Game Discussion: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones Forum

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones Multi-Genre Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 25 July 16 at 07:16
Please use this thread to discuss this games classification under the new multi-genre system.

Click here to cast your votes.
NBA Kirkland
NBA Kirkland
Posted on 19 August 19 at 18:32
I believe Metroidvania genre should be added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=189&v=ezO-IJ...

Exploration of a single interconnected world. The player will gain new skills / abilities that allow them to explore once inaccessible areas.

Here's a view of the map.
https://binged.it/2KHWXuW
@NBAKirkland
Information Posted on 20 August 19 at 21:56
NBA Kirkland has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
Metroidvania
See above.
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 20 August 19 at 22:49
I disagree. While it does have a map somewhat resembling a metroidvania, it is much simpler than that, and is really just a glorified hub world for all the smaller levels which are undeniably thr main focus of the game. It's no more a metroidvania than any other platformer featuring an interactive hub world. For example, I'm playing through Spyro 2 right now, and by the same logic, that game would be a metroidvania. I'd rather we not go down that rabbit hole again laugh
What can change the nature of a man?
NBA Kirkland
NBA Kirkland
Posted on 20 August 19 at 22:54
I don't think the overworld is simple at all. You had to solve puzzles and perform platforming just to get around in the overworld. Getting from one spot to another could be quite an ordeal.
@NBAKirkland
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 21 August 19 at 01:02
Yes, that is the case with most platformers that have an interactive hub world. There are some bonus areas to explore, sure, but the paths between each level hub area is quite short and linear. Either way it is in no way the focus of the game.
What can change the nature of a man?
Vitiated1
Vitiated1
Posted on 02 September 19 at 15:26
The team feels as if there aren't enough Metroidvania elements to classify this as part of that genre
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.