The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: July 5th, 2016

• Posted on 07 July 16 at 01:45
    Counter Strike: GO is Backwards Compatible.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic577,951
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 01:46
    lugadi said:Any recommendations?
    My brother has practically been begging me to get Dying Light so we can play co-op, but I played some of the demo last year and wasn't sold. Is it worth $35?
    Dying Light is pretty fun, but some parts can get a bit old. Bozak Horde is a pain in the ass and fairly tough, but The Following is pretty fun with a tricked out buggy.

After about 3 or 4 times now of seeing the bundle of Watch Dogs + Season Pass on sale without the Season Pass just being on sale, I decided to just buy the damn thing.

The Saints Row 4/Gat out of Hell/Metro 2033/Last Light bundle is a dang good value. Four games for less than $14.
  • Posted on 07 July 16 at 01:55
    Rhyolitic said:lugadi said:Any recommendations?
    My brother has practically been begging me to get Dying Light so we can play co-op, but I played some of the demo last year and wasn't sold. Is it worth $35?
    Dying Light is pretty fun, but some parts can get a bit old. Bozak Horde is a pain in the ass and fairly tough, but The Following is pretty fun with a tricked out buggy.

After about 3 or 4 times now of seeing the bundle of Watch Dogs + Season Pass on sale without the Season Pass just being on sale, I decided to just buy the damn thing.

The Saints Row 4/Gat out of Hell/Metro 2033/Last Light bundle is a dang good value. Four games for less than $14.
    Four great games at that!
    War...war never changes.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,402,350
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 02:01
    CpNx MaYxDaYx said:Rhyolitic said:lugadi said:Any recommendations?

Three great games at that!
    Fixed it for you....Gat out of Hell is a steaming pile of .......

Really good value still

I also like the fact that the shadow of mordor season pass is discounted to the same price as the GOTY edition
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic577,951
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 02:06
    I liked Gat Out of Hell. If for no other reason than seeing Johnny Gat doing a musical number and seeing Dane Vogel again.
  • Posted on 07 July 16 at 02:07
    TheMaize said:CpNx MaYxDaYx said:Rhyolitic said:lugadi said:Any recommendations?

Three great games at that!
    Fixed it for you....Gat out of Hell is a steaming pile of .......

Really good value still

I also like the fact that the shadow of mordor season pass is discounted to the same price as the GOTY edition
    Haha, fair enough. I haven't played it as much as I've played 4, but it seemed to be more of the same. Shadow of Mordor is amazing. Highly recommend.
    War...war never changes.
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry483,634
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 02:30
    lugadi said:Any recommendations?

I played Halo 5 this week since it was free and actually enjoyed Halo for the first time ever. Should I get the Master Chief Collection?

I love Shadow of Mordor, but never played the DLC. Heard it wasn't so great, but for $10, it might be worth it.
    @Halo. As someone who played all the Halo (and bought them Day 1) I can tell you that Halo: MCC is only valuable if you want to play the SP or the Co-Op. The lobby system for multiplayer is absolutely terrible, and even worse now that most people have migrated to Halo 5.

That said, as just a single player and co-op game, it's pretty good value. Just recognize that it's what it all will be.

Only one I'm really considering here is Braid. Any pros/cons?
  • Posted on 07 July 16 at 03:22
    Some decent BC games. Was gonna grab a few but for some reason Microsoft's infinite wisdom apparently does not allow you to use funds in your Microsoft account to purchase these titles, only credit cards. Brilliant move......
  • XystraXystra212,419
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 03:36
    some great deals here. sadly I only have $0.79 on my account...
    now can you refresh us on some formatting here, Chewie? some games have two discount rates with a slash between them, some have a range of discounts, and some have two ranges.
  • Don SantinoDon Santino266,641
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 04:11
    For those seeking recommendations I would go with the following :

Shadow of Mordor GOTY (Fantastic game overlooked by many. The nemesis system is brilliant)

Far Cry Primal (Very interesting take on the traditional FC we know. £35 is a fair price imho)

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (Fantastic game when it came out. Absolute sleeper out of nowhere. My GOTY a few years ago. Play this exclusively when you do. Don't go back to it over and over. You need to get engrossed in the story and give it that respect. Unbelievable value at £6)
  • SpilnerSpilner1,148,337
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 05:21
    Just Gemini: Heroes Reborn for me.

Those saints row prices are good for those who don't own them
    Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl622,993
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 05:24
    I've opted for Monopoly Plus, Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell and Jet Car Stunts.
    The season pass for rise of the tomb raider never goes on sale!
    Minor correction to the article - Saints Row 4 on 360 is backwards compatible.
  • Jamiereloaded23Jamiereloaded232,736,120
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 05:41
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:There's a German stack of that too, if you're extra keen.For those who are tempted by the German stack of Gemini: Heroes Reborn you need to play the game while disconnected from the internet as some of the achievements won't unlock any other way unfortunately. It also appears that the German version is the only version that hasn't received any sort of discount in the sale as it is still showing as €14.99.
  • ZaccaZacca525,858
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 06:05
    lugadi said:I played Halo 5 this week since it was free and actually enjoyed Halo for the first time ever. Should I get the Master Chief Collection?If you're interested in getting into Halo the most certainly it has all the main games plus one of the spin offs as dlc. They are great games but never having played the first you may not enjoy that so much because some of the gameplay is quite clunky.
  • DJ DEXTADJ DEXTA2,897,768
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 06:15
    Great list, good work. clap

FYI I think Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is BC on the XBONE.
    Of course i have initiative..... im just waiting for someone to tell me when to use it.
  • Mike PitchMike Pitch1,976,511
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 06:26
    Ultimate sale my butt. Star Wars Force Unleashed II was on sale for $4.99 in May (Missed it because I was on my honeymoon). Get it together Microsoft.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,360
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 06:35, Edited on 07 July 16 at 06:46 by HolyHalfDead
    Well done Chewie. I never want to see another sale as big as this one again, it's been haunting my dreams shock

Mr Rodster said:
    There are some Win10 deals as well you may wish to include.
    Here you go

• WINDOWS 10

Ultimate Game Sale until 11th July 2016
    The Escapists: The Walking Dead (Windows) 50% off
    Fire: Ungh's Quest (Windows) 55% off
    Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Windows) 33% off
    Gunscape 50% off
    #IDARB 67% off
    OXENFREE 50% off
    Quantum Break 25% off
    Rise of the Tomb Raider (Windows) 35% off
    Shadow Complex Remastered 33% off
    Sheltered (Windows) 30% off

• WINDOWS 8

Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows) 50% off
    Halo: Spartan Strike (Windows) 50% off
    Hitman GO (Windows) 80% off

• WINDOWS PHONE 8 / WINDOWS 10 MOBILE

Halo: Spartan Assault (WP) 50% off
    Halo: Spartan Strike (WP) 50% off
    Hitman GO (WP) 80% off

The Win8/WP8 games are cross-buy, so you get both when you buy either one. There are also discounts on F2P content, such as Pinball FX2 tables.

There are also discounts across several Capcom games, but nothing has been announced. So these prices may only be for a week, or they may be permanent.

• XBOX 360

Capcom Sale
    Asura's Wrath 50% off
    Bionic Commando 25% off
    Dark Void 25% off [BC]
    Dead Rising 2 (Xbox 360) 33% off
    Devil May Cry HD Collection 33% off
    DmC: Devil May Cry 33% off
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen 25% off
    Lost Planet 3 50% off
    Remember Me 50% off
    Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City 50% off
    Resident Evil Revelations (Xbox 360) 50% off
    Street Fighter X Tekken 50% off

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 07 July 16 at 07:02
    Save up additional 25% on purchasing XBL currency!
    The Trading Thread
  • White WyvernWhite Wyvern550,202
    Posted on 07 July 16 at 07:42
    Just realised I've bought Shadow of Mordor for £17.50 when it's $10 in the US. Booo.
    Beep Boop
  • Posted on 07 July 16 at 07:44
    Anyone played the swindle?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads