Access. I wonder if I should buy it anyway.
    Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
  • Posted on 15 June 16 at 18:39
    Looks like ill finally pick up Battlefield 4 what a steal.
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye219,423
    Posted on 15 June 16 at 20:28
    layout looking good,

has the Battlefront season pass ever been on sale? they keep discounting the bundle but I already have the game I just want the extra content!
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion1,169,734
    Posted on 15 June 16 at 20:48
    ^ that's the norm anymore. Look at Watch_Dogs as an example of just the DLC rarely if ever going on sale. Complete Edition goes on sale regularly but season pass never does.

It is almost discouraging people from buying a base game, and just waiting for the GOTY to get released.
  • VoragaVoraga160,222
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 00:33
    I wonder if i should get crysis 2 and 3 since i have the first. that 6 month achievement on 2 is really off putting though.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 02:24, Edited on 16 June 16 at 03:05 by HolyHalfDead
    WWE 2K16 Playable Free From June 16th - 19th for Xbox Live Gold Members
    also
    WWE 2K16 50% off
    - Digital Deluxe Edition (includes Season Pass) 60% off

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog

and quite a few Recent Price Drops (not all regions)
    Kings Quest
    - Season Pass - Chapter 2-5 17% drop
    Murdered: Soul Suspect 33% drop
    Mortal Kombat X 25% drop
    Tour de France 2015 40% drop
    THIEF 33% drop
    Murdered: Soul Suspect (Xbox 360) 25% drop
    THIEF (Xbox 360) 50% drop
    Dungeon Siege III 25% drop
    Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days 40% drop
    Supreme Commander 2 50% drop
    Destiny
    - The Taken King for Destiny (Xbox 360) (includes Expansion Pass) 25% drop (has achievements)

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's blog post - Recent Price Drops (Updated 15th June 2016)

Boots Orion said:It is almost discouraging people from buying a base game, and just waiting for the GOTY to get released.No need to wait for GOTYE to be released anymore, as they are almost always released on the same day as the base game now.

The publishers don't want you picking up a $60 game for $5, and then have you pick up the $30 add-on for $15. They would rather you bought the $80 GOTYE in a sale for 50% off at $40, and if they can't have that then they will settle for $35 from the game+add-ons. They simply don't want you to get your hands on all $80 worth for just $20 in total. They have no control over people selling games on eBay for $5, but they sure as hell control the price of add-ons.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 16 June 16 at 05:03
    Free Limbo for X1? Why not? Played it on 360 and liked it enough to play again.
  • DCM7734DCM7734219,251
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 05:47
    Skate 3 is on sale? has anybody heard new anything since E3 about it possibly becoming BC?
    Bah Humbug.
  • DakyDaky418,014
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 12:22
    NegativeCreep08 said:Anyone else in the UK unable to download Tekken Tag? I keep getting the error code saying it's unavailable in my regionI'm in Croatia with a UK account. Can't download it either.

Voraga said:I wonder if i should get crysis 2 and 3 since i have the first. that 6 month achievement on 2 is really off putting though.Don't get Crysis 2. It has a glitchy achievement that's gonna piss you off.
    Daky1001
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie874,500
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 13:47
    Daky1001 said:Don't get Crysis 2. It has a glitchy achievement that's gonna piss you off.That one glitchy achievement is nothing compared to the stupid multiplayer achievements that supposedly work just fine. I'd rather play the campaign a third time than sit in multiplayer boosting sessions for the next 20 hours of my life.
  • Bandicoot V2Bandicoot V2214,345 214,345 GamerScore
    Posted on 16 June 16 at 14:36
    Darth Knight said:Hardline is only £3.74? Wow. Doubt I'll buy it though, done the campaign, have no interest in their awful Multiplayer.

Bought Crash Mutants earlier for £3.74, seems to be quite a rare game based on ebay prices, reccommend picking it up now, however its very odd that the US price is $9.99.
    I'm enjoying their MP , maybe because i got bored of BF4, but i wish i waited as i bought it last week £15 :(
  • Posted on 17 June 16 at 09:44
    HARDLINE £3.75 is it worth 40 k kill's in mp :-(
    I saw the game in a bargain bin in comet and i walked right pass it ,i thought fuck that was close.
  • DCM7734DCM7734219,251
    Posted on 17 June 16 at 15:42
    CYPRIOT CleANER said:HARDLINE £3.75 is it worth 40 k kill's in mp :-(HELL TO THE NO!
    Bah Humbug.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,150,112
    Posted on 17 June 16 at 22:01
    ChewieOnIce said:Profilia said:PARAcain said:Why the free games?Because they're awesome.But actually because it's E3 and they go along with the announcements of the new game from the LIMBO dev and the Tekken 7 details.I was wondering this as well. Thanks.
  • DCM7734DCM7734219,251
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 03:44
    XI AlphaMale IX said:ChewieOnIce said:Profilia said:PARAcain said:Why the free games?Because they're awesome.But actually because it's E3 and they go along with the announcements of the new game from the LIMBO dev and the Tekken 7 details.I was wondering this as well. Thanks.Wait, what free games? The GWG stuff?
    Bah Humbug.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,129,984
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 08:27
    DCM7734 said:
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Profilia said:
    PARAcain said:
    Why the free games?
    Because they're awesome.
    But actually because it's E3 and they go along with the announcements of the new game from the LIMBO dev and the Tekken 7 details.
    I was wondering this as well. Thanks.
    Wait, what free games? The GWG stuff?
    Reading the article and looking for a price of free will probably get you an answer quicker than waiting for a reply wink
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads