Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Rivals of Aether is Coming to Game Preview This Month

AuthorMessage
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 06 July 16 at 08:15
If you like Super Smash Bros., you may also like...

Please click here to read the story: Rivals of Aether is Coming to Game Preview This Month
ParticleDuality
Posted on 06 July 16 at 08:16, Edited on 06 July 16 at 08:22 by ParticleDuality
Yes. Oh my god, yes. I've been waiting for this day. I will pay whatever they want.
Gannon94
Gannon94
Posted on 06 July 16 at 09:51
Is this just Xbox Smash? Only hearing about it now
Gannon94
ParticleDuality
Posted on 06 July 16 at 09:59
Gannon94 said:Is this just Xbox Smash? Only hearing about it nowThis is just an ID@Xbox game that happens to resemble Smash's style and gameplay. That's why I'm excited. We don't have anything like that right now.
Blue n Gold Eel
Posted on 06 July 16 at 10:00
ParticleDuality said:Yes. Oh my god, yes. I've been waiting for this day. I will pay whatever they want.Sarcasm right?
What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
ParticleDuality
Posted on 06 July 16 at 10:02
Blue n Gold Eel said:ParticleDuality said:Yes. Oh my god, yes. I've been waiting for this day. I will pay whatever they want.Sarcasm right?No, I'm genuinely excited for this game. It looks well done and we don't have anything similar, at all, to Smash on Xbox. Anything that can mimic it in the slightest will have my attention.
Blue n Gold Eel
Posted on 06 July 16 at 12:12
ParticleDuality said:Blue n Gold Eel said:ParticleDuality said:Yes. Oh my god, yes. I've been waiting for this day. I will pay whatever they want.Sarcasm right?No, I'm genuinely excited for this game. It looks well done and we don't have anything similar, at all, to Smash on Xbox. Anything that can mimic it in the slightest will have my attention.Fair enough, hope it turns out well for you.

It's funny the OP says it's 16-bit, from the fighting games I played on my Sega Megadrive back in the day like SF2, MK, EC and others make this look like an 8-bit game.
What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
Stifler4Life
Stifler4Life
Posted on 06 July 16 at 12:46
I have this game on Steam and will be buying it again.

Don't let the art style fool you, this game is absolutely a spiritual successor to Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Buy. This. Game.
WestsideSxE
WestsideSxE
Posted on 06 July 16 at 15:07
Holy crap they're still making GameBoy Color games?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 06 July 16 at 16:09
WestsideSxE said:Holy crap they're still making GameBoy Color games?This made me laugh. Comment of the day right there.

I actually like the look of it though regardless.
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 07 July 16 at 20:33
WestsideSxE said:Holy crap they're still making GameBoy Color games?laugh Yes! & apparently people are excited about it.
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
ParticleDuality
Posted on 07 July 16 at 20:48
is that Hydro said:WestsideSxE said:Holy crap they're still making GameBoy Color games?laugh Yes! & apparently people are excited about it.I don't enjoy games solely for their graphics. I enjoy games based on the amount of fun they provide. SSB is one of best fighting games that exist, so if they can capture a little bit of that, then they will have succeeded.

Also, the Gameboy Color had some great games, so I don't see how that's a slight.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.