Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Among the Sleep Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 21 July 16 at 08:27
    Please use this thread to discuss the Among the Sleep walkthrough
  • Information
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,641,040
    Posted on 28 July 16 at 03:11
    If you find any errors please let me know!
  • AckisAckis453,538 453,538 GamerScore
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,635,380
    Posted on 19 November 18 at 15:32
    Small error:

This part, at the very end of Chapter 1 right before the heading for Chapter 2:

"Examine the small blue hole at the bottom of the large round portal to the right of the furnace thing, and the teddy will use his tiny arm to open it. "

appears to be incorrect. There's actually two buttons that are red while inactive. Teddy goes and pushes one and then says Hmm I wonder why it didnt open, maybe we have to press them at the same time. Then when you press it around the same time as him, the portal/door opens and you can pick up teddy, climb through, and progress to Chapter 2.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • planting42planting421,819,476
    Posted on 30 December 18 at 22:06, Edited on 30 December 18 at 23:01 by planting42
    in Chapter 3, This
    Continue ahead along the path, and you should see a tree stump/chair to the right, next to another building. Climb up them and into the building. Go through this narrow upper gap in the building and drop down into the building proper. You should see a fireplace ahead to your left. Cross to the far side of the room, then down the sloped beam in the center, and finally up a ramp that looks like a fallen wall or something to the left from the sloped beam. At the far end of the ramp, climb onto the wooden platform (floor, essentially) to your left, then go through the door on the right. You should see a candle burning just inside this doorway.
    Should mention the box you have to drop to be able to cross the water on the ground. I'd suggest:
    Continue ahead along the path, and you should see a tree stump/chair to the right, next to another building. Climb up them and into the building. Go through this narrow upper gap in the building and drop down into the building proper. You should see a fireplace ahead to your left. Across from the fireplace, turn to your right and interact with the box to make it fall down into the water. Cross to the far side of the room, then down the sloped beams in the center, and finally up a ramp that looks like a fallen wall or something to the left from the sloped beam. At the far end of the ramp, climb onto the wooden platform (floor, essentially) to your left, then go through the door on the right. You should see a candle burning just inside this doorway.
    Further in Chapter 3
    Just to the left of this drawing, the tree has three drawers you can use to climb up and reach a hollowed tree trunk/slide leading down to the next part.
    Its on the right, not left.

The piano/bathtub is actually a love seat (small couch)

...and another instance where you have to help Teddy open the gate. He does not open it for you.
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto1,915,146
    Posted on 19 February 20 at 23:54, Edited on 20 February 20 at 18:54 by TheOnlyMatto
    This WT is so well written, authentic and carefully worded, that I don't want to offend you with the things I have pointed out. I think this is one of the best WTs I have used all year and I am glad I rented this game. I thoroughly enjoyed both the WT and game. That mentioned, I have some notes I think might help but feel free to take what you want or ignore it all:

Chapter 1 - The House:

"You’ll exit the pipe in a psychedelic dreamlike world, a hub of sorts, where you’ll need to progress forward to a playhouse. Interact with the window in the door to send your teddy through, who will open the door for you. After your teddy examines the furnace-looking device on the left, open your inventory with , take out the pendant with , and place it inside. Grab the door and close it, then grab the crank wheel on the right and turn it until it locks. Examine the small blue hole at the bottom of the large round portal to the right of the furnace thing, and the teddy will use his tiny arm to open it. This leads to the next chapter, The Caves."

(imaginary mentioned this) Just played it and the whole chapter was picture perfect, other than the end which was confusing. Never saw a portal? I have my gamma up high so I can see things rather clearly and I think it should say:

You’ll exit the pipe in a psychedelic dreamlike world, a hub of sorts, where you’ll need to progress forward to a playhouse. Interact with the teddy bear and then interact with the window in the door to send your teddy through, who will open the door for you. After your teddy examines the furnace-looking device on the left, open your inventory with cn_Y, take out the pendant with cn_RB, and place it inside. Grab the door and close it, then grab the crank wheel on the right and turn it until it locks. Turn right and watch the pendant appear in a tube. The teddy will stand next to a button, to the right of the pendant, and you must push the other button (he will push his at the same time) thus opening the way. Pick up the teddy, proceed forward and down another tube to reach the next chapter, The Caves.

Chapter 2:

Just behind this box, you should find Drawing #14/50. Up above, you should see a tire swing. Although it looks too high, you can grab it with and pull it down, then swing it back and forth to knock the rock off the box. Once the rock falls, open the box to get Owl #5/6.

Drawing 14 was in the box with a rock, dunno if it was a glitch or not.

Chapter 3:

You should see a fireplace ahead to your left. Cross to the far side of the room, then down the sloped beam in the center, and finally up a ramp that looks like a fallen wall or something to the left from the sloped beam.

(planting mentioned this) did what you said and I died. Turns out I had to push a box in to the water below the ramp before I could go down. I took a picture of the box in the water at the bottom of said ramp and another box needs to be dropped on the other side, before the next room. I will upload it to a solution if you would like to see what I mean. I think it should say:

PIC
    https://www.trueachievements.com/gamescreenshot.aspx?gsid=30...

You should see a fireplace ahead to your left. Push the box to the right of the fire place, and make sure it falls down in to the water. Cross to the far side of the room, then down the sloped beam in the center, and finally up a ramp that looks like a fallen wall or something to the left from the sloped beam. At the far end of the ramp, push a box and use it to climb onto the wooden platform (floor essentially)....

also in chapter 3:

Just to the left of this drawing, the tree has three drawers you can use to climb up and reach a hollowed tree trunk/slide leading down to the next part.

It is on the right

Just to the right of this drawing, the tree has three drawers you can use to climb up and reach a hollowed tree trunk/slide leading down to the next part.

also in chapter 3:

Entering the painting for the final path, you’ll a room full of book shelves.

should say:

Entering the painting for the final path, you’ll be in a room full of book shelves.

also in chapter 3:

Once the monster is gone, turn right just past this table/bench thing and hou should come out into a large open area, with a few trees in the middle.

you

Chapter 4:

"Exit back into the narrow hall from the blue door and open the brown door on the right. This will lead you to the tube slide, although this time trying to enter it will earn you a short scene with the boogeyman. You’ll wake up in a pitch-black area where a single light shines in the distance. Keep following these lights, which leads to some very disturbing revelations about mommy. We all saw this coming though, right?"

before the lights appear, you have to pick up teddy's arm. Otherwise you just stand in a beam of light and there is nothing around you. I think it should say this (especially since you mention his arm later but don't mention grabbing it):

"Exit back into the narrow hall from the blue door and open the brown door on the right. This will lead you to the tube slide, although this time trying to enter it will earn you a short scene with the boogeyman. You’ll wake up in a pitch-black area where a single light shines above you. Grab teddy's arm off the ground and the light will appear in the distance. Keep following these lights, which leads to some very disturbing revelations about mommy. We all saw this coming though, right?"

Thanks for the WT it is amazingly well written as usual and I just wanted to help. Take care, bro clap
    See you in Valhalla
  • Se4nzZ WoRLdSe4nzZ WoRLd352,081
    Posted on 24 January 21 at 22:10
    Chapter 2 Drawing 14 is inside the chest and you must stand on top of the tree stump to remove the tire from the branch.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.