Game Discussion: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Forum

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Whole Content Relisted

AuthorMessage
TheLion120787
TheLion120787
Posted on 07 July 16 at 11:46, Edited on 12 May 18 at 09:28 by TheLion120787
Update, May, 11th, 2018
The Base Game and both of it's DLC's are back on the Marketplace!
So if you missed any of it before, take advantage of the return.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/XCOM-Enemy-Unknow...
Slingshot Content Pack (contains Achievements!) - https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/Slingshot-Content...
Elite Soldier Pack - https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/Elite-Soldier-Pac...

Credit to SkinnyBoi1985 for informing us about the "Slingshot Content Pack" return!

Original
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 07 July 16 at 22:10
I'm hoping it's just a small issue. It'd be beyond idiotic to be like "Everyone come play this game! Now you can never complete it! Hah!"
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
MasterHouze
MasterHouze
Posted on 09 July 16 at 04:26
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Crusader4Reason
Posted on 10 July 16 at 14:53
Strange. If I try to buy the dlc via that second link I get a page stating: "Ooops! What happened to this page?
We’ve moved some things around."

And trying to buy either dlc on the One says: "Sorry
This offer isn't available in your region." It'll let me install the main game though. I'd already had it installed for an eon on my 360, so it tagged me as owning it in the past.

Nothing at all comes up when searching for the game on the 360.

I'll see what Xbox support says.
Shadykilla420
Shadykilla420
Posted on 10 July 16 at 16:23
Damn. Really hope it's just a mixup. Pretty disappointed right now
Crusader4Reason
Posted on 10 July 16 at 16:51
I contacted Microsoft support and they say they haven't received any notice from 2K that any of the content will be delisted, and they think it should be working, though I got them to reproduce the error of trying to buy the content from the webpages. They also said they may need more verification from other users whom are experiencing the same issues to collect to send to 2K and referred me to send a support ticket to 2K so I can watch for a resolution, which I did.

It definitely sounds like just a mix-up, and I would guess that the content will return, but who knows when.
MasterHouze
MasterHouze
Posted on 10 July 16 at 18:04
Hey where did you contact microsoft support? twitter? Let's show more users with the problem to them
TheLion120787
TheLion120787
Posted on 11 July 16 at 12:32
Crusader4Reason said:And trying to buy either dlc on the One says: "Sorry
This offer isn't available in your region."
Sorry, I didn't know that the Link for the One also doesn't work.
I just assumed people on the One are safe, seeing the DLC's are still shown.

Somebody made a Thread over the Xbox.com Forums, maybe it can also help to post there?
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/8/t/2...
Crusader4Reason
Posted on 13 July 16 at 01:25
MasterHouze said:Hey where did you contact microsoft support? twitter? Let's show more users with the problem to themI contacted them on xbox.com and went into a chat session with customer support. I posted a link to this thread in the session to indicate other people were having problems, but the person didn't indicate they looked at it, so it might help for them to hear from others.

I had to make an account with 2K support to tell them too.
Kilroy3001
Kilroy3001
Posted on 18 July 16 at 21:20
I just had this reply from 2k in regards to xcom dlc

Hello Kilroy,

Thank you for contacting 2K support and for your interest in the XCOM project.

I wish I could tell you other wise. However unless you had the DLC before it was de-listed, it is not possible to obtain the DLC or the achievements attached to them.

We are sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused..
If you have any additional questions or concerns related to our 2K titles, do let us know and we'll be very happy to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

So from this I can gather that there not going to re-upload the DLC
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 18 July 16 at 23:40
That's just beyond insane. "Hey guys come get this awesome game while it's a Games for Gold! Aaaand it's gone. Hope you bought the DLC!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k5oAaXINX8
Crusader4Reason
Posted on 19 July 16 at 02:50
Unfortunately, you're right Kilroy. 2K updated my support thread to say the dlc is all delisted too, so it's apparently gone for good. That sucks that the 5 dlc achievements are unobtainable without even a warning they were going to delist the content.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 19 July 16 at 08:46
I'm less bothered by the achievements and more that the content itself is gone. Sure, I can do it in Enemy Within but I'd love to have that plotline available without having to buy the new game. Ugh.
TheLion120787
TheLion120787
Posted on 19 July 16 at 10:00
Wow... they really delisted all the content... facepalm
As much as I love and enjoy the game, I now wish I hadn't bothered with it, seeing that I can't complete it anymore.
Continuing the game with this knowledge will definitely impact my fun with the game.

I also had to buy a physical copy of XCOM: EU, so it's not like I am moaning about a Game I got for free.
(Games On Demand are not feasible with my Bandwidth cap plus I simply prefer physical copies.)

I really don't understand the decision to remove everything from the Marketplace, as I really thought that the DLC's will not get delisted any time soon, with the game being BC.
One would also think that they would be interested to get some revenue from a game they gave away for free, so why remove the DLC's?
And if you are looking at the increased TA Score for XCOM: EU, it's safe to assume that quite a lot of people got it as a GwG (and that's only the people that started it), so again:
Why remove the DLC's and miss out on revenue?

And can anybody explain or take a good guess WHY Companies barely announce delistings?
It's also not like I was waiting for a Sale to get the "Slingshot Content Pack", I was just about to buy it, after I got my first Achievement.

So yeah:
Do you guys and gals think that there will be at least a small chance they will put the DLC's back on the Marketplace, IF they realize that people want to purchase them?
I mean, it would already be enough if 2K would announce the delisting in a proper way and make it available again for 2-3 weeks, so everybody has a fair chance to grab it?
Crusader4Reason
Posted on 19 July 16 at 18:10
TheLion120787 said:
I really don't understand the decision to remove everything from the Marketplace, as I really thought that the DLC's will not get delisted any time soon, with the game being BC.

One would also think that they would be interested to get some revenue from a game they gave away for free, so why remove the DLC's?

And if you are looking at the increased TA Score for XCOM: EU, it's safe to assume that quite a lot of people got it as a GwG (and that's only the people that started it), so again:
Why remove the DLC's and miss out on revenue?

And can anybody explain or take a good guess WHY Companies barely announce delistings?
It's also not like I was waiting for a Sale to get the "Slingshot Content Pack", I was just about to buy it, after I got my first Achievement.
I have no clue why they do that. It doesn't make business sense for them making it GwG and dumping the added content, or that there's going to be a sequel out in a month that's bound t stir up some interest in the previous titles. I can't imagine why they chose to de-list now.

TheLion120787 said:
So yeah:
Do you guys and gals think that there will be at least a small chance they will put the DLC's back on the Marketplace, IF they realize that people want to purchase them?

I mean, it would already be enough if 2K would announce the delisting in a proper way and make it available again for 2-3 weeks, so everybody has a fair chance to grab it?
I don't know. I haven't heard of such a thing being reversed, but I have almost zero experience seeing how companies behave in regard to de-listing material. I can't even guess how many people would have to appeal to 2K for them to re-list the content before they would consider it economically worth their time to do so. I'll let them know I'd still like to buy it and appeal to them to re-list it since I've put this much time into contacting them and Microsoft already, but I doubt the appeals of a few of us in this thread will be enough to convince them to re-list it.
MasterHouze
MasterHouze
Posted on 19 July 16 at 20:24
They did the same thing with mafia 2.. and I didn't saw this coming facepalm
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 19 July 16 at 20:48
Honestly the problem here is, like MasterHouse pointed out, 2K are asshats. They saw EA winning those "Worst company ever" titles and decided that they wanted a piece of that too. So where EA has mostly stopped with the server closures, 2K has still got ya covered. Where EA used to just yoink things off the marketplace, they leave them now so people will buy them if the get the game via the Vault eventually. 2K just gives no shits and doesn't even tell Microsoft they're doing it.

Last game I expected them to do this with was a game that was JUST a GwG and is as popular as Xcom is. Especially with a sequel coming. facepalm Guess they want everyone to buy Enemy Within instead.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 19 July 16 at 23:20, Edited on 20 July 16 at 03:27 by EarthboundX
Why would they remove it, it can't be a license issue can it?

Just checked, you can't even buy the full actual game. You click buy, and it takes me to a page with only screenshots and such, no option to redownload or buy it.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/XCOM-Enemy-Unknow...

Did they delist the entire thing? Oh wait, main post mentions that as well, only skimmed it at first.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 20 July 16 at 20:29
MasterHouze said:
They did the same thing with mafia 2.. and I didn't saw this coming facepalm
With Mafia II, I assume it was because the music licenses expired, and they just threw it up on Games with Gold to cash in the Microsoft check before they had to delist it. It was also delisted from Steam too, though it did come back recently. I can't find anything about whether the music was removed or not.
MasterHouze
MasterHouze
Posted on 20 July 16 at 20:53
..so that's the gwg 2k pattern. Licenses gonna expire? Let's threw it on game with gold... good to know
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.