Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

GoldenEye 007 Pre-order Incentives Revealed

• MatrarchMatrarch1,504,330
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 20:39
    Check within for retailer specific bonuses

We're less than a month away from one of the most sought after remakes ever arriving at our collective doorsteps. Which one, you ask? Activision's GoldenEye 007 Reloaded.

Activision revealed today that several pre-order incentives will be available for the title, but they will be retailer specific, so choose your location wisely.

Gamestop
    Those who pre-order at GameStop will receive a code to unlock the Paintball Mode Modifier in split-screen and online private multiplayer matches. The modifier causes your bullets to leave paint splats, and was a popular unlock in the N64 version of the title. GameStop pre-orders will also receive early access to the Classic Conflict Mode in Online public and private multiplayer modes. The mode is an every-man-for-himself game types featuring classic Bond characters.

Amazon.com
    Those who pre-order at Amazon.com will receive a code to unlock the Black Moonraker Laser Rifle skin.

Best Buy
    Those who pre-order at Best Buy will receive a code to unlock two game modes in split-screen and online multiplayer matches: Tag Mode and Invisibility Modes. In Tag Mode, the player who is "tagged" cannot eliminate an opponent until they tag someone else. Invisibility Mode, unsurprisingly, allows each player to become invisible for a set period of time.

If the pre-order incentives have you excited for the title, then why not also check out some video and screens to get you ready for the game's launch?

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded will arrive on the Xbox 360 on November 1st.
  • JawaOnDaMoonJawaOnDaMoon268,933
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 20:41
    retailer specific bonuses = dumb

everything is usually available online later on, so it's not like you're truly missing out on anything
  • wBRYwBRY733,744
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 20:42
    locked game modes? what the hell...
  • AKA SwedeAKA Swede1,006,863
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 20:43
    I hope they sell these modes as DLC down the road and they better be cheap.
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,261,898
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 20:44
    Tag mode sounds cool. Not too sure how the invisibility mode is going to work or how much fun it will be.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 October 11 at 20:45
    Heh, well if you're looking for a reason NOT to get it they've just given you one. Also those incentives are awful. I still have high hopes for this title though.
  • Alex GoodmanAlex Goodman184,647
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 20:47
    Paintball mode only available as a preorder incentive?

Blasphemy!
  • litepinklitepink302,517
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 20:48
    letsgobulls 24 said:

everything is usually available online later on, so it's not like you're truly missing out on anything
    YA BILLY said:
    locked game modes? what the hell...
    AKA Swede said:
    I hope they sell these modes as DLC down the road and they better be cheap.
    Make sure you read carefully. Some say "unlock", some say "early access". Either way, perhaps it's akin to the original N64 game where you can unlock them by doing speedruns on certain levels, but this might not be the case of course...we'll have to see.
  • Posted on 11 October 11 at 20:58
    I wish games would have the same pre-order bonuses for all retailers, I had to decide where to pre-order BF3 depending on what bonus I wanted and not what company I prefered.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64308,338
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 21:00
    i only played the original a couple of times and didnt enjoy it too well as i got raped both times... i wonder if i should pick this one up. i know it was a good game
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Posted on 11 October 11 at 21:02
    Nice incentives but with three different pre order bonuses from three different retailers I'm going to save myself of having to decide and just pick it up whenever I find the time after it's release.
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 21:08, Edited on 11 October 11 at 21:09 by litepink
    Sku11ySn1p3r said:
    I wish games would have the same pre-order bonuses for all retailers, I had to decide where to pre-order BF3 depending on what bonus I wanted and not what company I prefered.
    You're kind of missing part of the point of pre-order incentives. Different retailers are vying for your gaming dollars. It's not like EA or Activision whips up these incentives and randomly passes them out to each retailer. These retailers work out deals with the publisher, hoping that their incentive is the one you choose. Sometimes one is better than another's, but that's based off the deal they worked out and how badly they want you to buy that game at that store.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,919,001
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 21:12
    letsgobulls 24 said:

Then....why complain?
  • KontonnoKontonno327,095
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 21:23
    I don't mind skins and other cosmetic bonuses or weapons for single player but diversifying the multiplayer experience like this is just not cool.
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 21:29
    Kontonno said:
    I don't mind skins and other cosmetic bonuses or weapons for single player but diversifying the multiplayer experience like this is just not cool.
    It's mostly Private or split-screen stuff.
  • JimstaJimsta169,183
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 21:42
    Activision wanted to exploit the Goldeneye fans when the XBLA version got canned. (It was the N64 with rezed up HD graphics and textures, like Perfect Dark XBLA, the best FPS game there is, no arguments)
    This game is just like COD, don't buy it.
  • Posted on 11 October 11 at 21:52
    This IS NOT the original updated. Stay away until it is cheap, can see that happening rather quickly.
    'The object of war is not to die for your country, It's to make the other bastard die for his'
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo187,413
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 22:06
    alex goodman said:
    Paintball mode only available as a preorder incentive?
    Blasphemy!
    This is why it says "unlock." As in, these allow you to instantly unlock the content - rather than having to fulfill the usual in-game requirements. You will still have access to these modifiers without needing to pre-order the game. The same goes for the "early access" to online multiplayer match types. That is, as the name clearly states, just getting access to those modes before they are released to the general public.

From the looks of it, as with any other Activision title, the pre-order incentives will not contain ANYTHING unique that you need to worry about missing. You'll either be able to unlock them through gameplay or purchase them at a later date from the marketplace. This holds true in their games from Call of Duty, to Transformers, to Spider Man and so forth.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator215,050
    Posted on 11 October 11 at 22:13
    I would never buy this at full price anyway, because it would have to be on par with N64 version for that.
    I really doubt this one will get average reviews of like 97%. 65% at most perhaps for the new "goldeneye". 007 games tend to be bad.

007 Quantum of Solace was quite fun, and i even finished it on both PC and 360.
  • Posted on 11 October 11 at 22:29
    MrJimsta said:
    Activision wanted to exploit the Goldeneye fans when the XBLA version got canned. (It was the N64 with rezed up HD graphics and textures, like Perfect Dark XBLA, the best FPS game there is, no arguments)
    This game is just like COD, don't buy it.
    Phoenix 0n Fire said:
    This IS NOT the original updated. Stay away until it is cheap, can see that happening rather quickly.
    Good summary of why not to buy until it goes cheap. I smell Christmas sale on this so I can wait. Will be busy with better games anyways.
    Nights Into Dreams 15th Anniversary...Support a port to XBLA/PSN!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.