The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: June 28th, 2016

• I Argonaut II Argonaut I543,343
    Posted on 28 June 16 at 23:16
    If you don't have Zheroes for some reason, you gotta buy it. $10 is a steal for such a interesting game with robust story. The gameplay is Amazing!
  • Posted on 28 June 16 at 23:18
    I Argonaut I said:If you don't have Zheroes for some reason, you gotta buy it. $10 is a steal for such a interesting game with robust story. The gameplay is Amazing!Good, sarcastic post. 10/10wink
  • Posted on 28 June 16 at 23:54
    Teslagrad for me! Nice ME DLC sale for those needing them.
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Posted on 29 June 16 at 00:11
    Mass Effect 2 is a good game and its DLC is somewhat remarkable. I'll never forget Lair of the Shadow Broker.

Now, OMG, RS Vegas 2 a BC and for free! I loved that game. The challenges are great, the gear and options too... And perhaps now there will be people to do the online achievements with.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,194,516
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 00:45
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:Rhyolitic said:spankyNspronkle said:Does DC Universe require a sub-fee? I thought it was a F2P MMO...

If there is F2P and P2P component, can the game be completed without reaching in your pocked for sub time?
    It is F2P. You get benefits from subbing, but iirc, it is not necessary to 1k the base game. You're just limited in the powersets you can use and some of the other features.
    And there's also the ridiculous queue times (hours) to even start playing if you aren't subbed.
    The game can be completed for free currently (DLC may change this, of course). You'll need to drop at least 5 dollars on it to avoid the worst queue times, unless something has changed since I played.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • marksmango1dmarksmango1d177,475
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 00:48
    Damn it knew it. Should have waited until Mass Effect dlc went on sale. Haven't even played it since I bought it. Could have saved more than $15.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,363,084
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 00:49
    Thank god...i thought NBA2k would never go on sale...Was also hoping for GTA V though..maybe with some cashcards too..oh well...you cant have everything...
  • KillipoKillipo346,023
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 01:57
    I just want to play a newer DOA game at a used game price.

One of my favorite experiences with any fighting game was when I picked up DOA 2 Ultimate from Costco for 20 bucks, and played it for months straight. That was on the original Xbox, and I have been turned off of their model since DLC infected it.

If I remember right, DOA2 had about as many costumes and characters, and it took effort to unlock them. I enjoyed doing that. Did any of the other DOA games live up to DOA 2 in that regard?
  • FoogaFooga1,976,334
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 02:29
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:Rhyolitic said:spankyNspronkle said:Does DC Universe require a sub-fee? I thought it was a F2P MMO...

If there is F2P and P2P component, can the game be completed without reaching in your pocked for sub time?
    It is F2P. You get benefits from subbing, but iirc, it is not necessary to 1k the base game. You're just limited in the powersets you can use and some of the other features.
    And there's also the ridiculous queue times (hours) to even start playing if you aren't subbed.
    The queue times are almost nonexistent now. The hype for the game really died down since release with the Xbox crowd.
    Currently playing: Titanfall
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,363,084
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 02:57
    Killipo said:I just want to play a newer DOA game at a used game price.

One of my favorite experiences with any fighting game was when I picked up DOA 2 Ultimate from Costco for 20 bucks, and played it for months straight. That was on the original Xbox, and I have been turned off of their model since DLC infected it.

If I remember right, DOA2 had about as many costumes and characters, and it took effort to unlock them. I enjoyed doing that. Did any of the other DOA games live up to DOA 2 in that regard?
    I don't know how hard your job is..but since the costumes are now all microtransactions. The effort to get them, relies solely on how hardearned your cash is
  • zzUrbanSpacemanzzUrbanSpaceman1,044,764
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 03:20
    Fooga said:The queue times are almost nonexistent now. The hype for the game really died down since release with the Xbox crowd.Oh, really? I may actually give it a try now then. Dive it, so to speak. ;)
    Zed to Zed achievement podcast! http://zedtozed.com
  • Posted on 29 June 16 at 04:40
    Silicon Iceman said:Good to see the Mass Effect DLC on sale. That rarely happens. Even after buying the Mass Effect Trilogy, it came with very little (if any) DLC. Now, I can finish 2 and 3.

Titanfall for $5 seems like a no-brainer, although I wonder how many people still play it regularly.

Thanks for posting this, Chweie and HolyHa1fDead.
    I don't know about the Xbox 360 version but the Xbox One still has a good sized community, enough to play the popular modes through the week and really picks up on the weekends.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76619,821
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 10:10, Edited on 29 June 16 at 10:12 by SilentJay76
    NO1KEV said:I mean some of the old 200gs xbla titles are still £10-£15 who the fuck will buy them when they can get 1000gs games for £5-£10 on the x1?!The 80% of people who don't give a flying fuck about gamerscore and actually play games for, you know... fun.
  • Posted on 29 June 16 at 10:34
    Hope to see mass effect 2 on backward.... please MS!!
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan814,945
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 11:00
    Are the Mass Effect 3 DLCs worth it ?
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76619,821
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 11:24, Edited on 29 June 16 at 11:25 by SilentJay76
    BlackxRyan said:Are the Mass Effect 3 DLCs worth it ?Haven't played them myself, but the internet says yes. I'll be picking them up as soon as I stop getting error messages from the store.

I don't think it's possible to get them any cheaper, since there's no GOTY edition or anything.
  • Posted on 29 June 16 at 12:58
    Get them, they're hardly ever on sale.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan814,945
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 13:25
    Ok, I'll get them, I'm a big fan of the series.
  • Posted on 29 June 16 at 15:06
    I don't understand how some of this DLC is still so expensive. Mass Effect 2 came out in 2010! Why don't these things have regular price drops? A 6 year old game should not still have $15 dlc.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.