Game Discussion: Bard's Gold

Skillbooks.. Where are they all?

• Posted on 18 June 16 at 17:38Permalink
    Missing 1 book! Does anyone know where they all are?
  • Calex dEUSCalex dEUS978,276
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 18:23, Edited on 18 June 16 at 18:23 by Calex dEUSPermalink
    Only have 3 so far, I know one came from the chest at the top of the tower of patience. Where did you find some of the others?
  • Posted on 18 June 16 at 18:50Permalink
    A hard one is level 2-2 u must not die and use a different weapon than the standard one. Collect all map pieces gets you a few. Just cant locate 1 last 1! Haha
    Posted on 18 June 16 at 20:33, Edited on 18 June 16 at 20:55 by Calex dEUSPermalink
    Cheers got that 2-2 one it was Fire Rate, thanks for the tip.

There is one for killing the Shadow Reptile on 2-4 it's called sharpening stone.
  • Jakez123Jakez1231,087,966
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 02:35Permalink
    Just need skill book 5, between Fire rate and Huge gem, any idea where it is?
  • Col PacmanCol Pacman1,402,033
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 07:00Permalink
    I found the last two on hidden platforms. Level 3-4, for me was in the top right corner. Just throw projectiles until you find the platform. The last one was I believe 4-4, if not then 4-3. It was also on the right side of the map, towards the middle of the level, vertically speaking. Hope this helps.
  • Jakez123Jakez1231,087,966
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 12:25Permalink
    Yea I got them, still missing fire Rate though.
    Posted on 19 June 16 at 18:16Permalink
    Jakez123 said:Yea I got them, still missing fire Rate though.Did you see my post above? I got fire rate, you have to go to 2-1 buy a new weapon in the shop and take it into 2-2 and an enemy will spawn there who drops a fire rate skill book. Unless the books that drops is random?
  • Posted on 21 June 16 at 00:29Permalink
    Thanks for the information. I'll get around to getting them when I can clear world 2.
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,238,636
    Posted on 21 June 16 at 08:08Permalink
    Col Pacman said:I found the last two on hidden platforms. Level 3-4, for me was in the top right corner. Just throw projectiles until you find the platform. The last one was I believe 4-4, if not then 4-3. It was also on the right side of the map, towards the middle of the level, vertically speaking. Hope this helps.It is 4-4. There's two Ghouls on the right side, you drop down on the platform with the lower one and you can shoot two invisibile platforms to find the book! Thanks for that.
  • FISKFISK940,025
    Posted on 22 June 16 at 16:01Permalink
    Found the power up book in the left hand corner in 4-2
    Posted on 22 June 16 at 20:33Permalink
    FISK said:Found the power up book in the left hand corner in 4-2Same for me.
  • Posted on 23 June 16 at 08:54Permalink
    Hey Calex, you said 1 skill book is in a chest in tower of patience. How do you get to it? I tried but the moving spheres keep pushing or knocking me out or away from the next platform l need to go. Any help or info would be great. Thanks.
  • AgentZachMorganAgentZachMorgan1,464,753
    Posted on 24 June 16 at 13:50, Edited on 24 June 16 at 13:55 by AgentZachMorganPermalink
    Calex dEUS said:Jakez123 said:Yea I got them, still missing fire Rate though.Did you see my post above? I got fire rate, you have to go to 2-1 buy a new weapon in the shop and take it into 2-2 and an enemy will spawn there who drops a fire rate skill book. Unless the books that drops is random?I just went from beating the world 1 boss with all items and the triple knives all the way through to the world 2 boss without dying and there was no enemy that dropped a fire rate book. That was on normal.

I then started a new game from world 2 on retro. Bought the triple knives on 2-1 and a giant bat spawned on 2-2 and it dropped the fire rate book.
    This is my comment, there are many like it but this one is mine.
  • puchulanderopuchulandero751,447
    Posted on 01 July 16 at 23:23Permalink
    i beat the game and the only achievement i need is bookworm, i found all the skill book except one!

The one i need is the last one, right down corner, anyone knows where can i find it?
    Kinect Forever
  • OXN3OXN3781,272
    Posted on 03 July 16 at 17:19Permalink
    Im missing one Skill book.

Ones I do have:- Maximum life, Extra Gem, Extra Time, Range Up, Fire Rate, Huge Gem, Bleed Axe, Contract for the Reaper, Twin Axe, Shield, Magic Glasses

What's the missing one and how do I get it?
    D o g m A.
  • Foamy036Foamy036470,832
    Posted on 05 July 16 at 07:49, Edited on 05 July 16 at 08:33 by Foamy036Permalink
    Posted a mostly complete guide for this.

Here's the guide anyway:

Row 1
    Maximum Life – I will survive!
    Increases Maximum Life by 1 (5 ranks)
    Start with one extra life per rank
    - Unlocked by default.

Extra Gem – oooOoo Shiny!
    10% increased chance per upgrade to get an extra gem drop on monster kill (5 Ranks)
    Better chance of additional gems from defeated enemies.
    - Defeat a Blood Ghost (found by discovering all the secrets on either world 1-2 or 1-5, they both have one) and loot the spawned chest for the first time.

Extra Time – Time is running out!
    Increased time by 20 seconds per upgrade (3 Ranks)
    Increases the timer before fire and brimstone rains down upon you.
    - Get to the top of the Tower of Patience on world 1-4 and loot the chest
    - This is a little tricky, but don’t worry the timer is paused whilst you’re here, no fire falls even if the timer has reached zero and the orbs that fly about don’t harm you, merely aggravate you by pushing you about, and there is no fall damage, so there is no way to die here, after enough patience and persistence, you’ll get there. Also, the right analogue stick can move the camera up and down if you need to see what’s above or below you.

Range up – Distance doesn’t matter
    Increase Attack range (7 Ranks)
    All weapons will travel further before disappearing.
    - Defeat the first boss for the first time and you will be rewarded with this.

Row 2
    Fire Rate – One Hand quicken!
    Increases Attack Speed (7 Ranks)
    This affects the throwing knife’s fire rate, and becomes insanely fast giving it an incredible DPS at higher ranks
    - Defeat the secret mini-boss One Eye on world 2-2 and loot the spawned chest.
    - To make One Eye spawn you must reach 2-2 with a weapon from the shop and not die before 2-2, this can be done by starting on 2-1.
    - One Eye is a giant bat type enemy that will try to swoop at you. Once spawned he will not despawn if you lose a life.

Huge Gem – My PRECIOUS..
    Adds Huge Gems to the game (1 Rank)
    No joke, HUGE, worth 50 gems on Normal, 60 on Retro, a chance to be found in chests and dropped if the prize from the roulette
    - Complete a map and loot the treasure chests in the treasure room that’s revealed.

Sharpening Stone – This won’t hurt a bit
    Increase effectiveness of Weapon modifier (2 Ranks)
    I… don’t actually know what this does exactly, my best guess is it increases bleeding damage/rate of bleeding damage when you get the bleeding upgrade from defeating a Blood Ghost and looting its chest… Confirmation would be appreciated.
    - Defeat the Shadow Reptile (on world 2-4) and loot the spawned chest for the first time.

Contract of Reaper – That is not a good idea…
    Unlocks Contract of Reaper in the shop (1 Rank)
    Gives you a new item in the shop
    - Defeat the final boss for the first time and you will be rewarded with this.

Row 3
    Twin Axes – Spinnin’ around..
    Unlocks the Twin Axes in the shop (1 Rank)
    Gives you a new weapon in the shop. Essentially acts as an upgrade to the Axe, throwing 2 at different set angles.
    - Defeat the third boss for the first time and you will be rewarded with this.

Shield – Feeling safe..
    Start the Game with the Shield equipped (1 Rank)
    Self-explanatory, surely?
    - Defeat the second boss for the first time and you will be rewarded with this.

Magic Glasses – I see shiny shinies..
    Start the Game with Magic glasses equipped (1 Rank)
    Still self-explanatory. Useful when starting from worlds 2, 3 or 4.
    - Found on World 3-4 after revealing a hidden platform. (The hidden platform I found this on was in the far top right corner of the map)

Power up – Workout is all done!
    Start the game with +1 Power (1 Rank)
    Still need me to explain?
    - This seems to be luck based requiring the correct map to be chosen for either on world 4-2 (Confirmed on Normal difficulty) or 4-4 (confirmation still needed) after revealing a hidden platform. (The hidden platform being in the far top left corner of the map)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.