Game Discussion: Fallout: New Vegas Forum

Difficulty to Complete? (What's really missable?)

AuthorMessage
DCM7734
DCM7734
Posted on 27 June 16 at 00:20
I was going the achievements after playing for a few hours, and with the way I play RPGs, I think I'll miss a few achievements.

What I'm asking is what do I need to get as soon as possible, so I don't have to do multiple playthroughs?
Bah Humbug.
Living Legends
Posted on 27 June 16 at 00:39
Your going to need a minimum of two playthroughs. My suggestion is to get the story part up to the point where you have to follow the guy to Caesar's camp. Play a the side missions DLC's and come back to the story later. As log as you do things that favor the three factions other than Caesar then you are doing well. Once your ready, make a master save point and run through each factions story quest. Complete it and reload master save and do the other one. Then do a hardcore run favoring Caesar Nd you should be good. There are a lot of achievements that can be missed but if you look at the ones that they are under the flags then you should be fine.
DCM7734
DCM7734
Posted on 27 June 16 at 01:08
Oh good lord.

If I have to do all that, I might as well just play normally, then have a 2nd play through to get anything I missed.
Bah Humbug.
Living Legends
Posted on 27 June 16 at 01:38
You can go that route, I did everything my first play through except Caesar's quest. I think my second playthroughs took four or five hours to complete. Made a powerful melee character and bashed my way to the victory line
I ManuBad iT I
Posted on 27 June 16 at 20:08
Nothing is impossible. Happy hunting & play 4 fun toast
The life is hard, if you are tard is hardest!
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 19 July 16 at 15:00
I would also like to reduce it to a single play-through to collect as many achievements as possible. The Walkthrough provided on TA requires a number of Base and regulars saves (which I am OK with), however, a few, critical tips to avoid the most costly (score), difficult, or elusive acheevos would be helpful.
kh
Living Legends
Posted on 19 July 16 at 16:29
Like my post above. Once you reach the point in which you have to follow Benny to Caesar's camp is where your story quest stops do everything else that favors Mr house and the NCR. I did all the DLC's and side quests and leveled up to max before restarting the story line. Make a master save at that point and go into Caesar's camp and do all quests for the stories except Caesar's. He will be hostile by then but your mop up playthrough which will be number two will go by so fast if you remove the DLC's and patch and do the level cap glitch. I was able to get all my achievements for each kind of weapon, food, etc on my first playthrough
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 22 July 16 at 05:21
Living Legends said:
Your going to need a minimum of two playthroughs.
Why do you say two? I did the game and all the DLC's in one playthrough, with one base save before you start the quests that lead to the four endings. I finished all the non-storyline achievements before starting on the four endings.

Hardcore mode doesn't make the game much harder so it's not worth doing a second playthrough just to get the achievement when you can do it in one. Hardcore means you just have to drink and eat occasionally but you get used to that. I didn't even bother disabling it after getting the achievement because the game is more fun with it enabled.
Posting from sunny Australia.
DCM7734
DCM7734
Posted on 22 July 16 at 19:29
I've actually already returned the game. I might get it again if it is in demand, as I plan on returning to streaming in the middle of next month.
Bah Humbug.
xBrushedRedx
xBrushedRedx
Posted on 09 September 16 at 21:14
Not sure how far you've gotten now but always make sure to make a character with speech 100. It saves your but here and there and a 100 speech completely can bypass the final boss
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.