Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption

Is Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer broken?

• BabyishDuckBabyishDuck472,987
    Posted on 08 July 16 at 13:38
    I went onto Red Dead Redemption today since it's backwards compatible in like 3 years. I went into multiplayer and noticed that some things weren't right.

Invisible players

Horse not coming when I whistled

Enemies not spawning in gang hideouts.

Undead Survival no zombies spawned what so ever.

I guess this game is hacked like crazy no wonder there are so many level 1's
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer1,298,919
    Posted on 08 July 16 at 14:13
    Last I heard of the MP was that it was hacked to all hell, would be stupid of them to not sort it out before making it BC though
    Yours sincerely, TG
  • W1LK0W1LK0177,890
    Posted on 08 July 16 at 14:14
    I had the same issues. Was it like this before it became backwards compatible?

P.S. I think alot of the level 1 players would be people who are playing on XBONE who don't have data copied from their 360.
  • JamPound32JamPound32918,013
    Posted on 08 July 16 at 14:35
    Yes, you were in one of the many hacked lobbies. If you see one of the problems you listed just find a new one ( unless you plan on using it to level up ). To elaborate, in those lobbies if you go to a gang hidout it sometimes instantly finishes with no enemies and you just spam cn_right or whatever retry is and instant xp.

Anyway, if you don't want one of those, there are is a way to reduce the risk of finding one. Always enter single player first, then open up a private lobby and then search a public lobby.
    Posted on 08 July 16 at 14:49
    JamP0und32 said:Yes, you were in one of the many hacked lobbies. If you see one of the problems you listed just find a new one ( unless you plan on using it to level up ). To elaborate, in those lobbies if you go to a gang hidout it sometimes instantly finishes with no enemies and you just spam cn_right or whatever retry is and instant xp.

Anyway, if you don't want one of those, there are is a way to reduce the risk of finding one. Always enter single player first, then open up a private lobby and then search a public lobby.
    I'm already max level. I tried going into multiplayer from the main menu but it took so long loading that I gave up. I tried going into single player then going into multiplayer and that worked for me. Think I'm just going to stick to private sessions from now on with friends. I've tried god knows how many lobbies and the same stuff keeps happening.
  • baazfurybaazfury527,154
  • Posted on 09 July 16 at 11:50
    What effect does this have on achievements that require public games?
    RIP Trueachievement App http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=491015
    Posted on 09 July 16 at 15:20
    MakeMeACoffee said:What effect does this have on achievements that require public games?From what I remember completing this 3 years you had to be in a public session. Good luck getting those that's all I'm going to say. I've tried god knows how many times to go into a public lobby. You could try private sessions because getting into those from single player are fine.
    Posted on 09 July 16 at 15:45
    Once you know how to avoid the shitty lobbies and get one that works it's fine. I did them earlier in the year and it wasn't too much of an effort.
  • Posted on 09 July 16 at 16:23
    That's what I mean. If you go single>private >public is that fine then?

As long as you can force a clean public room that's fine
    RIP Trueachievement App http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=491015
    Posted on 09 July 16 at 18:08
    MakeMeACoffee said:That's what I mean. If you go single>private >public is that fine then?

As long as you can force a clean public room that's fine
    How do you force a clean public room?
    Posted on 09 July 16 at 18:12
    It's in 2 of the posts you've quoted in this thread. laugh
  • King GBFKing GBF805,177
    Posted on 09 July 16 at 19:01
    JamP0und32 said:Once you know how to avoid the shitty lobbies and get one that works it's fine. I did them earlier in the year and it wasn't too much of an effort.Same here, just follow Jam´s method. Load singleplayer -> private multiplayer -> public multiplayer. Now you should be fine. If you happen to still end up in a glitched lobby, repeat the process.
  • Posted on 09 July 16 at 19:35
    Sad that this game got hacked, was one of my favorite online experiences ever.

Whole server of random at 5 in the morning, half of us for in that fort in the desert with the cannons, and the other half all tried to breach it. Had a literal war for hours with people I'd never spoken to prior.
  • CheevolutionCheevolution333,497
    Posted on 09 July 16 at 20:33
    I'm devastated right now.Wanted to play it again from scratch but now i'm too afraid...
    \m/ {ô_ó} \m/
  • Posted on 11 July 16 at 02:03
    Does anyone have a way to get the "Most Wanted" achievement getting around these hacked servers? Every time I get into a server to attempt to get kills towards the bounty the infected servers despawn the npcs.
    I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
  • Posted on 11 July 16 at 02:49
    LAZY SHIKAMARUX said:Does anyone have a way to get the "Most Wanted" achievement getting around these hacked servers? Every time I get into a server to attempt to get kills towards the bounty the infected servers despawn the npcs.Numerous posts in this thread detail how to get into clean lobbies.
  • Posted on 11 July 16 at 02:54, Edited on 11 July 16 at 02:56 by LAZY SHIKAMARUX
    Our Afflictions said:LAZY SHIKAMARUX said:Does anyone have a way to get the "Most Wanted" achievement getting around these hacked servers? Every time I get into a server to attempt to get kills towards the bounty the infected servers despawn the npcs.Numerous posts in this thread detail how to get into clean lobbies.I know, I just spent a couple hours going in and out of sessions. I was using what the reddit post said and signed in and out because I was told that your profile would be plagued by the hacks temporarily until you did that. I did get into a clean server but someone who was in a hacked lobby joined and messed it up, was able to get the achievement but just barely.
    I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it. - Bill Gates.
  • Lord BaneJLord BaneJ258,967
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 16:15
    Thanks for the heads up. I forgot about this method and end up spending hours getting into sessions as well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.