TrueAchievements Mobile

Forum for discussing the mobile version of the site

Why can't you make a iOS app?

• Posted on 18 July 16 at 11:11Permalink
    Why is that they have a Xbox one app and just can't make a iOS app makes no sense at all.... I miss the unofficial app on iOS :.(
  • Ereaser NLEreaser NL340,803
    Posted on 18 July 16 at 11:34Permalink
    Because for all phones the website works well and it isn't worth the time/money to make a dedicated app.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm257,129
    Posted on 18 July 16 at 16:52Permalink
    I would like an iPhone app. I find the apps are more convenient than using a browser.
  • Posted on 20 July 16 at 15:46Permalink
    MrMagicZero said:
    Why is that they have a Xbox one app and just can't make a iOS app makes no sense at all.... I miss the unofficial app on iOS :.(
    More people might want it to look up achievements when playing a game. Works well on phones/tablets so no sense making one if it works fine on browsers
    Windows platform Nazi. I do it for GamerScore.
  • kiwikiwi30,590
    Posted on 08 February 17 at 03:45Permalink
    Allgorhythm said:
    I would like an iPhone app. I find the apps are more convenient than using a browser.
    I agree! Android would work too, although based on experience, it is easier to develop for iOS.
  • Posted on 19 September 17 at 07:32Permalink
    I think an iOS, Android, WP, and Nokia(?) app would be good. TA doesn't function well on my iPhone in both mobile and desktop versions.
    And there was a huge whale and it was all like MWAAAAA which made it super scary!
  • Posted on 15 October 17 at 21:03Permalink
    I think the TA app for iOS is needed
  • Posted on 16 October 17 at 05:39Permalink
    Ereaser NL said:
    Because for all phones the website works well and it isn't worth the time/money to make a dedicated app.
    Might not be worth the time/money for them but we (iOS users) would definitely benefit from it.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm257,129
    Posted on 16 October 17 at 13:25Permalink
    A Dreadful Shot said:
    Ereaser NL said:
    Might not be worth the time/money for them but we (iOS users) would definitely benefit from it.
    +1
  • Jet KlaatuJet Klaatu256,504
    Posted on 12 September 18 at 22:40Permalink
    I think it would be worth it considering the iPhone is still the most popular phone so it serves the majority.
  • AL1AL1806,773
    Posted on 13 September 18 at 20:04Permalink
    Umm, no. Android dominates the global market: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_syste...

In the USA, it's closer, but it's still Android with a decent lead: https://www.statista.com/statistics/266572/market-share-held...

In the UK, it's iOS that has a very small lead:
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/262179/market-share-held...

More on topic, I'd think that if there are issues on any platform, it would be better to spend dev time on the in-browser experience in a way that benefits all users (PC, tablet, and mobile). I'd call the Xbox One app a special circumstance when it comes to using dev time on apps. It's a great way to attract new users to the site, and almost surely better than an iOS/Android mobile app.

Then again, just my opinion. #WindowsPhoneForLife toast
    Just a guy playing games.
  • frenchmau5frenchmau5274,848
    Posted on 08 July 19 at 13:09Permalink
    Since the addition of the video in window pop up, the mobile site does not work especially well for me.:( I would really like an app if one was ever made
  • DanXcelDanXcel152,038
    Posted on 02 November 19 at 15:40Permalink
    I would love an iOS app!!! Please make one!
  • Posted on 02 November 19 at 17:18Permalink
    DanXcel said:
    I would love an iOS app!!! Please make one!
    Why do you want an app when we now have a fully mobile friendly website?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.