Game Discussion: Dark Souls (PC) Forum

Looking for info

AuthorMessage
Roman Navel
Roman Navel
Posted on 21 June 16 at 18:12
I have found a disc copy for a "reasonable" price. But before I drop the cash, I'm hoping someone out there that has recently done this with a disc copy can provide some info. I have a PC but I only have 2 games for it (on Steam). So I am very, very new to all of this. I know the game will run fine, that's not a problem. But I have no clue how to go about making sure I properly earn the achievements through GFWL. Do I need to be in offline mode? I guess really any information that can be provided will be greatly appreciated as I'm not really sure where to begin with this. I have Windows 10. If you need any other info from me please let me know, and thank you for any help you can provide!
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 21 June 16 at 18:32
Refer to this thread for all the info: Can you earn achievements for this game if you buy it on Steam?

Any additional questions you have, I'll gladly answer.
What can change the nature of a man?
Roman Navel
Roman Navel
Posted on 21 June 16 at 18:37
Okay thanks! I'll definitely let you know if I have any other questions. I really appreciate it!
Roman Navel
Roman Navel
Posted on 21 June 16 at 19:02
Also, the two copies I'm watching on eBay are used, but the description mentions nothing about a key. I messaged the seller and they said it comes with a key. But I have no clue if the key will be valid. Does anyone on here have a copy for sale or know of any other places I could nab a copy? I'm really hoping to spend less than $50 for this.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 21 June 16 at 19:44
I am almost certain the keys are one-use only. Either way I would risk it, your best bet is sadly just to hope an unopened copy shows up on ebay, which happens from time to time.
Roman Navel
Roman Navel
Posted on 21 June 16 at 20:52
There's a guy on eBay in Poland with a sealed disc copy, but on the back is the Steam logo. I assume this would be a no go? It doesn't say GFWL anywhere
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 21 June 16 at 21:29
Yeah, that won't do you any good.
Roman Navel
Roman Navel
Posted on 21 June 16 at 21:59
Thought so
Er PaBlEtOr
Er PaBlEtOr
Posted on 22 June 16 at 21:34
I'm also trying to buy one, and I'll try to buy a used one on amazon.co.uk for £20 I'm gonna risk it. Also they sell it new, but for £55 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Die-DVD/dp/B007X...
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 23 June 16 at 01:46
Roman Navel said:There's a guy on eBay in Poland with a sealed disc copy, but on the back is the Steam logo. I assume this would be a no go? It doesn't say GFWL anywhereJust a tip for the future, the only GFWL that has Steam on the box but will still contain GFWL is Dawn of War II. When you installed that one it installed both Steam and GFWL. Other than that if you see the Steam icon but no GFWL assume it won't work.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Roman Navel
Roman Navel
Posted on 28 June 16 at 19:18
I might grab one from the UK when I get some more cash. I'd rather not risk it with a used one. The guy on eBay said the code is "probably used." And he's asking $55 for it, so I'd rather spend a few bucks more for a sealed one.
Roman Navel
Roman Navel
Posted on 01 July 16 at 20:36
Well it looks like I'm out of luck. The Amazon UK listings don't ship to the US... :(
Er PaBlEtOr
Er PaBlEtOr
Posted on 06 July 16 at 00:29
I really love this game, but I don't want to spend 65€ just to get the achievements again... I guess I need some luck and find one on ebay or something, I still might grab the second handed one but I don't want to risk it...
Roman Navel
Roman Navel
Posted on 06 July 16 at 20:56
Er PaBlEtOr said:I really love this game, but I don't want to spend 65€ just to get the achievements again... I guess I need some luck and find one on ebay or something, I still might grab the second handed one but I don't want to risk it...I wouldn't risk it. The guy on eBay in the UK with the two copies said the codes "may have been used." There's no way I'm spending $60 (or $120 to try both) to have them both be duds since I won't be able to return them. Anyone in the UK willing to mail me one if I buy one from Amazon UK? wave
Er PaBlEtOr
Er PaBlEtOr
Posted on 06 July 16 at 22:41
http://www.ebay.es/itm/PC-GAME-DVD-ROM-DARK-SOULS-PREPARE-TO... Found this one, I've contacted the guy on ebay and he says he haven't played the game before but he didn't get it factory new. It is 45€ and it is an special edition. Maybe I'm going to buy it, because he told me if the code was used I could return it. Btw he ships to USA, maybe you should take a look.
Roman Navel
Roman Navel
Posted on 08 July 16 at 00:37
Wow, that's very kind of them! I'd say go for it then!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.