Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

A Discussion With Mike Ybarra About Future Xbox System Updates

AuthorMessage
VestedTomb32
VestedTomb32
Posted on 16 June 16 at 03:31
From items currently in Preview, to those coming later this year

Please click here to read the story: A Discussion With Mike Ybarra About Future Xbox System Updates

External link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHzi1pA2z3s
deutschZuid
deutschZuid
Posted on 16 June 16 at 05:29
Most of the social features are not applicable to me but I can see how they could be good for people who are into multiplayer gaming. Language and region unlock should have been there in the first place, but good to see that it's here now. Game / app collection screen - small change as far as i am concerned. Cortana - not sure how it will work with the region/language unlock. It's not available to NZ on Windows 10, so I am not expecting it to be available for NZ on the Xbone either. Overall.. nothing really terribly exciting.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 16 June 16 at 05:45
When is background music coming? The only thing they announced that I care about laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Antr0p0phagus
Antr0p0phagus
Posted on 16 June 16 at 06:14
"Language and region unlock, which lets players separate their language from their region easily. "

Omg, finally!
Hacdragam
Hacdragam
Posted on 16 June 16 at 06:19
With the Language and Region Unlock, can we hopefully get access to Chinese marketplace. So far only one of the Chinese region games (Monkey King Saga) is getting worldwide release.
Hackers are those that push the boundaries of comprehensive systems, not groups like Anonymous and Lizard Squad which are known as "Crackers".
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 16 June 16 at 06:50
Hacdragam said:With the Language and Region Unlock, can we hopefully get access to Chinese marketplace. So far only one of the Chinese region games (Monkey King Saga) is getting worldwide release.All regions (Bar China) are already, and have always been, unlocked for the X1. This only unlocks the ability to change your language from the default for your country. China's laws mean MS can't make it region free like it can literally every other region.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 16 June 16 at 08:34
When will they let us delete 0 Gamerscore games?
I might just stroll down there and code it myself. I mean I programmed a Pong game in C# in 2008 for university how hard can it be.
Mart 128
Mart 128
Posted on 16 June 16 at 10:24
Like Elyoh asked so need bgm, its either loose the front speakers to tunes or race with no music which sucks
MGT128
Gannon94
Gannon94
Posted on 16 June 16 at 11:42, Edited on 16 June 16 at 11:44 by Gannon94
Can someone explain what the big deal about language and region lock is?
Do they just force the local language on you?
I'm Irish and its just always been English.
Gannon94
Gannon94
Gannon94
Posted on 16 June 16 at 11:47
FiveWizz said:When will they let us delete 0 Gamerscore games?
I might just stroll down there and code it myself. I mean I programmed a Pong game in C# in 2008 for university how hard can it be.
Second that, been waiting for this. My friend and I 'Home xbox share' and he let his girlfriends brother play forza on my account. I don't like driving games...
Gannon94
Deco76BR
Deco76BR
Posted on 16 June 16 at 12:49
Gannon94 said:Can someone explain what the big deal about language and region lock is?
Do they just force the local language on you?
I'm Irish and its just always been English.
Yes, they force your language with region. In fact you select your language and then the region that have it. For example if I want my region to be Brazil. I first have to select language to Português and then I have the option of Brazil and Portugal.

This means all games that have multi language support will show menus and subtitles in portuguese. Some will eve have audios in portuguese. Problem is I like to play games in English. Sometimes you find poor translations and even worse dubbing so I just prefer to play them in English.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 June 16 at 13:22
Done....unlocking
Anyone?
Also the storage problem I have enough space but still can't install killer instinct season 2.
WifelikeDrip
WifelikeDrip
Posted on 16 June 16 at 13:35
Option to turn off controller vibration? That would be nice.
ihavebaldtires
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 16 June 16 at 13:40
FiveWizz said:When will they let us delete 0 Gamerscore games?
Did you vote for it ?
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggesti...
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 16 June 16 at 14:42
Language and region unlock, which lets players separate their language from their region easily.Well hoo-fucking-ray, it's about time.
togethawiistand
Posted on 16 June 16 at 15:01
SilentJay76 said:Language and region unlock, which lets players separate their language from their region easily.Well hoo-fucking-ray, it's about time.Yeah. What about an option to permanently disable vibration through the console configurations instead of waiting to see if a game has or has not such option? That's pretty basic too.

All the other 'big' changes are perfurmery, as we say here.
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 16 June 16 at 18:26
Tanelorn82 said:FiveWizz said:When will they let us delete 0 Gamerscore games?
Did you vote for it ?
Sure did :))))) it's my personal number 1 needed update. Everyone here should vote for it tooo. At least they follow up with the request half the time
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 16 June 16 at 18:28
Gannon94 said:FiveWizz said:When will they let us delete 0 Gamerscore games?
Second that, been waiting for this. My friend and I 'Home xbox share' and he let his girlfriends brother play forza on my account. I don't like driving games...
Yeah my sister uses my Xbox to play games on her own account and it still adds it to my played list even though I wasn't playing. Frustrating and strange. Would love to knock them off the list it messes with my ocd.
Jonny V Centa
Jonny V Centa
Posted on 16 June 16 at 18:41
What about playing your own music while playing a game like on 360? It's pretty retarded that it wasn't a feature in the first place. I miss blasting Metallica whilst shooting shit up! rock
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 16 June 16 at 18:58
"Language and region unlock, which lets players separate their language from their region easily."

OMG FINALLY!!!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.