Game Info Submission Archive: Left 4 Dead

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Left 4 Dead - Game Info submissions

Related game: Left 4 Dead

• Information
    Posted on 31 July 16 at 09:53
    Epsilon Theta has just submitted some Game Info for Left 4 Dead.

These changes are for All Regions.

Delisted change from False to False

Epsilon Theta said:
    Please split of the following achievement from the Crash Course DLC.

Left 4 Dead20 Car Pile-upThe 20 Car Pile-up achievement in Left 4 Dead worth 50 pointsAs a Tank hit 20 Survivors with a car in the Crash Course campaign.

Upon installing my regular version of the game through backwards compatibility it loads with all title updates, related to DLC or not. The splash screen also reads GotY edition while the game itself features no DLC (it isn't installed and I'd need to buy it first).

However, as the title updates related to the DLC are installed, it automatically awards the achievement above which was buggy and never really fixed, they just unlocked it for everyone. I have never played said DLC (don't own it) and never played online (at least not in the last few years that I can remember and for sure not using the tank that well).

Hence, I argue that the achievement should be split off into a title update.
  • ChinDoctaChinDocta2,858,881
    Posted on 20 January 18 at 06:33
    Thanks for the submission, Epsilon Theta. Apologies for taking so long to get back to you, the team feels that because the achievement unlocks due to simply playing on the Xbox One that a split is unwarranted. As such we will be taking no action.
    I'm the GI Ass Man
  • Epsilon ThetaEpsilon Theta1,042,933
    Posted on 20 January 18 at 09:13
    My argument was that it unlocks as title update with the GOTY version of the game.
    Posted on 20 January 18 at 10:21
    My apologies, the staff discussions hadn’t raised this point. I’ll bring it up with the team and get back to you shortly
    I'm the GI Ass Man
  • ELBaRTiiELBaRTii594,439
    Posted on 20 January 18 at 21:38
    When I earned that achievement in 2011 it was after installing an update/patch. I got it as soon as the game loaded the main menu, so I don't think it has to do with Backwards Compatibility but was patched years ago.
    Additionally, I never met the requirements for this achievement - it is either a bug or they made it so that every gamer gets it without doing anything.
    I don't own the GOTY edition so that can't be the reason either.
  • Silver1337Silver1337769,418
    Posted on 20 January 18 at 23:34
    I, too, unlocked this in 2011 upon booting up the game after an update, even though I don't own the DLC. At the time, another half-dozen or so friends reported the same thing happening. It was my understanding the achievement was glitched and intentionally unlocked for everyone as a remedy, but it's been so long I couldn't tell you exactly why I thought that.
    Posted on 22 January 18 at 13:27
    Thanks again for the submission, Epsilon Theta. Thank you to ELBaRTii and Silver1337 for the additional information. You'll all be glad to know we have separated the achievement into it's own Crash Course Title Update.
    I'm the GI Ass Man
  • Epsilon ThetaEpsilon Theta1,042,933
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 11:40
    Thank you!
  • Information
    Posted on 02 February 18 at 20:25
    This post was archived by Piston Toyota
  • Information
  • JudgeJudge764,694
    Posted on 23 July 23 at 17:27
    Hello, we have marked this delisted, but we are unable to manually fix the price tab or content area for the DLC, so that will not be able to be adjusted unfortunately. Thanks for the help!
  • Information
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads