The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: July 12th, 2016

• gobey17gobey17813,926
    Posted on 12 July 16 at 21:46
    If you're an RPG fan - especially of turn-based - then Divinity at that price is great. Very strategic gameplay, get quite a bit of content out of it. Plus for me its a first for a turn-based RPG to be actual co-op!
  • Posted on 12 July 16 at 21:55
    nice to see some older XBLA titles on here.
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie673,701
    Posted on 12 July 16 at 22:42
    Tendoman77 said:Once again us brits are a victim of the price exchange with those god awful NFS prices.Rather than roll out the what-should-be-familar-by-now point about exchange rates not having anything to do with pricing, I'll point out that in several of these games it's the Brits that are doing well. For example, Divinity before VAT is £9.38, at today's exchange rate that's $12.38, yet we 'Muricans are forced to pay an outrageous $15 plus tax! What a nightmare! smile
  • Posted on 12 July 16 at 22:45, Edited on 12 July 16 at 22:48 by RunningFreak204
    For Gems, I can confirm 50 gold keys and 1000 souls right when booting up the game. Make sure you quit the game and jump back on if the free keys/souls doesn't appear. Hope this works for all of you that are having trouble!!

(Obviously gotta grab the free pack first smile)
    RunningFreak204
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath505,582
    Posted on 12 July 16 at 23:26
    mostly indie huh? that's pretty much all we have seen on this console to date unless your counting old games ported over as "New games".
  • Posted on 12 July 16 at 23:41
    RunningFreak204 said:For Gems, I can confirm 50 gold keys and 1000 souls right when booting up the game. Make sure you quit the game and jump back on if the free keys/souls doesn't appear. Hope this works for all of you that are having trouble!!

Yeah, they aren't popping up for me. Downloaded the item and nothing shows when starting the game. I've closed and restarted the game 5 times now, and nothing pops up at all. Even played a few rounds and earned some keys from the daily tasks and nothing has shown up. Oh well, maybe i'll try it again later, i've already completed the game, but its always nice to keep stocking piling in case they add more achievements.
  • Posted on 13 July 16 at 00:14
    I've been waiting for Divinity. So rapt it's 75% off.
  • BillarghBillargh379,951
    Posted on 13 July 16 at 08:21
    I'm taking full credit for Divinity being on sale so often. I had a mare trying to find it for a reasonable price online, finally bought it and it's been on sale on XBL two or three times since.

You're welcome guys.
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,521,820
    Posted on 13 July 16 at 08:24
    Grabbed Divinity even though I'm not for the whole digital thing. Retail is still well over $30 though so couldn't resist.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty623,948
    Posted on 13 July 16 at 10:16
    Tendoman77 said:Once again us brits are a victim of the price exchange with those god awful NFS prices.Blame the twats who voted for Brexit, its their fault that the pound is worth fuck all.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,023,674
    Posted on 13 July 16 at 10:38
    Thanks for the heads up on what the Gems of War bundle contains guys, I've updated the article to reflect what it includes. I wonder if anyone at MS will bother to do the same on the store description...
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 13 July 16 at 10:57
    I recommend QUBE. For that price too it's a steal.
  • Posted on 13 July 16 at 14:36
    DrSchlepenstein said:RunningFreak204 said:For Gems, I can confirm 50 gold keys and 1000 souls right when booting up the game. Make sure you quit the game and jump back on if the free keys/souls doesn't appear. Hope this works for all of you that are having trouble!!

Yeah, they aren't popping up for me. Downloaded the item and nothing shows when starting the game. I've closed and restarted the game 5 times now, and nothing pops up at all. Even played a few rounds and earned some keys from the daily tasks and nothing has shown up. Oh well, maybe i'll try it again later, i've already completed the game, but its always nice to keep stocking piling in case they add more achievements.
    I had a similar experience. I downloaded from xbox.com and had the "ready to start" notification on my xbox after work. I launched the game from that prompt and nothing was there (not in inventory or in mail). I restarted the game a few times and played heavily last night, but they never showed up. Hopefully, they will appear today. I'll likely be opening a support ticket if there's no official response.
  • allstar738allstar738367,161
    Posted on 13 July 16 at 20:31
    DO NOT BUY NEED FOR SPEED if you have EA Access. It's been added to the vault along with Unravel.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm452,512
    Posted on 14 July 16 at 02:45
    Divinity looks like a pretty good deal.
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,110,510
    Posted on 14 July 16 at 04:11
    Qube for me .after all I bought the week prior jc3 season pass and unravel, layers of fear and murdered soul suspect one .
  • vegansoundvegansound773,547
    Posted on 14 July 16 at 10:01
    GameTagwastaken said:vegansound said:Wyyvern said:I didn't get any gold keys either, if I did get anything it was so small I haven't noticed it.Same here for everything. I was hoping someone here could answer that, but apparantly no.
    Imagine, we get it free so it's not that important, but buying something we don't know what it does, that's boring...
    And I confirm, no keys of any sort won with this DLC...
    Did you check your mail? They may show up there.
    Yep. No mail in the mail box expect the daily one.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the DLC, but still nothing. It seems very buggy.
  • Posted on 14 July 16 at 15:34
    vegansound said:GameTagwastaken said:vegansound said:Wyyvern said:I didn't get any gold keys either, if I did get anything it was so small I haven't noticed it.Same here for everything. I was hoping someone here could answer that, but apparantly no.
    Imagine, we get it free so it's not that important, but buying something we don't know what it does, that's boring...
    And I confirm, no keys of any sort won with this DLC...
    Did you check your mail? They may show up there.
    Yep. No mail in the mail box expect the daily one.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the DLC, but still nothing. It seems very buggy.
    I didn't get to try resetting the MAC address because my AT&T went out this morning, but here's what I got from 505 Games support (reinstalling the DLC did not work for me either).

Xbox One / Hard Restart
    1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will power down.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
    Xbox One / Reset MAC Address
    Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear MAC address
    Xbox One / Re-Install
    1. Start from Home (press the Xbox button on your controller to go Home or say “Xbox, go home”).
    2. Go to My games and apps.
    3. Highlight the content that you want to uninstall under "Games".
    4. Press the Menu button on your controller.
    5. Select Manage games.
    6. Find the game in the list and hit the Menu button.
    7. Select Uninstall.
    Please keep in mind that you should not lose any of your save data. Let me know if you need anything else while we work on this.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm452,512
    Posted on 14 July 16 at 16:08
    GameTagwastaken said:Xbox One / Hard Restart
    1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will power down.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
    Good info. I recommend a hard reset once a month. It mitigates some of the annoying glitches that inexplicably seem to pop up.
  • WyyvernWyyvern570,260
    Posted on 14 July 16 at 18:31, Edited on 14 July 16 at 18:32 by Wyyvern
    allstar738 said:DO NOT BUY NEED FOR SPEED if you have EA Access. It's been added to the vault along with Unravel.Fixed it
    Here be dragons.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.