Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Bundle Coming to Xbox One This Tuesday

• Goggs25Goggs251,182,589
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 15:01Permalink
    a Fi1thy Casual said:
    I am thinking, as Xbox players, we drew the short straw on this one:

Activision launches Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Ultimate Alliance 2 on PS4 and Xbox One

The pair of critically praised titles can be purchased separately or together in the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Bundle in Europe today via the PlayStation®Store and Steam, and on 28th July through the Xbox Games Store.
    ok so we get it on the 28th but unless both games comes with all dlc then I won't be getting it
    Goggs25
  • mcnichojmcnichoj197,403
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 16:15Permalink
    a Fi1thy Casual said:
    It depends on what agreements Disney has with Activision currently. That was the problem years ago when the DLC's got delisted: contracts regarding certain characters expired. I have no idea where they stand now considering Disney has already moved to give licensing of Spider-Man games strictly to Sony.
    Considering Venom is in the sequel, Activision holds most of the super hero games licenses and presumably they renewed the license for everything related to these games... That seems like a big non-issue.

Allgorhythm said:
    That's exactly right. By keeping the games close to the original, it is clear that the developer is marketing the games to peoplewho have already played them. However, there's a point where sticker shock overcomes nostalgia and I think the current prices have passed that point.
    I think people rebuying a game would want a boost in performance or visuals.
    The real demographic for these is all the casuall people coming off whatever the newest Marvel movie hype and blindly throwing money at whatever has the Marvel logo on it.
  • TEGC RoccoTEGC Rocco228,215
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 19:15, Edited on 26 July 16 at 19:15 by TEGC RoccoPermalink
    elhephny said:
    Wait, so they didn't include the DLC of both games and they still want, that we're giving them 40$? What a rip off!
    I've heard the second one does. It's also possible, given that they didn't really do much to the ports, that the Xbox version will include the DLC since, unless I'm mistaken, the DLC never came out on PS3, while the 360 version had the DLC built in on the marketplace. It's kind of a stretch, but it's still a possibility.
  • AhayzoAhayzo650,229
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 20:12Permalink
    TEGC Rocco said:
    elhephny said:
    Wait, so they didn't include the DLC of both games and they still want, that we're giving them 40$? What a rip off!
    I've heard the second one does. It's also possible, given that they didn't really do much to the ports, that the Xbox version will include the DLC since, unless I'm mistaken, the DLC never came out on PS3, while the 360 version had the DLC built in on the marketplace. It's kind of a stretch, but it's still a possibility.
    You are correct the PS3 never got the DLC for the first game. That gives me hope that the One version will have it since, as you said, it's really just a port, and they'll probably use the digital 360 version which includes the content.
  • DimmockDimmock539,744
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 20:39Permalink
    matdan said:
    rocking23nf said:
    whats next, remastered guitar hero 3 for 69.99, 120 if you want the guitar?
    I believe Transformers Fall of Cybertron is getting a re-release as-well.
    That really was a good game.
  • Posted on 26 July 16 at 20:47Permalink
    Ok thank for answering...wait few days, but if this is without DLCs, I rather wait for sale and will buy them with DLC on x360 digital...
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm302,426
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 21:38Permalink
    mcnichoj said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    That's exactly right. By keeping the games close to the original, it is clear that the developer is marketing the games to peoplewho have already played them. However, there's a point where sticker shock overcomes nostalgia and I think the current prices have passed that point.
    The real demographic for these is all the casuall people coming off whatever the newest Marvel movie hype and blindly throwing money at whatever has the Marvel logo on it.
    That could very well be true--throw a little cash at some old games, give them a facelift, and charge an arm and a leg to capitalize on the latest movie blockbusters. facepalm
  • VoragaVoraga117,999
    Posted on 26 July 16 at 23:17Permalink
    as long as both games have the dlc included with them I won't complain about price. the online better be playable with the MUA1 port though. I have never experienced so much lag in a game before than MUA 1
  • Posted on 27 July 16 at 02:31Permalink
    Its not on the Xbox one store yet and it says it comes out today which is Tuesday July 26th
  • AhayzoAhayzo650,229
    Posted on 27 July 16 at 02:57Permalink
    Deadpool7132 said:
    Its not on the Xbox one store yet and it says it comes out today which is Tuesday July 26th
    It came out today on PlayStation, Xbox is Thursday now
  • Pedle ZelnipPedle Zelnip689,822
  • AhayzoAhayzo650,229
    Posted on 27 July 16 at 04:58Permalink
    Pedle Zelnip said:I'm pretty sure the DLC never existed outside of Xbox which explains why it's not in the other versions, as mentioned above, since it's just a port of last gen. They rereleased the games on LIVE early this year I late last year with the DLC so they got the license back, doubt it wouldn't apply here.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,482
    Posted on 27 July 16 at 05:15Permalink
    Allgorhythm said:
    mcnichoj said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    That could very well be true--throw a little cash at some old games, give them a facelift, and charge an arm and a leg to capitalize on the latest movie blockbusters. facepalm
    This isn't a new practice...we already have that crappy Prototype Bundle!!
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • Posted on 27 July 16 at 07:27Permalink
    alklein92201 said:
    Pedle Zelnip said:I'm pretty sure the DLC never existed outside of Xbox which explains why it's not in the other versions, as mentioned above, since it's just a port of last gen. They rereleased the games on LIVE early this year I late last year with the DLC so they got the license back, doubt it wouldn't apply here.
    According to this, it means if its port on xbox it will be with DLCs.... maybe yes...
  • Posted on 27 July 16 at 18:18Permalink
    MUA2 is confirmed to come with the DLC.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

The achievements are still not listed for MUA1 as of yet.
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • CERBERUS1880CERBERUS1880583,414
    Posted on 27 July 16 at 22:50Permalink
    I was really looking forward to these games. But at AUD$60 each or AUD$100 for the bundle, no thanks.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj197,403
    Posted on 27 July 16 at 23:59Permalink
    New xDante1986 said:
    alklein92201 said:
    According to this, it means if its port on xbox it will be with DLCs.... maybe yes...
    According to what? No, all the versions are ported from the same version; the original PC one.

Also the fact the DLC was only on the 360 has zero relevance. MS did not pay for the DLC or publish it. They do not hold any rights to any of Marvels characters. It's just the 360 was cheaper to develop for and the Xbox marketplace had higher sales numbers. It also wouldn't explain why the new PC version doesn't have them because MS only cares about console exclusivity.
    It was cheaper for them to port the old PC version and they get no extra money for spending the time to bring over the DLC. It's possible they could bring them over due to backlash, especially in this day and age never say never but their original thoughts were the game would sell regardless so why spend more than you have to.
  • AhayzoAhayzo650,229
    Posted on 28 July 16 at 03:56, Edited on 28 July 16 at 03:56 by AhayzoPermalink
    mcnichoj said:
    According to what? No, all the versions are ported from the same version; the original PC one.
    According to a guess in hopes that I am right. Where did you see everything is based on the PC version?

Also the fact the DLC was only on the 360 has zero relevance. MS did not pay for the DLC or publish it. They do not hold any rights to any of Marvels characters. It's just the 360 was cheaper to develop for and the Xbox marketplace had higher sales numbers. It also wouldn't explain why the new PC version doesn't have them because MS only cares about console exclusivity.
    It was cheaper for them to port the old PC version and they get no extra money for spending the time to bring over the DLC. It's possible they could bring them over due to backlash, especially in this day and age never say never but their original thoughts were the game would sell regardless so why spend more than you have to.
    Nobody said anything about MS having anything to do with publishing or owning the DLC or rights in it. It's the idea that we haven't seen anything indicating which version is being ported, and they may very well have just ported inside the platform families considering they put practically no effort into their rereleases this gen. If that's the case, the DLC exclusivity to the 360 is very relevant. Could it be the first game won't have DLC tomorrow? Sure. Could it be it does? Sure, I haven't seen anything indicating otherwise other than an unsourced claim they're all from the PC version.
  • DutRankDutRank152,617
    Posted on 28 July 16 at 06:29Permalink
    Achievement still not up for the first game?
  • NonfaithNonfaith445,417
    Posted on 28 July 16 at 06:41Permalink
    Would have to look absolutely f'ing amazing for me to pay that over inflated price.
    All bleeding stops eventually.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.