Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Fumbling The Handoff

• SedgendarySedgendary266,016
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 23:43Permalink
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • AckterAckter324,968
    Posted on 23 July 16 at 23:49Permalink
    alklein92201 said:
    Ackter said:
    I like how you try to dismiss my last post by listing a bunch of stuff you can't remember.
    That list had nothing to so with your post, it was a response to Sedgendary, hence following a quote from him. Again though, way to assume that anybody who disagrees with your opinion is wrong. The games were different. Many liked the changes. Many did not. Some off who didn't were because they don't like change, some simply enjoy the original formula more. I fall into that category. Your opinion isn't some holy be all end all of gaming.
    I'm not assuming - you are wrong.
  • The Ju1ceThe Ju1ce519,687
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 00:17, Edited on 24 July 16 at 00:30 by The Ju1cePermalink
    Garlyle said:
    This is an absolute mess of an article. Stating your opinion as widely accepted public consensus is just wrong. Bioshock 2 is, far and away, my favorite of the series and I know for a fact I am not alone.
    You are not alone (considering many of the responses in this thread), but you're definitely in the minority.

Metacritic
    BioShock: 96 from critics and 8.9 from users
    BioShock 2: 88 from critics and 8.2 from users
    Infinite: 93 from critics and 8.5 from users

The public consensus for worst game in the series is BioShock 2.

Ackter said:
    New Vegas is an exponentially better game than any of the other Bethesda games - and that includes Skyrim.
    Skyrim: 96 and 8.4
    Oblivion: 94 and 8.7
    Fallout 3: 93 and 8.5
    Fallout 4: 88 and 6.2
    Morrowind: 87 and 8.6
    Fallout NV: 84 and 8.1

You are correct, as long as that exponent happens to be less than 1.
  • Posted on 24 July 16 at 00:24Permalink
    MiserlyPluto459 said:
    Escape dead Island is another example of this. Very poor in comparison to dead Island
    Another great example, though all three have plenty of faults, haha.
  • AckterAckter324,968
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 00:52Permalink
    The Ju1ce said:
    Garlyle said:
    This is an absolute mess of an article. Stating your opinion as widely accepted public consensus is just wrong. Bioshock 2 is, far and away, my favorite of the series and I know for a fact I am not alone.
    You are not alone (considering many of the responses in this thread), but you're definitely in the minority.

Metacritic
    BioShock: 96 from critics and 8.9 from users
    BioShock 2: 88 from critics and 8.2 from users
    Infinite: 93 from critics and 8.5 from users

The public consensus for worst game in the series is BioShock 2.

Ackter said:
    New Vegas is an exponentially better game than any of the other Bethesda games - and that includes Skyrim.
    Skyrim: 96 and 8.4
    Oblivion: 94 and 8.7
    Fallout 3: 93 and 8.5
    Fallout 4: 88 and 6.2
    Morrowind: 87 and 8.6
    Fallout NV: 84 and 8.1

You are correct, as long as that exponent happens to be less than 1.
    Next you'll be proving facts with wikipedia...
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 01:03Permalink
    As opposed to proving facts with opinions? Yes, I'll take wikipedia over that.
  • AckterAckter324,968
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 01:04Permalink
    You're aware that Metacritic is just a collection of opinions, yes?
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 01:10, Edited on 24 July 16 at 01:17 by The Ju1cePermalink
    Yes, and it's a fact that a majority of the opinions from both critics and users do not agree with yours. New Vegas has the worst critic score of the listed games and the second-worst user score.

Let's include TA user ratings.

Skyrim: 4.7
    Oblivion: 4.3
    Fallout 3: 4.5
    Fallout 4: 4.7
    Fallout NV: 4.4
  • AckterAckter324,968
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 01:20Permalink
    Which just indicates one of two things:

1. People vote based on how broken they were at the start (because, let's face it, NV was in bits at the start), or
    2. People are stupid and the complexity of the New Vegas questlines (or, in the case of this website, the complexity of getting 100%) was too much for people.
  • mosin360mosin360695,934
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 03:06Permalink
    We complain that we don't get new games. When we get them, we complain that they aren't like the old games. People are so damn spoiled these days that I can barely stand to read articles like this. Sometimes I wish it go back to the days were you had a couple great games released during the year and between those very rare times, you had a mountain of muck.

Be happy that you live in a time of bountifulness.
    Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,220,082
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 03:12Permalink
    Ackter said:
    Which just indicates one of two things:

1. People vote based on how broken they were at the start (because, let's face it, NV was in bits at the start), or
    2. People are stupid and the complexity of the New Vegas questlines (or, in the case of this website, the complexity of getting 100%) was too much for people.
    Sooo...anybody that doesnt like the exact same thing as you are stupid, and cant understand them?

How is the weather on top of that high horse of yours?
  • AckterAckter324,968
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 04:16Permalink
    Who said anything about liking the same thing as me?

Anyone who can even slightly be without bias can see the difference, but objectivity is an incredibly hard thing to find these days.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,220,082
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 05:12, Edited on 24 July 16 at 05:13 by TheMaizePermalink
    Ackter said:

Anyone who can even slightly be without bias can see the difference, but objectivity is an incredibly hard thing to find these days.
    That post is ironic in so many ways i cant even express, lol
  • Posted on 24 July 16 at 06:37, Edited on 24 July 16 at 06:38 by Dark Death 90Permalink
    It's true, that while the gameplay of Bioshock 2 was arguably better, the story was not only worse, but it actually undermined the original story and it's ending. The story of Rapture should have ended with the first game, period. Also, the idea of playing as a Big Daddy was just plain stupid.

I recommend people look up the Zero Punctuation review for a good explanation of why the game was worse.
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle825,229
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 06:57Permalink
    TheMaize said:
    Ackter said:

That post is ironic in so many ways i cant even express, lol
    Ignorance is bliss, I suppose laugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash329,893
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 10:57Permalink
    How can you write this article and not mention the trainwreck that was Borderlands: The pre-sequel?
  • SedgendarySedgendary266,016
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 13:37Permalink
    The Ju1ce said:
    Yes, and it's a fact that a majority of the opinions from both critics and users do not agree with yours. New Vegas has the worst critic score of the listed games and the second-worst user score.

Let's include TA user ratings.

Skyrim: 4.7
    Oblivion: 4.3
    Fallout 3: 4.5
    Fallout 4: 4.7
    Fallout NV: 4.4
    Aggregated scores like Metacritic and TA's user scores are only really useful in judging how popular a game is.

As for New Vegas, I have generally found the fans of older CRPG games like me and Ackter tend to prefer New Vegas over the Bethesda made Fallout games because of things like complex quest design that gave you freedom on how to complete them and actual role playing.

For me New Vegas is miles better then the 'RPG lite in a Sandbox' games that Bethesda pumps out
  • Posted on 24 July 16 at 14:52Permalink
    I'd say Bioshock 2 is better regarded than Infinite.
    It's certainly my favourite Bioshock game.
  • s3bb86s3bb86374,796
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 15:15Permalink
    Facial La Fleur said:
    Borderlands Pre-Sequel is pretty crap compared to the other two games, in my opinion.
    I would not say crap, but it feels like an overblown dlc to borderlands 2. the story just picks ups after the halfway point of the game, but with the ice element, jetpack-like movement and jacks doppelganger as a playable character, it had its good features imo.
    Bayern Munich Supporter and NBA Junkie
  • bLaKgRaVybLaKgRaVy565,751
    Posted on 24 July 16 at 15:58Permalink
    Let's not forget Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel. While it isn't really a bad game by itself, it's bad compared to the first two.

Army of TWO and The 40th Day were developed by EA Montreal. The Devil's Cartel was developed by Visceral, and their track record is a mixed bag (Dead Space 2 and 3, Battlefield: Hardline and Dante's Inferno [which I personally enjoyed]). Makes me wonder how the upcoming Star Wars game will turn out.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.