Game Discussion: Magic Duels Forum

Questing Legend

AuthorMessage
Xpovos
Xpovos
162 completed games(Includes owned DLC)284,792 TrueAchievement Points1,071 posts
Last post: Today at 20:31
Posted on 31 May 17 at 16:00
Time for some theory crafting.

The manual tracking we've done so far indicates that unless we are imprecise, which is certainly possible when tracking such large numbers, but I'd assume we'd be close and the imprecision always on the long side, some quests we complete are not tracked as such by the internal and invisible counter.

Earlier we had some speculation that quests completed via online play may not be counted. Does anyone have any further evidence to support that, or disprove the hypothesis.

Are there any alternate hypotheses we might be able to test?

Obviously, testing this is a huge pain since the lowest level of granularity we have is 10 and because even then the time requirements are over a week.

Why the information about how many quests the game thinks you have completed isn't accessible somewhere is of course crazy. They are missing out on so many stat potentials. Total games. W/L data. Favored colors. Earlier games in the series had these, at least some of them. I guess keeping up with the logic and mechanics of the new cards is too big of a job to add in these niceties.
Time not important; only life important.
eayragt
eayragt
79,345 TrueAchievement Points339 posts
Last post: 15 Jun at 18:13
Posted on 31 May 17 at 20:50
Online quests definitely count - at least 30% of my quests in the last year have been multiplayer, and if they hadn't counted I would have never popped this achievement.

Apart from that... dunno. The theory that solo wins don't count if you've restarted the game sounds solid, but shouldn't affect quests... unless if you restart a game completing a quest doesn't count. Who knows!?!
Say everything with a smile
smrnov
smrnov
1,713 completed games(Includes owned DLC)TrueAchievement Site Rank: 1 out of 363,823174 posts
Last post: 20 Jun at 13:18
Posted on 20 June 17 at 13:18, Edited on 20 June 17 at 18:21 by smrnov
So I kept track in a spreadsheet for each quest I completed, and today when I completed #499 it finally popped. I thought I was really accurate as I put the name and date with each completed quest, but it's possible I missed one in the almost 22 months I've been keeping track. I was careful to never restart games and did mostly solo but did do versus matches as well.
Xpovos
Xpovos
162 completed games(Includes owned DLC)284,792 TrueAchievement Points1,071 posts
Last post: Today at 20:31
Posted on 20 June 17 at 15:03
Good news! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
Time not important; only life important.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.