Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

A Discussion With Mike Ybarra About Future Xbox System Updates

AuthorMessage
Bar6arian
Bar6arian
Posted on 16 June 16 at 20:54
WifelikeDrip said:Option to turn off controller vibration? That would be nice.Yes
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” - H.P. Lovecraft
Commander Tano
Posted on 17 June 16 at 00:02
Hopefully they introduce another update for Cortana. She has issues understanding some simple commands that work fine on the Kinect after turning Cortana off.
EX: Switching from a snapped APP to a game / or the other way around.
"Hey Cortana, switch."
It fails about 95% of the time for me now, with her enabled.

______

The new games section is fantastic though. Love it.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 17 June 16 at 00:41
Commander Tano said:The new games section is fantastic though. Love it.My store has gone to crap, either I can see all the details of the item or nothing but the purchase button. Wanted to buy something yesterday, got frustrated at the stupid thing and used my computer instead laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
O V LORD ALDUIN
Posted on 17 June 16 at 00:47, Edited on 17 June 16 at 00:48 by O V LORD ALDUIN
How about deleting Achievements from your gamertag...the games that are glitch , cant beat do to servers shut down or just game we dont want to finish....how about that for an update
OV
planting42
planting42
Posted on 17 June 16 at 00:54
Hey Cortana, get off my Xbox!
http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 17 June 16 at 05:37
planting42 said:Hey Cortana, get off my Xbox!An advantage of living in a cortana-free country, I never have these troubles laugh
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 17 June 16 at 13:24
planting42 said:Hey Cortana, get off my Xbox!And, while you're at it, get off Win !0 as well.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 17 June 16 at 13:26
On the positive side, the region and language improvements have been requested by quite a few TA members.
JoaoToxic
JoaoToxic
Posted on 17 June 16 at 19:16
Xbox One started weak, but today the island has changed too , every update back relevant news. Best -generation console. dive
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 17 June 16 at 19:30
JoaoToxic said:Xbox One started weak, but today the island has changed too , every update back relevant news. Best -generation console. diveIMHO the 360 still has the better user interface. More importantly, Microsoft needs to fix the broken achievement system on the X1. The X1 still has a long way to go before it can fill its older sibling's big shoes.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 17 June 16 at 21:10
planting42 said:Hey Cortana, get off my Xbox!That's why you're having problems, you don't know how to talk to women!
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Commander Tano
Posted on 17 June 16 at 23:00
Elyoh said:Commander Tano said:The new games section is fantastic though. Love it.My store has gone to crap, either I can see all the details of the item or nothing but the purchase button. Wanted to buy something yesterday, got frustrated at the stupid thing and used my computer instead laughThe new store certaintly has some issues. With things off the screen and such for me.
But the games & apps section update has been really good so far.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 18 June 16 at 00:27
Generally I agree, it's much better. Just buggy as hell right now (For my store anyway) laugh
Wingnut da Cat
Posted on 18 June 16 at 03:19
Cortana actually work?
WWWEEEOOOWWW!
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 18 June 16 at 03:26
Wingnut da Cat said:Cortana actually work?Not really from what I've seen. More a gimmick.
Beast Incarnate
Posted on 18 June 16 at 07:05
Can they fix the Achievement App and website so Windows Phone, iOS, Android, and App lists/games actually appear on your achievement list. Also fix broken achievement lists that don't appear correctly like Galactic Reign (Windows 8) and Iron Brigade (GFWL). Those would be features I'd love to see. But on a non snarky note it makes it hard continue to care about achievements when certain games or lists are made not visible on your tag.
Beast
DJDemonic13
DJDemonic13
Posted on 20 June 16 at 11:11
So clubs will still be in Horizon 3, fantastic news as long as we don't have the same problems as occurred in Horizon 2. Everybody who has followed both Forza and Horizon knows that eventually some players will make use of illegal hacks\mods and as we all know this occurs so undoubtedly the games producers are also aware if only by the amount of decent racers who report these cheats. Now I love clubs for the social interaction among the members and in fact it was my club mates in Forza 4 helping me out with gifted tunes along with info and encouragement that stopped me packing Forza in totally.
However what did happen in Horizon 2 was that the cheaters passed the hacks\mods onto their team mates which meant that you didn't come across the occasional cheat but whole lobbies could be filled with them totally ruining the racing experience. Now Forza 6 does have the occasional hacker\modder every game does but not the large numbers we all saw in Horizon 2 so I would just like to know that the same thing will not occur within the teams in this release. I know these cheats are hard to police but if the game producers introduce penalties so severe that these cheats will have to think long and hard before using these hacks\mods maybe we could all just do what we all enjoy and that is race on a level playing field.
A.G.Patterson
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 20 June 16 at 13:57
Beast Incarnate said:Can they fix the Achievement App and website so Windows Phone, iOS, Android, and App lists/games actually appear on your achievement list. Also fix broken achievement lists that don't appear correctly like Galactic Reign (Windows 8) and Iron Brigade (GFWL). Those would be features I'd love to see. But on a non snarky note it makes it hard continue to care about achievements when certain games or lists are made not visible on your tag.More importantly, Microsoft needs to fix the X1 achievement system so achievements unlock when earned.
Hottub Cowboy
Posted on 25 June 16 at 05:25
Would like to be able to delete ) gamerscore games and demos.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.