Game Discussion: Xbox Fitness

Real-Time Rivalry and Run the Day tricks

• MathGuy42MathGuy42647,060
    Posted on 30 June 16 at 19:08, Edited on 07 July 16 at 15:23 by MathGuy42
    With Xbox Fitness's impending closure, I'm looking for ways to speed up the most time consuming achievements. I've had some success finding quicker ways to progress in
    Xbox FitnessReal-Time RivalryThe Real-Time Rivalry achievement in Xbox Fitness worth 925 pointsWin 200 drill challenges against friends.
    and
    Xbox FitnessRun the DayThe Run the Day achievement in Xbox Fitness worth 1677 pointsEarn 5,000 stars in Xbox Fitness!
    that I'd like to share with the community. If anyone would like to turn these tricks into a solution, feel free. Just point back to this thread, please.

See this solution for the well-known trick to get to 100 stamp cards.

Unfortunately, I've found no tricks for Peak Performance. If anyone finds any great tips, please post here.

Real-Time Rivalry

You do need to beat 200 friend challenges, but it's possible to stack the deck in your favor.

1. Choose any workout and play it badly with a second account. I did the Demo and got one star on each drill. (I'm not sure the one star was necessary, but I thought it might guarantee that drills were recorded.) Follow the second account.

2. Play the workout with your main account. Hopefully you see your second account listed in the middle bar during the intro. If you see another friend, you'll need to temporarily delete them off your Friends List. The game seems to always pick a rival with the highest overall score.

3. At least in the Demo, challenges never seem to come up in Drill 1 and 2. (Though they can come up in Drill 2 if you go ahead to Drill 4, then back to Drill 2.) So skip ahead to Drill 3.

4a. If you get a friend challenge against your second account, great! Beat the score. Move on to the next drill.

4b. If you get a different drill challenge (against community or yourself), then sorry. Skip ahead to the next drill. During a workout, a drill can only have one challenge. Repeating the drill is useless.

4c. If you get no drill at all, then Pause and hit Rewind once to restart the same drill. Keep doing this until a challenge appears so that 4a or 4b is applicable.

5. Repeat Step 4 until you are on the last drill. The last drill never seems to have a challenge. Just Quit or Skip to End of Workout. Do not Repeat, since the challenges will not reset. You'll never get a new challenge on any drill if you followed Step 4, until you go back to the Main Menu to restart the workout from there.

With these steps I usually get 1-3 Friend Challenges during the Demo. Theoretically I could get 7, but that would take tremendous luck.

Edit: If your 2nd account "friend" does some other workouts, the game might stop giving you friend challenges from the Demo. Go back with your 2nd account and redo the Demo. This seemed to get friend challenges going for me again.

Run the Day

You do need 5000 stars, but I have two tricks. One trick works for anyone. Another works for those who own Tai Chi for Beginners.

Trick for anyone
    I will use the Demo as an example.

1. Start the workout. Do well on Drill 1. You should have around 1000 FP.

2. Do pretty well on Drill 2. Try to have 2400 FP total. Do not get to 2500.

3. Start Drill 3. When you reach 2500 total, you should gain a star. No need to do the whole 40 seconds.

4. Rewind to Drill 2. Go to Step 2 and repeat as long as you like.

Rewinding to the start of Drill 3 gives the appearance of adding a star, but it doesn't count towards the achievement. You need to go back to Drill 2 to trick the system. (I am basing this on experimentation with a recent 30 star challenge.)

Trick for Tai Chi owners

Session 2A is 12 minutes long and consists mainly of static stretches. The game will give plenty of FP for you standing still. Or even just something standing still. I set up an ironing board to take my place. The board just barely earns 5 stars at the end.

Using a turbo controller to hit cn_A will repeat the workout when it is finished. So you can get 50 stars (1% progress) in about 2 hours, unattended.

I had purchased Tai Chi for a low impact workout. I did not expect to use it as a no impact workout. smile

Good luck to you all.
  • hunterIVhunterIV391,278
    Posted on 30 June 16 at 19:14
    So, the trick for anyone method... is that just a quick way to gain 5 stars in a workout and end it faster than completing it or is it you get an actual star of progress every time you rewind to drill 2 and then get back up to 2500?
    Posted on 30 June 16 at 19:20
    You get 1 star towards the achievement for each time you repeat the cycle. Theoretically you could do all 5000 stars during one workout. Drill 2 is about 25 seconds long and you need to go a bit into Drill 3. Plus time to rewind, so you're probably getting about 1 star per minute.

When you're done repeating the cycle, it will still look like you only have one star done on the workout. You'll still only see 2500 FP and one star if you pause the workout.
  • angelskangelsk997,498
    Posted on 01 July 16 at 10:54
    Is Tai Chi available for Gold peeps or was it a buy only one? Thanks!
    Posted on 01 July 16 at 12:10
    Sorry to say it was for purchase only. There's no way to get it now if you didn't previously purchase it.
  • angelskangelsk997,498
    Posted on 01 July 16 at 12:39
    MathGuy42 said:Sorry to say it was for purchase only. There's no way to get it now if you didn't previously purchase it.Darn. Thanks though
  • EricGarcia4EricGarcia4623,187
    Posted on 02 July 16 at 14:13
    The Demo one work still. Just did it now. Went from 8% to 10%. But unfortunately when you are going for the Demo workout you may not be gainings grounds on Peak Performance.

The Drill 2 starts at the 42 SECOND mark. Drill 3 stars at the 1:10 mark (28 SECONDS TOTAL; Yes, lets break it down).

If you follow MathGuy42's method, you can get 1 STAR every 30 seconds. Which means you can get 2 STARS a minute.

5,000/2 = 2,500/60minutes = 41.66

That is 41.66 (41hours and 40 minutes) TOTAL to 5,000 stars.

I am at 10% so for me that is 37.5hours to complete. Hope this information helps.

*Also, I went over the 1 STAR requirement points on the DEMO and rewinded, I was still able to get progress. It is ok to go over here and there but you can only progress by getting the STAR on drill 3.

NICE JOB MathGuy42.
    Posted on 02 July 16 at 14:48
    Thanks! Glad it's working for you.

If you want to make progress on Peak Performance simultaneously, you could find a workout and drill that you know gives jumping progress and use it in place of Drill 2. So based on your solution for Peak Performance, if you could set up your score to earn a star during Mossa Fight #1, Fight Sequence 5, Round 3, then you could keep repeating Round 2 and 3. They would take the place of Demo Drill 2 and 3.
    Posted on 02 July 16 at 20:11
    10 Minute Solution Knockout Body Blast.

I am at 3,800 POINTS. 3,900 gets you 1 STAR. Drill 13: Box Shuffle is 5 seconds and Drill 14: Flipper Jacks is 5 seconds long as well.

I am gonna do this now and post and EDIT below of the results.
    Posted on 02 July 16 at 20:59, Edited on 02 July 16 at 21:42 by EricGarcia4
    It works. I just progressed 3 percent in the past 30-32 Minutes.

Given that you have to Press Start every time and correctly select the Drill you are wasting some time. I was averaging 1% every 11minutes and 10 seconds. I just went from 10% to 16% in one night.

18.33hours to get 5,000 STARS. Hope this information helps!
  • angelskangelsk997,498
    Posted on 02 July 16 at 21:09
    Can you explain fully the process for those of us that would like the same success? :) Thank you.
    Posted on 02 July 16 at 23:06
    Sorry, I tried to be as thorough as I could think to be. Which steps are unclear? I'm happy to edit what needs clarification.
    Posted on 03 July 16 at 07:49
    ALSO, my Peak Performance Progress move 1% doing minimal effort too with my workout selection. I was shocked when the bar moved. Since Drill 14 your legs glow as if you are squatting as well. If anyone can look test this out, please share with the group.
  • angelskangelsk997,498
    Posted on 03 July 16 at 07:50
    I think I'm just being dumb. I don't understand what you're explaining. Do you mean you get credit for more than 5 stars for a single workout? Sorry!
    Posted on 03 July 16 at 09:29
    You get credit for 1 STAR only every time you make it to Drill 14. Rewind back to Drill 13 and do the process over again to get another STAR, you will always go back to 0 STARS and once Drill 14 you will get 1 STAR again. You basically just want to keep getting 1 star over and over again. 50 stars equals 1%.
  • angelskangelsk997,498
    Posted on 03 July 16 at 10:31
    So the achievement counter will go up even though you can only get 5 stars for a workout?
    Posted on 03 July 16 at 10:54
    Yes, Eric's summary is good and correct. You are earning the same star over and over by rewinding, during the same workout. In theory, you could do the whole achievement during one workout.

The main trick to keep in mind is that even though Eric is earning his star during Drill 14, he must go back to the beginning of Drill 13. If you do the trick incorrectly, just going back to the beginning of Drill 14, then it will appear that you are earning the first star again, but the achievement counter doesn't go up.

I was able to figure this out last week when there was a challenge for 30 stars. That made it easy to see how to get the counter to increase.

EricGarcia4 said:ALSO, my Peak Performance Progress move 1% doing minimal effort too with my workout selection. I was shocked when the bar moved. Since Drill 14 your legs glow as if you are squatting as well. If anyone can look test this out, please share with the group. I'm very interested in figuring this out. I'm trying to get Everest to increase with a second account, but so far I have not been successful. I'm redoing Drill 14 over and over since the legs glow there. I suppose it could be Drill 13, but it doesn't seem like Boxer Shuffle would be considered jumping as much as Flipper Jacks would.

Are you doing the actual movements shown or something else? I can fill out the green circle by just walking back and forth, but maybe that doesn't work for the jump counter.

For those coming late, we're discussing 10 Minute Solution Knockout Body Blast.
  • angelskangelsk997,498
    Posted on 03 July 16 at 11:27, Edited on 03 July 16 at 11:29 by angelsk
    So just to summarise to see if I'm getting this:

Start 10 Minute Solution Knockout Body Blast
    Get to 3800 points.
    Earn 30 points on Drill 13.
    Complete Drill 14 and earn a star.
    Rewind to Drill 13, and repeat?

And you get credit for the 5000 stars and the 100km achievements?

Which is the best drill for challenges? Or am I asking too much? ;)

EDIT: Or I could have just read the nice solution that was posted :)
    EricGarcia4 Xbox Fitness Run the Day EricGarcia4's solution for the Run the Day Achievement in Xbox FitnessYou earned 5,000 stars in Xbox Fitness!

Thanks EricGarcia4
  • BongoBongo1,858,405
    Posted on 03 July 16 at 18:56
    This is a pretty good guide, but if peak performance isn't moving, this is really terrible efficiency. Getting the achievement in 20 hours is nice, but why would you not just play for peak performance and get this on the way instead of wasting an extra 20 hours.
    Posted on 03 July 16 at 19:05, Edited on 03 July 16 at 19:07 by MathGuy42
    ^^ If we can find one or two drills that give great progress for Peak Performance, then having Run the Day done would allow you to just do those drills without worrying about stars or taking the time to complete an entire workout. This solution suggests a couple drills that might work:
    EricGarcia4 Xbox Fitness Peak Performance EricGarcia4's solution for the Peak Performance Achievement in Xbox FitnessYou jumped, climbed, and squatted for 100 kilometers.

Also, as the solution
    EricGarcia4 Xbox Fitness Run the Day EricGarcia4's solution for the Run the Day Achievement in Xbox FitnessYou earned 5,000 stars in Xbox Fitness!
    suggests, it might be possible to combine fast stars with fast jumping progress. I also made progress on Peak Performance today using that solution. But since I don't know how close I was to the next percentage, I don't know if it will really be efficient or not. (At least I think I made the progress there. I also did some Demo to work on Real-Time Rivalry, so the progress could have happened there. I didn't see the progress happen live.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.