Game Discussion: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Forum

Gamesavers everywhere

AuthorMessage
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 09 July 16 at 00:47, Edited on 09 July 16 at 01:17 by TheMaize
misfit119 said:TheMaize said:Of course....you can write anything you want, and as much as you want....but thats other peoples right aswell..so if you cant handle that people reply and disagree with you, maybe write less?While I can agree with the sentiment, personal attacks are a might different than disagreeing with someone. Saying "You're wrong" or "I don't agree with you" is considerably different than saying "Your posts don't count" or "You don't contribute" or whatever else.

Pra1s3Th3Sun said:2) Guitar Hero games tend not to stack difficulties. (Eg finishing hard or expert won't give you the achievements for easy and medium). If the expert story career is the first / only think you do it's pretty standard to unlock the expert achievement before ones that seem far simpler. You are very correct on this one. I know people who have the achievements for clearing Guitar Hero games on Hard and Expert but not Easy or Medium because they find them so utterly boring to play.

TheMaize said:Most importantly though, somebody unlocking an achievement you think is "too hard" is never a good reason to accuse them of cheating. Personally I think the gold prestige events in Need for Speed are borderline impossible, but 5 people have managed it and it would be wrong to call them out as cheaters because they're better than me. Same goes here.I had someone send from here send me an Xbox Live message accusing me of cheating because he saw I had the Golden God achievement in Super Meat Boy. His reasoning was that the Kid's levels were "impossible" so he didn't believe I had earned them legitimately. This was hysterical since I don't even know how to cheat like that and earned it online. It was also incredibly annoying since I spent like four hours on those damn levels to earn that stupid character.

Then again the same guy sent me a message deriding me for believing that the guys behind Diablo 3 would ever port it to consoles since "he knew people" or whatever. That panned out there genius.
The problem with that quote is, thats its out of context....it was a reply to a post, where she was telling someone that since his walkthroughs was faster and easier to write, than f.ex one for the masterchief collection, they didnt carry the same value as other walkthroughs. So he shouldnt be on the walkthrough leaderboard.

There was another thread going around at the same time, where she was supporting a guy who suggested that people with low gamerscore shouldnt count in the site leaderboards, since they werent "serious accounts"

I thought that was pretty harsh..so i turned it around, claiming the same about her comments and the forumleaderboards. To see if she thought that her way of thinking was fair, when it was aimed the other way.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 09 July 16 at 01:13
TheMaize said:The problem with that quote is, thats its out of context....it was a reply to a post, *SNIP* .What prompted me to respond was your comments about her commenting just to comment and then the second remark. It seemed to conflate disagreements with personal attacks which I heavily disagree with. If it's not that but some other e-drama then I'm gonna back away. I get into enough of that on my own. laugh
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 09 July 16 at 01:23
misfit119 said:TheMaize said:The problem with that quote is, thats its out of context....it was a reply to a post, *SNIP* .What prompted me to respond was your comments about her commenting just to comment and then the second remark. It seemed to conflate disagreements with personal attacks which I heavily disagree with. If it's not that but some other e-drama then I'm gonna back away. I get into enough of that on my own. laughWell..the comment just to comment propably was a bit offensive.....but she just posted a quote out of context from 2014, in this thread for no reason, after i have been ignoring her for two years....just to have me lash out....and i dont wanna dissapoint.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 09 July 16 at 02:51
TheMaize said:The problem with that quote is, thats its out of context....it was a reply to a post, where she was telling someone that since his walkthroughs was faster and easier to write, than f.ex one for the masterchief collection, they didnt carry the same value as other walkthroughs. So he shouldnt be on the walkthrough leaderboard.I can only think of one thread that I * might* have said something that could be of that sort: TrueTrophies I, however, do not see any "Maize" there, so if you you were contributing in that thread under a tag I do not know, granted. However, that suggestion were solely to make it fair for everyone.

If it is not that thread, would you be so kind and provide with that post you're referring to, as I am completely in the dark what you're talking about. PM is fine, we can take the rest of the conversation there.

TheMaize said:There was another thread going around at the same time, where she was supporting a guy who suggested that people with low gamerscore shouldnt count in the site leaderboards, since they werent "serious accounts"

I thought that was pretty harsh..so i turned it around, claiming the same about her comments and the forumleaderboards. To see if she thought that her way of thinking was fair, when it was aimed the other way.
I can't believe you are taking that up. You reacted like you only read half of my posts. I said from the start that under 10K would be the trigger to let a human eye take a look. Not auto-delete/GS only/non-leaderboard. You're the type who would go nuts over some video and send it to everyone you know and rage for three days - without checking the context for what's going on.

TheMaize said:Well..the comment just to comment propably was a bit offensive.....but she just posted a quote out of context from 2014, in this thread for no reason, after i have been ignoring her for two years....just to have me lash out....and i dont wanna dissapoint.I know and I don't begrudge anything in your reaction. It was a dumb move and un-necessary - however said with a wink in the eye but that wasn't clear.
gamingirl on hiatus, new project underway - can't wait to try and raise the numbers again!
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 09 July 16 at 03:14
I explained myself to you two years ago...and i already said i wouldnt be replying you about anything else offtopic in this thread....if you wanna restart the debate, please do it in the original thread, instead of "pasting it around everywhere"

Half the answers you seek is in the thread you linked yourself though...so im a bit puzzled why you quoted me from a 2 years old thread, when you, yourself, dont even remember the thread or the context.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 09 July 16 at 08:54
This thread has gone way off-topic.
Laugh it up, fuzzball.